NDS Games Expected 19th to 23rd November

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Though there are still a couple of big titles for this week, it does look like its starting to slow down a little though so we'll finally get a chance to get through our backlog of titles.

November 19th

Mario Party DS

Region: US Genre: Mini game-me-do
    Developer: Hudson Soft Publisher: Nintendo

The N64 games were alright but this series has never been great for me, fun in multiplayer though. Looks pretty much like the N64 games but with stylus control themed games. There is no wi-fi on this though which is a really stupid thing as thats the first thing we thought of when we heard about the DS game. Yeah yeah I copy and pasted what I wrote up...wanna fight about it?

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

November 20th

Clue / Mouse Trap / Perfection / Aggravation

Region: US Genre: Board game-me-do
    Developer: Gravity I Publisher: DSI

Sigh another load of board games for the DS from that horrid company DSI. The games you get are well look in the damn title it'll tell you! Expect the same shoddy production values as the other titles. Yawn. No screens.

Corvette Evolution

Region: US Genre: Race-me-do
    Developer: Jack of All Games Publisher: Jack of All Games

The people behind this actually use to make games for DSI! Which really bodes well for this latest racing release, what also bodes well is that they've not released any footage or pictures! Wow they must really be proud of this title!

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Region: US Genre: SRPG-me-do
    Developer: Think and Feel/SE Publisher: Square Enix

The 3rd DS FF based game in a year, milking it a bit aren't they? Well from what I've played of the Japanese title it seemed pretty good, so at least its not terrible. A sequel to FFXII on the PS2, Revenant Wings tells the story of Vaan and Panelo, two of the main characters from FFXII. Together they travel around Ivalice searching for adventure, and eventually finding it on the floating continant of Lumeres. Featuring full Touch Screen functionality, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings allows players to control massive armies, unleash special moves and activate Gambits, all with the use of the stylus. The world of Ivalice comes alive through the respected musical stylings of Hitoshi Sakimoto and the direction of Motomu Toriyama, the director of Final Fantasy X-2 and the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII. I guess we can expect many threads from people impatient to wait asking "where is it, where is it OMG its never coming etc".

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash

Region: US Genre: SRPG-me-do
    Developer: Santa Cruz Publisher: Atari

Looks kinda crappy don't you think? If the developers had any sense, this would be more like the awesome Amiga game Walker, Smash Bros or like a awesome Capcom arcade scroller. Instead it looks like a sidescrolling shooter but one that looks a bit meh. Anyway this will have multiplayer but download play onlyOh yeah the developers last game was apparently Superman Returns DS...oooh not looking forward to this!

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

November 22nd

John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland

Region: US Genre: Farm-me-do
    Developer: Black Lantern Studios Publisher: Destineer

I'm not too sure about this, the developers were behind such awful games as Balls of Fury (rated as the worst Wii game ever!) & Elf Bowling. Unlike Harvest Moon, John Deere allows you to completely make the farm your own. You place buildings where you want them, and you can knock down buildings or put in new structures depending on the type of crops or livestock that you wish to concentrate on. This being a John Deere game there are tillers and big tractors that players can drive and operate. This modern element helps make the game unique, and as your farm grows in size and profit, it also grows in technology -- for instance, at first you will have to be out there watering crops the old-fashioned way, but as you start to make profit, you can put in irrigation sprinklers to save you time. The harder you work with your hands the quicker you can get these machines. Also you have to keep your buildings in order otherwise they'll just fall down. Most of the hand work is done by touch screen (which seems to be standard nowadays) and you can visit another player's farm via a local wireless connection. They can also wander about your farm and see how you're running things, and as a bonus for having a friend over, you will earn a special postcard from your friend after their visit. Which sounds nice, lets hope it doesn't suck as like their other games.

[​IMG]

Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi

Region: Japan Genre: RPG-me-do
    Developer: ArtePiazza Publisher: Square Enix

Febuary 1990, Japan. Huge queues of of gamers, desperate to get the hottest new NES RPG home. The game sold out very quickly, 1.3 million were sold on the first day alone! There were reports of violence as fans desperately tried to get their hand on a copy, some even mugged other gamers just to get it! Fast forward 17 years and a beautiful looking remake appears on the DS. To be honest it looks like a port of the PSX version, split into five chapters with different playable characters, it features battles spread across both screens of the DS, the ability to rotate the camera to see more of your environment and updated graphics. Should do extremely well in Japan, and like the FF series SE are milking this one dry. We already have 2 DQ themed games over here, DQ V & DQ VI also being remade for release in Japan next year and of course the awesome looking NEW game Dragon Quest IX is also due for 2008. I think its time to buy shares in Square Enix.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Dinosaur / Berserk x Shinobi

Region: Japan Genre: Milking franchise to death-me-do
    Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom

Sorry but the last game was shit. Should be about the same, dunno when English version is out...don't care because Capcom should just do PROPER Megaman/Rockman games and not these lame arse RPG/ZX titles.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out that I can't be bothered to write up or in some cases even look up:
    Sankei Sports Kanshuu: Wi-Fi Baken Yosou Ryoku Training: Umania 2007 Nendo-ban
    1500Spirits Trump, Chess, Darts, 2 Ninuchi Mahjong
    Chou Kantan Boki Nyuumon DS
    Jushin Enbu
    Kouenji Joshi Soccer 2: Koi wa Nebagiba Kouenji
    Nazotte Oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu Kanzen-ban
    Nounai Aesthe: IQ Suppli DS 2: Sukkiri King Ketteisen
    Unou Ikusei: IQ Breeder
    Wantame Music Channel: Doko Demo Style
    Yomesou de Yomenai Kanji DS

November 23rd

Boulder Dash: ROCKS!

Region: US Genre: Puzzle-me-do
    Developer: 10tacle Studios Publisher: 10tacle Studios

A bastardise "reimaging" of the Boulder Dash series. Players have to collect a certain number of diamonds while avoiding falling objects, traps and besting enemies in order to open and discover the exit, before time runs out. There are a number of helpful tools made available to players such as bombs or laser guns which can be loaded with different types of ammunition. These lasers provide the player with different temporary powers, such as the ability to freeze enemies, destroy boulders and even pull diamonds and other distant objects towards the player.Single-player mode, Boulder Dash -- Rocks! offers a multi-player mode as well as three additional game modes for a total of five play modes. I hope its good, the PSP vid looks good and it looks to be about the same game, its just a shame they took out Rockford. :'(

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out on this day but look shit or the makers couldn't be arsed to show pics from are:
    Ferrari Challenge
    Jackass: The Game
    Yamaha Supercross

As usual these dates could change, they could just be shipping dates too so don't frigging winge about a game not being dumped, if you want it so bad buy it.

2. Hit

Member Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    English mario party [​IMG]
    Can't wait!

3. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Thanks hadrian, looking forward to FFXII and Rockman 2, not to mention Mario Party! Rest are....meh.

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    FFXII and Mario Party.. not much good releases this week.. what is good cause I still have a lot of games to finish XP

5. pas

pas Newbie

What ? Megaman was crap ? Meh. I liked all Battlenetwork ones, starforce brought some fresh wind in and starforce 2 will (finally) support wifi battles. Maybe I'm too old for this game, but I somehow like em, one of my fav. ninty handheld games.

6. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    If RW was a proper RPG, I would be all over it...

7. Lupigen

Newcomer Lupigen Advanced Member

United States
    Real *yawn* releases for this week, only FFXII looks interesting enough to play. At least we'll still have Mass Effect for the 360 and NGBC for the PS2 (Assuming it doesn't get delayed) releasing this week.

8. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Awesome, Dragon Quest that is actually Dragon Quest at it's roots.

9. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    Now that's how Final Fantasy Tactics for DS whould have been... enough of that childbook crap [​IMG]
    Also waiting for Mario Party, specially after that screen with a Panepon lookalike.

Oh btw, Ryuusei no Rockman is crap, but I find the ZX series pretty good imo.

10. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    The Godzilla game looks like it was made in MS Paint.

11. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Looking forward to FFXII, I'll probably get the english Mario Party aswell since I've been enjoying the Japanese version.

12. skarthebloodchild

Member skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    thanks man for the news.
    ff12 rw and boulder dash (one of my first games on game boy).
    i will try mario party ds but i don't expect much.
    godzilla looks awful but it could be fun.

13. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    thanks hadrian. really appreciate these threads.

might have to try FF. not a fan but this version looks like fun

14. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just for everyone's info, that Godzilla screenshot is from a pre alpha version of the game IGN previewed. That's when I saw it posted.

15. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    What have they done to my precious Boulder Dash!

*jumpman17 runs to corner and cries.

16. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Well, Mario Party DS will probably end up being like MKDS for me -- a game I always keep on my card for when the mood strikes. Revenant Wings I'll try "just `cause." But I will probably jump right into DQIV even though I won't understand a word. But heck, DQ just has the old-school RPG formula I love, and if they serenade me with the traditional themes of the franchise, I'll be in RPG heaven. [​IMG]

17. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yup I know but look at another image:

[​IMG]

Oh look it still looks like crap...who cares exactly?

18. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    godzilla is kind of lol.

I checked out provided link to description of yamaha supercross, and the story actually sounds interesting/funny

19. jacksonbrown

Newcomer jacksonbrown Newbie

John Deere, more like SimFarm. [​IMG] I'm looking forward to this one. [​IMG]

20. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Starforce 2 for the president !