NDS Icons, the PC, and Me. (mid-sized read.)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by WildWon, Jun 11, 2008.

Jun 11, 2008
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Last night, i had snagged a couple of *ehem* backups to load onto my CycloDS and i sat down at my 'puter for some working. I had collected them at work and put them on a USB key drive, and hooked it into my bawks. After i moved the zipped files onto my home drive, i selected 'em all and hit "Extract Here..." with good ole WinRar and they all unzipped, as they're supposed to... but their Icons were all the icons i'd see on my DS through a flashcart.

Up until last night, all .nds and .sav (or whatever the save file extensions are for the Cyclo) had the generic "unknown file type" icon.

I then went into my rom directory, and every single rom icon was the icon associated with each rom. Not only that, every save file had a new icon and were called "Cyclops DS Save Files" or something alone those lines. I have NO idea how it happened. I mean, even the day prior, it was the generic icons.

Here's the kicker, i don't have the internet at home, and i haven't run any off the wall programs on my PC in quite a while. It's used to store/transfer roms to the Cyclo and the SC-DS1, to watch movies as we (Wife® and myself) fall asleep, and to store movies/TV shows to stream to the 360.

Any thoughts? Am i late on the train of the Game Icons being used *IN* windows? I'm not looking for a fix by any means, i just never knew the icons could be viewed by Windows like that, and i REALLY like it! Its just confusing, is all.

2. Jayenkai

Member Jayenkai GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Cool!!

Have you, maybe installed something for the CycloDS that's done it?

Any chance of a screenshot?

3. Gian

Member Gian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AFAIK, if you downloaded ndsExt.dll from the Cyclo Website, it will do that.
    You have an option to turn it off, though.

4. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Honestly, i have no idea how it happened. I don't *THINK" i installed anything new recently... because of not having Interwebs access at the apartment, i don't do too much on there anymore, other than movies and swapping roms *cough* backups in an out of a couple of cards.

I don't know what happened and i don't care, its just really badass that i can see all the roms damnit... backups' icons now!