NDS-GBA iPlayer GBA emulator v1.0 released

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
noppi said:
I had already wrote the following, but have'nt receive an answer. Can anyone help ?

The emulator won't work on my DS lite. Have copied the PLUGIN directory to _SYSTEM and overwrite the existing one. When have started a GBA-Programm, the emulator says: The NDSGBA emulator needs the support of the NDSGBA file system, please ensure it lie in the root directory of SD card. Can anyone tell me, what's wrong ?

OMG can you fucking read!?
This is for IPLAYER! IPLAYER only works for DSI (geez, what's in the name?)
So this will not work on your crappy ds lite, no matter what you do with your flashcart!

LOL! You are also an idiot. It works fine on old DSs and DS Lites. The DS doesn't even do any of the work, it's all the onboard CPU of the iPlayer. Do a little reading before insulting others, hm?

http://www.dsiplayer.com/faq.html

DSiPlayer.com FAQs
Q:What console does iPlayer support?

A:NDS, NDSL, NDSi.

OMG can you fucking read?

Names are not everything.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Demonbart said:
OMG can you fucking read!?
This is for IPLAYER! IPLAYER only works for DSI (geez, what's in the name?)
So this will not work on your crappy ds lite, no matter what you do with your flashcart!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NO.

rolleyes.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
edge199715 said:
I hope the Iplayer team doesn't block it because they didn't want their carts to run roms.
Riiiight. Sure they don't. [/sarcasm]

Have you any idea how much this is going to boost their sales? One more homebrew that uses the iPlayer and I'm buying it that instant. I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere already, but just think of the homebrew the extra processor will make possible! We might even get a working web browser!

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The intention of not allowing ROMs to be loaded was so it could get into retail stores and what not and hopefully not get blocked by Nintendo's firmware updates, but Nintendo just did a full sweep of all the (then) known exploits so iPlayer got blocked with them. Nintendo has made it clear they don't want ANY unofficial cartridges running so not adding ROM support is just plain a bad business move at this point. It would be trivial to add and (based on Nintendo's very clear intentions) will have no extra negative effect on the sales of the cart. It will most certainly boost sales and, if they release a proper SDK, it will get an even larger boost.

They have on their hands a device that could change slot1 flash carts for a long time. A chance to make an ideal slot1 solution for everything of which one could think. This thing could be huge IF the parent company gives it that chance. I know I am buying one ASAP and, if it gets better homebrew support or ROM loading, I know there are many other people here who will also be buying one.

PS: @ Junkerman_32: I believe I speak for everyone here when I ask you to stop with your ignorant dribble. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and seem to have some sort of blatant prejudice against the iPlayer. This is a huge development for the homebrew community more than anything and if you can't see that then I feel very sorry for you. Enjoy your PSP.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
big DEVELOPMENT... who cares. i hate piracy......even on the psp! i hope all this gets taken down and the developer gets taken down by nintendo, so does iplayer, allowing this shit to happen.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
big DEVELOPMENT... who cares. i hate piracy......even on the psp! i hope all this gets taken down and the developer gets taken down by nintendo, so does iplayer, allowing this shit to happen.
What the heck? You shouldn't be here!

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:

You are a sad, strange little man. I can see the issue you have with piracy but you aren't looking at the big picture. This is a Proof of Concept that the onboard CPU of the iPlayer can be used for homebrew. This opens the doors for better more useful homebrew. If you can't get past some silly prejudice for the good of our entire community then you truly do not belong here. Grow up or shut up.

EDIT: And you people who said he shouldn't be here because he's against piracy really have to shut your mouths also. We are not devoted to piracy here. If that's what you think then you don't belong here anymore than junker_man32.

Darrien14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote]

You are a sad, strange little man. I can see the issue you have with piracy but you aren't looking at the big picture. This is a Proof of Concept that the onboard CPU of the iPlayer can be used for homebrew. This opens the doors for better more useful homebrew. If you can't get past some silly prejudice for the good of our entire community then you truly do not belong here. Grow up or shut up.

EDIT: And you people who said he shouldn't be here because he's against piracy really have to shut your mouths also. We are not devoted to piracy here. If that's what you think then you don't belong here anymore than junker_man32.
[/quote]

hey nice toy story refrence!!

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
works well with 8-16mbs of GBA roms. speed is almost perfect. speedup function works well too.

tried Kingdom Hearts CoM, hangs on the opening movie, just like the gPSP for the PSP.

save state and load state work well too.

i cannot wait for updates!

(finally have a reason to own an iplayer, i thought it was useless when i got it.)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
altorn said:
works well with 8-16mbs of GBA roms. speed is almost perfect. speedup function works well too.

tried Kingdom Hearts CoM, hangs on the opening movie, just like the gPSP for the PSP.

save state and load state work well too.

i cannot wait for updates!

(finally have a reason to own an iplayer, i thought it was useless when i got it.)

I've suggested this for Mother before and got no response, so I will suggest it here. What happens if you get past there in another emulator, then load the save file into this emulator? Does it run well then? Or is it still unplayable?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
junker_man32 said:

You don't necessarily support piracy if you play ROMs on your DS... I'm against piracy, but I'm also against carrying dozens and dozens of GB/GBC/GBA/DS game paks (I have well over 200 from all 4 of those handhelds combined) around with me everywhere I take my DS. If you don't mind carrying around craploads of games with you, or you tend to play only 1 or 2 games for a stretch before switching, you're entitled to play them however you want. The ability flash carts give me to carry around as many ROMs as I can fit on a microSD just makes me buy even more crap from Nintendo.

But seriously dude, your post just comes off as completely arrogant and over-the-top stupid. Great, you hate piracy; so do a lot of us. Nobody cares.

D

Deleted_171835

TM2-Megatron said:
junker_man32 said:

You don't necessarily support piracy if you play ROMs on your DS... I'm against piracy, but I'm also against carrying dozens and dozens of GB/GBC/GBA/DS game paks (I have well over 200 from all 4 of those handhelds combined) around with me everywhere I take my DS. If you don't mind carrying around craploads of games with you, or you tend to play only 1 or 2 games for a stretch before switching, you're entitled to play them however you want. The ability flash carts give me to carry around as many ROMs as I can fit on a microSD just makes me buy even more crap from Nintendo.

But seriously dude, your post just comes off as completely arrogant and over-the-top stupid. Great, you hate piracy; so do a lot of us. Nobody cares.

Why the hell are you on GBAtemp if you hate pirating (junker_man32 )? One look at the forums and you can tell that there is a lot of piraters (including me
biggrin.gif
).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Revolutionize said:
Why the hell are you on GBAtemp if you hate pirating (junker_man32 )? One look at the forums and you can tell that there is a lot of piraters (including me
biggrin.gif
).
I'm gonna say "homebrew."

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought this was a place to share about gaming, not piracy, fuck gba-temp. where have all the good times gone. i hope this guy gets sued and this shit stops. u might as well ban me, gbatemp is shit now, damn kids and their "hacking".

Posts merged

i thought this was a place to share about gaming, not piracy, fuck gba-temp. where have all the good times gone. i hope this guy gets sued and this shit stops. u might as well ban me, gbatemp is shit now, damn kids and their "hacking".

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. You're ignorance has no limits, does it? It's just plain pathetic that you can't see how this benefits everyone and not just pirates. You can't get past some bullshit prejudice you have to see this is for the greater good. Just a bigot on a useless crusade. How unfortunate for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.