OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Quick question...
If I were to buy a brand new DS Lite right now, out of the box brand new and everything, not XL or DSi, would I have to worry about my flashcarts not working on it? Specifically an original R4 with Wood and everything?
I know this is sort of a noobish question but I never bothered to think about it...
Any help or comments are appreciated!
grog.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other than pin alignment and the like (some of the later model DS lites we saw this quite a lot) you should be good- no technological measures were put in place to prevent flash cards (passme is a different matter but you are probably not using one any more) on any DS lite as far as I know.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pin alignment- bad pin contact (not enough spring), dirty pins, bad pin spacing relative to the slot.........

It varies depending on the pin (there are not so many "redundant" pins on the DS- http://files.darkfader.net/ds/files/cartridge.txt ). Generally though the cart will not be detected, reading the cart will be troubled (games crash when loading themselves or saving), it might crash a lot and so on.

There are various tricks you can use (some put paper behind the pins to force better contact and things like that for instance) and they can completely solve problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?