Hacking NDS lite battery replacement.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i ordered a third party replacement battery off dealextreme and it arrived today with my other stuff
smile.gif

Mainly because the original one is loosing it's charge pretty quickly these days.

Now i went to replace the battery, but guess what? the screwdriver (which came with the battery) head is slightly too big - lol.

so, i probably have to go to a hardware store to get a mini screwdriver. S
Should they be cheap? and what kind of store should i get them from?

also, i read on wikipedia that user settings are lost when you replace the battery. I was surprised by this; is it true?

Thanks for the help buddies.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the user settings are wiped. But that's only data like your name, language, time/date and any Wifi Settings. Nothing that couldn't be easily returned onto your DS.

The DS screwdrivers are roughly about 7.00-9.00

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
And, happy with the 3rd party battery? I got me one of those a year ago and it didn't even work properly; wouldn't fully charge. I have the feeling all 3rd party batteries are crap, even when the mAh is more than the standard one..

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And, happy with the 3rd party battery? I got me one of those a year ago and it didn't even work properly; wouldn't fully charge. I have the feeling all 3rd party batteries are crap, even when the mAh is more than the standard one..

The problem with 3rd Party batteries is that the battery has a higher mAh. Sure it's nice and all because it's "bigger" but you need a better/stronger charger for it to actually top it off. With the DS's original charger, very unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.