Homebrew NDS Internet Browser?

racer123246

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this website and really don't understand any of the code-names. I was wondering is there is an internet browser for my DS Lite that requires no software like the official one with the usb by nintendo or a random card like RD4 or something like that. Just need a plain, simple, internet browser I can download to my computer and put onto my DS. If anyone can help, that would be great.
unsure.gif
yaynds.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a flash cartridge, where exactly do you plan to store the browser you've downloaded? And how are you going to connect your DS to the PC to put it on there?

Simply put, you have two options. Buy the official browser, or buy a homebrew device. If you get a homebrew device, you'd want a slot-1 device to run a few of the homebrew web browsers and an additional slot-2 expansion pack with RAM to run the rest.

racer123246

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, some so will I just get a catridge that is like a memory thing and connects to my pc and load the program on it, right? If not, I just buy the official, install it, and the computer does the rest? Like will I install the software and select my internet and i'm set? Sorry for using so many question marks, I feel as if they're questions.

Firedrake1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need 2 things.
1. you need something to run the browser from
2. you need RAM for the program to run

There are a lot of options out there so i do not intend to go over all of them. What i would advise is buying a Slot-1 solution like the M3DS Real and then buying a slot-2 solution like the M3 GBA Ram pack. You can buy these bundled together. It's what I did.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
racer123246 said:
Ok, some so will I just get a catridge that is like a memory thing and connects to my pc and load the program on it, right? If not, I just buy the official, install it, and the computer does the rest? Like will I install the software and select my internet and i'm set? Sorry for using so many question marks, I feel as if they're questions.
Have you ever used a DS? There's no installing involved, the games and other software (like the browser) are just run from the slot on the top of the DS, behind the upper screen. If you go the official route, then how it works is that you buy the browser, which consists of a DS game card for the top slot, and a special RAM cart for the bottom slot, inserted like a GBA game. If you want to go the unofficial route, then you get a flash card, which is (most commonly) like a regular game card with a microSD slot on it. microSD cards are a form of digital memory which you can load your files onto. Then you run them on your DS, using your flash card like any other game card. There are several homebrew browsers, which don't need the extra RAM cart, but if you want to use the Opera browser, you'll need some kind of cart. Most people get the EZ-Flash 3-in-1, which acts as a RAM card, a rumble pak, and a GBA flash cart in one.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, what Firerake means is that you need a DS storage device to actually run the browser off of.
If you're using the Opera browser, you will need a RAM pack in Slot 2 along with your browser ROM patched to use that RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.