Hacking NDS Lite touchscreen issues - help?

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I picked up a NDS Lite secondhand and there is something wrong with the touch screen. After ten minutes or so the screen graddually becomes blurry, colours become faint or invert and it gets to the point where it's very difficult to see what's going on. When I turn it off it needs to "cool down" or something for half an hour or so or else the screen will be just as blurry as when I turned it off.

The system came with a replacement screen bt I'd like to know exactly what this priblem might be before I disassemble anything. Thanks in advance!

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BUMP: no-one has any idea?

I can still use the touch-screen without any issue, it's just very difficult to actually see what I'm trying to press. It makes games like Zelda nigh on impossible to enjoy. Nahyone?

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very odd problem you have there... sounds like the kind of thing that happens when LCD stuff is damaged by being left in the sun for too long, though that is just a guess...

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm i'd say the same as enigma, depending where you got it, if it was at say, EB or somewhere with some credibility i'd take it back and claim it as not working even as a second hand device, has to have standards. If you bought it from a friend or friend's friend then you could always confront them but other than that sounds like it wont be fixed unless you return it or replace parts.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No chance of returning/refunding this, so I'll have to fix it myself methinks. Pwned, I know, but it only cost me $75AUS and came with an R4 and 1gig card, so I can live with it.

It actually came with what I think is a replacement screen of some sort, but the package is all in Chinese so I have no real idea if it's a screen, a screen protector or anything else... If I was to scan this, does anyone think they'd recognise it?

Even if it is a screen, I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix it. I'd open up the DS to take a look, but that will require a tri-wing screwdriver... right?

Sorry for being such a n00b
unsure.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No chance of returning/refunding this, so I'll have to fix it myself methinks. Pwned, I know, but it only cost me $75AUS and came with an R4 and 1gig card, so I can live with it.

It actually came with what I think is a replacement screen of some sort, but the package is all in Chinese so I have no real idea if it's a screen, a screen protector or anything else... If I was to scan this, does anyone think they'd recognise it?

Even if it is a screen, I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix it. I'd open up the DS to take a look, but that will require a tri-wing screwdriver... right?

Sorry for being such a n00b
unsure.gif

Replacing the screen isn't that hard, and chances are, there's a very high possibility that there's a video explaining how to do it on youtube.
For 75 bucks and a free R4 & 4Gig I'd say that's still a great deal. Where'd you find the deal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: