NDS & GBA Releases Week of 29th October 2007

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Oct 25, 2007.

Oct 25, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Hey there! Theres the usual load of cash in and mini crap but there are some secksy stuff there too like DEMENTIUM THE FREAKING WARD!!

29th October

Cars Mater-National NDS & GBA

Region: US Genre: Race-me-do
    Developer: THQ Publisher: THQ

Looking a little better than the last game but still probably be crap this is yet another cash in from THQ. Theres a GBA version too.

DS:
    [​IMG]

GBA:
    [​IMG]

El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera

Region: US Genre: Action-me-do

Another THQ game based on a NickToon, I can't really work out what this game is but it looks a bit meh. You play some kind of Mexican Tiger super hero thing and erm yeah thats it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ratatouille Food Frenzy

Region: US Genre: Cook-me-do

THQ use the Ratatouiile license to sell a Cooking Mama rip off.

[​IMG]

30th October

Barbie as The Island Princess

Region: US Genre: Crap-me-do
    Developer: Activision Publisher: Activision

Some kind of adventure/mini game fest of crapness. I looked for screens but fount none but then I looked for ooh a minute. Anyway theres like 28 odd mini games because thats all the rage now with lazy arsehole developers with no imagination or inclination to make a good thing out of a bad license.

Bee Movie Game

Region: US Genre: mini game-me-do
    Developer: Vicarious Visions Publisher: Activision

Nothing to do with Bee Game, but a cash in on that CGI film that is probably about a bee that goes on some life affirming adventure and discovers that the friends it makes were the things missing in its life...I think, well thats what most of these are about right? As well as the normal adventure theres loads of stupid mini games. IGN says it has a solid 3D engine but is pretty much the same quality as any other game that is aimed at kids...so it sucks ass then.

[​IMG]

Ben 10: Protector of Earth

Region: US Genre: Action Platform-me-do
    Developer: 1st Playable Productions Publisher: D3 Publisher

Another licensed game from some kids tv show. There were screens for the DS knocking about but can't seem to find them.

Dr. Suess: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Region: US Genre: Platform-me-do
    Developer: Black Lantern Publisher: DSI

Now the GBC game was pretty good, kinda like Metal Gear Solid but without the neck breaking. This one looks like another cheap DSI game. Prove me wrong guys!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shrek 3: Ogres & Dragons

Developer: WayForward Publisher: Activision

Yay another crap WayForward game! What happened to the guys behind Shantae? Why can't your games based on shit licenses be more like Sabrina GBC and less like this? Come on guys I know you have talents, I've seen Contra 4 please stop selling out by doing this crap and GO FORWARD you know like your name inclines? Anyway its some kind of Nintendogs game but with Ogres & Dragonkeys. So if you're like 3 years old you might like it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Simpsons Game

Developer: EA Publisher: EA

And the crap cash ins continue...no wait...this is apparently really good! Well thank the heavens for that! From the screens it looks like it'll suck balls but the many previews that I've read about this version say its better than the home console versions and that its a really well thought out game. Game styles include platform, strategy & RPG. This DS version of The Simpsons Game has over 2,000 lines of speech and 22 minutes of full-motion video, so expect a hefty cart size.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Panzer Tactics DS DELAYED UNTIL THE 5th

Region: US Genre: Turn based strat-me-do
    Developer: Sproing Publisher: 10ticle

Been waiting ages for this but it keeps getting delayed all the time. This date has been around for a few months now so lets hope it sticks. Basically its a more realistic take on Advance Wars and set in WWII. People who have played it says its quite deep and plays very well. The game also has weather effects so when it rains you see it rain as well as lightning .Its multiplayer mode lets you challenge your friends via Hotseat mode, LAN or Wi-Fi, and collect important points for the Panzer Tactics DS online Highscore Ladder. Sounds like an awful lot has gone into this game, could be the best strategy title on the DS, if it goes well then Advance Wars: Days of Ruin looks to be a bit redundant when it comes out.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OMG: Our Mini Games 26

Region: US Genre: Mini game-me-do
    Developer: Dreams Interactive Publisher: UFO Interactive

Huzzah another crap mini game compilation!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Matchstick Puzzle

Region: Europe Genre: Puzzle-me-do
    Developer: Ertain Publisher: Mercury Games

Puzzle game with matchsticks

[​IMG] [​IMG]

31st October

[​IMG]

Region: US Genre: Survival Horror FPS-me-do
    Developer: Renegade Kid Publisher: Gamecock

A ROM has already been dumped of this...hurrah!

