Hacking NDS games on psp?

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of trading my ds to get some more money(credit) and get a psp.THing is i wanna play new releases of games.I saw alot on youtube but you cant trust utube anymore .I dont need the touch screen .

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tom10122 said:
I'm thinking of trading my ds to get some more money(credit) and get a psp.THing is i wanna play new releases of games.I saw alot on youtube but you cant trust utube anymore .I dont need the touch screen .
There is a emulator, but your better of keeping your ds.

The emulator is not that good, and you'll you won't be able to play new games on it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, there is a NDS emulator for the PSP, but I doubt it works well enough to enjoy a game.

Also, are you sure you want a PSP? If you researched it, and you're sure about it, then go for it, but I don't see why you would want to get one this late in the game (Or one at all).

Edit:

Using an NDS emulator on a PC would probably work a lot better, but you might as well just keep your DS and raise money some other way.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
As far as I know, there is a NDS emulator for the PSP, but I doubt it works well enough to enjoy a game.

Also, are you sure you want a PSP? If you researched it, and you're sure about it, then go for it, but I don't see why you would want to get one this late in the game (Or one at all).
Well i was planning on getting a psp now then get a 3ds for my birthday in may but i would like to play some nds games in the meantime

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're planning on getting a 3DS in May, then you might want to get the PSP after all. They're right - the NDS emulator for the PSP won't run DS games at full speed, and I'm not sure if it'll run the newer games at all. That being said, if you want to play older games that don't need fullspeed and the touch screen (Puzzle games like the Might and Magic Heroes game, for example), then you might be good. The PSP has a bunch of interesting titles (not as many as the DS in my own personal opinion, but definitely ones worth picking up the console for), so you might want to do the trade in now, play the PSP games, and look back into the DS games when you purchase the 3DS.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tom10122 said:
awssk8er said:

Well i was planning on getting a psp now then get a 3ds for my birthday in may but i would like to play some nds games in the meantime
A little off topic but:

Just making sure. I don't want you and selling your DS, getting a PSP, then completely regretting it.

Recently, I ran out of DS games to play, and I found my PSP 1000 like two days ago and was excited because it could entertain me until the 3DS comes out. When I found it, it was already hacked, and there seriously aren't are games that I want to play...

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
If you're planning on getting a 3DS in May, then you might want to get the PSP after all. They're right - the NDS emulator for the PSP won't run DS games at full speed, and I'm not sure if it'll run the newer games at all. That being said, if you want to play older games that don't need fullspeed and the touch screen (Puzzle games like the Might and Magic Heroes game, for example), then you might be good. The PSP has a bunch of interesting titles (not as many as the DS in my own personal opinion, but definitely ones worth picking up the console for), so you might want to do the trade in now, play the PSP games, and look back into the DS games when you purchase the 3DS.
yea thats what i was thinking i was hoping to play nds gmaes on psp better but still.....has anyone heard of a flashccart for 3ds(sorry havent been keeping uptodate much at all now)

D

Deleted User

Use no$gba or DSmuMe to emulate DS games on your computer. The DS emulator for the PSP is INFANTILE at best, it has absolutely no chance of running commercial games. No$gba tends to work better on less powerful PC's wheras DSmuMe (or however you bloody spell it, works better with more powerful PC's).

Just put the CFW on the PSP and re-live the classic games from the SNES era, the PSP has some of the best SNES emulation of all handheld devices. Way better than the DS's embarrassing SneMulDS. If I remember correctly Tactics Ogre got a remake for PSP recently as well (and an A+ review from 1up).

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Use a DS emulator on your PC and every other emulator you want on your PSP.
ok thanks is it hard to install a cfw? wat i mean is there a current cfw that works on the new ofw ?I know there isnt one for the 3.56 ps3 yet

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, you're a lucky kid....PSP now, 3DS on your birthday in May...I have to wait until my may birthday just for my dad to ALLOW me to use my OWN money to buy myself an old PSP 2000!

Anyway, ya. DS on PSP is really just a tech demo.

The emulators on PSP that are worthless for playability are:

nullDC PSP (sloooooooooooooooow)
Yabause PSP (slooooooooooooooow)
Virtual Boy - red dragon PSP (the coder kept his source closed and didn't code any input support so nobody knows how well it actually runs -_-)

everything else is pretty pwn as far as emulation. DaedalusX64 is actively worked on and surprisingly runs well for the limited hardware it's on, and any lower systems run flawlessly, save for a few FX chips in the SNES.

As far as PSP games go, there is a LOT to like. You just have to look a little harder.

Let's jus put it this way tho: if you owned a ps2, you WILL like some of the psp's selection of games, as many are PS2 ports *cough*Persona 3 Portable*cough* or at PS2 quality *cough*Daxter*cough*. There's also the two original flagship psp franchises with 3 games apiece: locoroco (1, 2, midnight carnival) and patapon (1, 2, 3 coming in march)

You'll find something to like.

Oh, btw, it might be a good idea to get a stronger battery for it if you don't have it constantly in the wall. The life IS as low as they say it is.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Damn, you're a lucky kid....PSP now, 3DS on your birthday in May...I have to wait until my may birthday just for my dad to ALLOW me to use my OWN money to buy myself an old PSP 2000!

Virtual Boy - red dragon PSP (the coder kept his source closed and didn't code any input support so nobody knows how well it actually runs -_-)

everything else is pretty pwn as far as emulation. DaedalusX64 is actively worked on and surprisingly runs well for the limited hardware it's on, and any lower systems run flawlessly, save for a few FX chips in the SNES.

As far as PSP games go, there is a LOT to like. You just have to look a little harder.

Let's jus put it this way tho: if you owned a ps2, you WILL like some of the psp's selection of games, as many are PS2 ports *cough*Persona 3 Portable*cough* or at PS2 quality *cough*Daxter*cough*. There's also the two original flagship psp franchises with 3 games apiece: locoroco (1, 2, midnight carnival) and patapon (1, 2, 3 coming in march)

Oh, btw, it might be a good idea to get a stronger battery for it if you don't have it constantly in the wall. The life IS as low as they say it is.
thanks i was looking at renegade squadron for 5 bux ,is it any good?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tom10122 said:
personuser said:

thanks i was looking at renegade squadron for 5 bux ,is it any good?

8.0/10 on gamespot, looks good to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs