Hacking NDS Hindge fux0r'd, thinking about new case

n84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SUP!

After taking perfect care of my NDS Lite, my sister borrowed it and allowed my younger brother (who is 4) to fuck about with it. He seems to have broken the hindge and lost the pen. Thankfully my DS-X is in tact and the uni still works properly. I also have a spare pen so thats not a problem.

However the broken hindge is gay as hell. Here are some AWESOME pics of the broken hindge. IS THAT EVEN HOW YOU SPELL HINDGE?!?!

ANYWAYS. What i am posting to ask is - WHERE Can i get a replacement Case in the UK? I like the look of these but they are from america http://www.gp2xstore.com/catalog/Shock_Shells-22-1.html . Also, how difficult is it to fit a new case? Ive looked at the guides and it looks a bit complicated. Thanks, Louis

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Sorry to hear about the DS m8!

It's spelt 'hinge'
wink.gif

The shock cases are the ones to go for, but I've heard that they are absolute hell to fit, so good luck with it mate
frown.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It depends on how you take care of it.

Shock shells also crack easily, but as long as you take care of it, I guess you'll be fine. Alternatively you can try glue the insides to avoid it from cracking - but I'm not sure that it would work.

Installation is relatively straight forward with instructions.

DrediKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The Shock! shells has cheaper plastic than the stock case. The finish scrateches off easily and trying to get the fit right is impossible on the top shell. Just send it back to nintendo to be fixed. I went through three replacements for hinge cracks replaced by nintendo, finally they wanted to start charging me so I tried the shock shell, but it was so crappy I just bought a new ds.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
um...u can get that replaced by nintendo for free O.o

just get nintendo to replace it >.>;;

its a known issue with the hinges, I've replaced 7 DSes already
not if you warranty is up, then they charge you $50 dollars, thats the price, normal repair fee is $75 but nintendo says since its a common problem, they have taken $25 dollars off.

how generous of them. they're problem, charge us to fix it.
dry.gif

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just did a Shock case replacement and the only trouble I had was the L and R buttons (Stupid springs) and I am about to do another case no problems for me I found it fairly easy. Good luck.

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
T_T.. argh the same thing happened to me just now..

wonder if i should call nintendo to fix it or just buy a new one.. if i hab to pay that much plus shipping .. id rather buy a new one..

:/.. i use clear case.. so it doesnt really have any effect when im playing.. its just... ugly..

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
um...u can get that replaced by nintendo for free O.o

just get nintendo to replace it >.>;;

its a known issue with the hinges, I've replaced 7 DSes already

not if you warranty is up, then they charge you $50 dollars, thats the price, normal repair fee is $75 but nintendo says since its a common problem, they have taken $25 dollars off.

how generous of them. they're problem, charge us to fix it.
dry.gif

oh ~ last I checked.. with what I talked to the Nintendo representative, it was a known manufacturer defect and they will replace it regardless of warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)