NDS lite battery replacement.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by OSW, Nov 13, 2007.

1. OSW
    OP

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Ok, i ordered a third party replacement battery off dealextreme and it arrived today with my other stuff [​IMG].

Mainly because the original one is loosing it's charge pretty quickly these days.

Now i went to replace the battery, but guess what? the screwdriver (which came with the battery) head is slightly too big - lol.

so, i probably have to go to a hardware store to get a mini screwdriver. S
    Should they be cheap? and what kind of store should i get them from?

also, i read on wikipedia that user settings are lost when you replace the battery. I was surprised by this; is it true?

Thanks for the help buddies.

2. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Yes, the user settings are wiped. But that's only data like your name, language, time/date and any Wifi Settings. Nothing that couldn't be easily returned onto your DS.

The DS screwdrivers are roughly about 7.00-9.00

3. OSW
    OP

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Cheers!

4. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    And, happy with the 3rd party battery? I got me one of those a year ago and it didn't even work properly; wouldn't fully charge. I have the feeling all 3rd party batteries are crap, even when the mAh is more than the standard one..

5. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    The problem with 3rd Party batteries is that the battery has a higher mAh. Sure it's nice and all because it's "bigger" but you need a better/stronger charger for it to actually top it off. With the DS's original charger, very unlikely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice