Hacking NDS-GBA sound problem?

TheWintersun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using v1.21 of the GBA emulator with the gameconfig.txt in the right place. All of my GBA games run great, except there's one, little problem. Every second or so, there are these crackling, tinny noises that happen. They're mostly masked by the sounds of the game, but if you listen close, you can hear them all the same. I don't have any problem with sound when I'm running NDS games, so I was wondering if this is a problem with the GBA emulator or GBA game playback in general. Would changing any of the emulator settings fix this? I currently have them all set to the default.

P.S. This is on a DSTWO with all firmware/EOS updates and a class-10 sd card.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWintersun said:
I'm using v1.21 of the GBA emulator with the gameconfig.txt in the right place. All of my GBA games run great, except there's one, little problem. Every second or so, there are these crackling, tinny noises that happen. They're mostly masked by the sounds of the game, but if you listen close, you can hear them all the same. I don't have any problem with sound when I'm running NDS games, so I was wondering if this is a problem with the GBA emulator or GBA game playback in general. Would changing any of the emulator settings fix this? I currently have them all set to the default.

P.S. This is on a DSTWO with all firmware/EOS updates and a class-10 sd card.
This happens when you change the Frame Skip Type setting to manual. Change it to "Auto" and set Frame Skip Level to "2".

TheWintersun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I have the frame skip setting on Auto and the amount of frames skipped set to 2. I've tried messing around with the other emulator settings, but every configuration I try ends with the same weird, sound glitches.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWintersun said:
I believe I have the frame skip setting on Auto and the amount of frames skipped set to 2. I've tried messing around with the other emulator settings, but every configuration I try ends with the same weird, sound glitches.
Then update to version 1.30.

TheWintersun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running quite a few GBA games recently, but I've spent the most time with Metroid: Fusion and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Every single GBA game I've tried runs flawlessly, minus this strange audio glitch that they all share.

TheWintersun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, alright. I'm glad it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me. Bummer that there's no fix for it, so I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it. Thank you for all your help, though.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...