Excuse me while I wet myself. I've been wanting this game since I saw it announced earlier this year, every month I've seen more and more of this and it looks better and better! I've been waiting for a proper FPS game for the DS (MPH was good but kinda limited) and I've wanted a proper horror DS title (RE was good but dated). This should satisfy my gaming needs. So far previews have said that its awesome. They say when you plug the headphones in its actually scary, which is hard to believe with a DS title but lets wait and see. They say the puzzles are very good and aren't there to lengthen the game. They say it plays exactly how it should and that the framerate is excellent throughout. Nice to see a developer treat a DS game like they would for any home console and push the DS's hardware and also exalts to Gamecock for publishing this game and not asking the developers to alter it in anyway. Looks like its Silent Hill meets Doom and from the videos it looks like its got some of the best atmospheric sound on the DS to date.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King

Region: Europe Genre: Adventure-me-do
    Developer: Deck13 Publisher: Xider

Based on the PC series that I've never heard of this is apparently a point and click adventure title! Looks pretty enough to me, lets hope it plays well. The DS version aims to remain loyal to the popular franchise, with brave young adventurer Assil returning alongside fellow characters Thara, Pharaoh and Osiris: God of the Underworld for another Ankh-related quest. This was actually released a few months back, I even saw it on the shelves in Virgin Megastores but it has magically disappeared so perhaps it was only a limited release back then.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1st November

Garfield Gets Real

Developer: Gravity Publisher: DSI

Now I actually kinda enjoyed Garfield 2 DS thought I'll never wanna play it again it was ok. Garfields Nightmare was a decent platformer too. This one is by DSI...oh dear. Well erm lets wait and see how this turns out. Ok the game is apparently in full 3D with and you use the stylus to control Garfield and has an astonishing 7 levels! Holy crap!!! Theres no screenshots which is weird because DSI usually have them on their website so perhaps it looks like an early Amiga 3D game that has the word 4D in the title.

Dragon Tamer Sound Spirit

Region: Japan Genre: RPG-me-do
    Developer: Namco Bandai Publisher: Namco Bandai

Pretty interesting game. An RPG where you collect dragons. Looks Pokemony but the interesting thing is that to get these dragons you record stuff using the DS mic, and according to the pitch and that it creates a dragon for you. Be nice to see how this works and if its any good lets hope for a release outside of Japan.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

San Goku Shi 2

Region: Japan Genre: RTS-me-do
    Developer: Namco Bandai Publisher: Namco Bandai

Another Romance of the Three Kingdoms game for the DS.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out is Zaidan Houjin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Koushiki Soft: 250-Mannin no KanKen.

Boogie

Region: Europe Genre: Dance-me-do

So another dance game for the DS except you tap and not dance. And the mic is in use too so thats erm nice.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Paint By DS

Region: Europe/Australia Genre: Paint-me-do

A English version of Kokoro wo Yasumeru Otona no Nurie DS. Looks meh.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And thats your lot, some really meh looking games in there and some really awesome ones. More awesome games next week too, good times! Sadly the crap will still come as its near Xmas and well companies like teh moniez.

Coming Soon

The Runaway 2

Region: Europe Genre: Adventure-me-do
    Developer: Cyanide Publisher: Focus Home Interactive Released:TBA '07

Thought I'd cover something thats actually coming out this year in English. This title is a port of the apparently pretty good adventure game The Runaway - The Dream of the Turtle. Its a point and click adventure game like the ones LucasArts made before they had to release everything under the name "Star Wars". In Alaska, Hawaii, under the sea or up in the sky, in the middle of a hostile jungle or on board a huge yacht, you will experience an unforgettable adventure in a rich and varied environment. The game is filled with juicy puzzles and exciting challenges which can be solved more or less easily depending on the player's level. Lets hope its a winner.

http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14212713/vids_1.html]Video Link://http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/14...html]Video Link://http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/14...html]Video Link://http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/14...html]Video Link://http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/14...html]Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As usual for god sake wait for a dump of a game, even if its be released a few days ago just wait ok? Also publishers mostly suck as so expect games to slip to another date.

Shout out to the cool members: lagman, Shelleeson, ShadowXP, The Last Spartan, Pasc, thegame07, Destructobot, JPH, SpikeyNDS, jgu1994, sinkhead, VVoltz, jimmy j, cubin, [M]artina, the mods and admin and those who PM'd thanks last week. Sorry if I've forgot anyone but fudge it you're all cool*

*Except BoneMonkey who probably doesn't care 'cos I'm a pirating scumbag.

2. moggymatt

Member moggymatt GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There's a few good games in that list, good work [​IMG]

I'm pissed that Panzer Tactics is a hex block stratagie game instead of a RTS like C&C (it been delayed enough, now that was the nail in the coffin for me, tho I will try it)

Simpsons, is one to look forward too, I hope the Wii version is good, i'venot heard much on either version.

oh and there's that 'ward' looks a bit shit, Barbie looks better! [​IMG]

lol @ Barbie as The Island Princess Genre: Crap me do [​IMG]

3. osirisFIVE

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    Panzer, The Simpsons and Paint game.

Haha, I'm not a total fan of Dementium.
    I'm not a particular fan of FPS's for the DS.

PAINT GAME FTW.

EDIT: I'm actually waiting for that 'It's a Wonderful World' game. I wonder if it'll ever get localized.
    The storyline sounds totally sweet.

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I'm still wondering where that doctor game is. The one that was on the list AGES ago but still haven't surfaced.

5. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    LifeSigns:
    US: 6th November
    Europe 16th November

6. skarthebloodchild

Member skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    The Runaway 2 suprised me enen though i haven't played the first one.
    Adventures on ds are great [​IMG]
    Looking for The Simpsons, Paint By DS and Dementium : The Ward.
    [​IMG]

edit:
    Runaway 2 is a dvd pc game about 4gb ...wonder what they took out to fit on the ds...
    Runaway 1 is a 3cd pc game.

7. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    OMFG BEN 10 [​IMG] my sons will love this the show is really good i haven't had time to go through the rest of the thread i saw this and was like [​IMG]
    dementium looks good as does and ankh and paint
    many thanks again hadrian another outstanding job [​IMG]

8. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Dementium - The Ward gonna rock!!! DS need more these games. I'm gonna try that Dragon Tamer thing too.

9. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    Dementium: The Ward is all I care about, looks awesome. Top job again hadrian, you sure do have alot of patience with fucking DSI and WayForward. [​IMG]

10. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Yey! Finally Dementium! Looks like a good fps [​IMG]
    And The Simpsons! Hope it's good.. well I'll play it anyway.. I admit it.. I'm a Simpsons fanboy [​IMG]

Boogie is not looking all bad.. I'll give it a try [​IMG]

11. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    Ben 10, my little bro is gunna want this scum of a game. *sigh*

Looks like there are some nice releases coming our way. Glad to see that last stream of DS and Wii releases were pretty promising.

Great work as always Hadrian, have a super cookie (there like regular cookies except with a little something extra...mthrnite's blood [​IMG] )

12. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    hadrian, this is one of the best gbatemp features ever and I´m happy to be able read it every week. Thanks !!! [​IMG]

Games:

Dementium, the point and click ones and panzer tactics all look great !

13. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Dementium looks "meh" at best, IMO. As far as the other titles go, The Simpson is a "must-try", just because it's The Simpsons, Boogie too, because the Wii version looks quite fun and... well, I think that's about it.
    I'll probably give my sister some of those, like the new Ratatouille (the movie was actually quite good, I must add), The Simpsons, The Grinch one... etc.

PS: The Runaway/2 are games entirely developed by a Spanish studio, yay! [​IMG]

14. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    well that sucks ben's only got access to 5 of his aliens and he has at least 12 to go at [​IMG]
    [/nerd alert]

15. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    Oh crap, when I saw Panzer Tactics DS I actually thought of Panzer Dragon >_>'''

I'm probably going to play Simpsons, Matchstick Puzzle and Dragon Tamer... of course, AFTER I finish with Megaman ZX Advent, which is going to delay me a lot [​IMG]

16. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Oh my god! Dementium: The Ward! I've been waiting for that for ages and it's finally coming! [​IMG]

17. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    According to the video they're using some sort of compression codec, and that nothing is left out. [​IMG]

Looking at screens from the DS and PC versions, they look about the same albeit different resolutions.

18. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Wait a second !! Runaway 2, is coming to DS ???? How come I've never heard of this ? This is gotta be a joke !! A VERY BAD ONE, I SAY !!!

19. StingX

Member StingX Hates Technology

United States
    Yea this a terrible week, and yuck at dementium.

As for simpsons games, the graphics are terrible but the focus the developers used was gameplay and thats all that matters hadrian [​IMG]

Ankh looks great O_O

and XFD at lifesigns delay, thats...what the 12th or 11th delay?

20. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Let's see, the ones that look interesting to me....

I like racing, so I'll check out the Cars game.

Simpsons might be a nice diversion.

Dementium - Even though I don't really like FPS games, I DO like Silent Hill. Since this looks a lot like a Silent Hill type of game, I'm in.

Runaway looks like it might be fun.

The Tank game possibly...

That Boogie game looks trippy.

All in all, it seems to be a nice week for releases.