Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though there are still a couple of big titles for this week, it does look like its starting to slow down a little though so we'll finally get a chance to get through our backlog of titles.

November 19th

Mario Party DS

Region: US Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: Hudson Soft Publisher: Nintendo

The N64 games were alright but this series has never been great for me, fun in multiplayer though. Looks pretty much like the N64 games but with stylus control themed games. There is no wi-fi on this though which is a really stupid thing as thats the first thing we thought of when we heard about the DS game. Yeah yeah I copy and pasted what I wrote up...wanna fight about it?

Video Link

ME0000890941_2.jpg
ME0000890935_2.jpg
ME0000890936_2.jpg

November 20th

Clue / Mouse Trap / Perfection / Aggravation

Region: US Genre: Board game-me-do
Developer: Gravity I Publisher: DSI

Sigh another load of board games for the DS from that horrid company DSI. The games you get are well look in the damn title it'll tell you! Expect the same shoddy production values as the other titles. Yawn. No screens.

Corvette Evolution

Region: US Genre: Race-me-do
Developer: Jack of All Games Publisher: Jack of All Games

The people behind this actually use to make games for DSI! Which really bodes well for this latest racing release, what also bodes well is that they've not released any footage or pictures! Wow they must really be proud of this title!

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Region: US Genre: SRPG-me-do
Developer: Think and Feel/SE Publisher: Square Enix

The 3rd DS FF based game in a year, milking it a bit aren't they? Well from what I've played of the Japanese title it seemed pretty good, so at least its not terrible. A sequel to FFXII on the PS2, Revenant Wings tells the story of Vaan and Panelo, two of the main characters from FFXII. Together they travel around Ivalice searching for adventure, and eventually finding it on the floating continant of Lumeres. Featuring full Touch Screen functionality, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings allows players to control massive armies, unleash special moves and activate Gambits, all with the use of the stylus. The world of Ivalice comes alive through the respected musical stylings of Hitoshi Sakimoto and the direction of Motomu Toriyama, the director of Final Fantasy X-2 and the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII. I guess we can expect many threads from people impatient to wait asking "where is it, where is it OMG its never coming etc".

Video Link

ME0000880796_2.jpg
ME0000880799_2.jpg
ME0000880801_2.jpg

Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash

Region: US Genre: SRPG-me-do
Developer: Santa Cruz Publisher: Atari

Looks kinda crappy don't you think? If the developers had any sense, this would be more like the awesome Amiga game Walker, Smash Bros or like a awesome Capcom arcade scroller. Instead it looks like a sidescrolling shooter but one that looks a bit meh. Anyway this will have multiplayer but download play onlyOh yeah the developers last game was apparently Superman Returns DS...oooh not looking forward to this!

Video Link

ME0000812127_2.jpg
ME0000812126_2.jpg

November 22nd

John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland

Region: US Genre: Farm-me-do
Developer: Black Lantern Studios Publisher: Destineer

I'm not too sure about this, the developers were behind such awful games as Balls of Fury (rated as the worst Wii game ever!) & Elf Bowling. Unlike Harvest Moon, John Deere allows you to completely make the farm your own. You place buildings where you want them, and you can knock down buildings or put in new structures depending on the type of crops or livestock that you wish to concentrate on. This being a John Deere game there are tillers and big tractors that players can drive and operate. This modern element helps make the game unique, and as your farm grows in size and profit, it also grows in technology -- for instance, at first you will have to be out there watering crops the old-fashioned way, but as you start to make profit, you can put in irrigation sprinklers to save you time. The harder you work with your hands the quicker you can get these machines. Also you have to keep your buildings in order otherwise they'll just fall down. Most of the hand work is done by touch screen (which seems to be standard nowadays) and you can visit another player's farm via a local wireless connection. They can also wander about your farm and see how you're running things, and as a bonus for having a friend over, you will earn a special postcard from your friend after their visit. Which sounds nice, lets hope it doesn't suck as like their other games.

JohnDeere-sidebyside_1188269742.jpg

Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi

Region: Japan Genre: RPG-me-do
Developer: ArtePiazza Publisher: Square Enix

Febuary 1990, Japan. Huge queues of of gamers, desperate to get the hottest new NES RPG home. The game sold out very quickly, 1.3 million were sold on the first day alone! There were reports of violence as fans desperately tried to get their hand on a copy, some even mugged other gamers just to get it! Fast forward 17 years and a beautiful looking remake appears on the DS. To be honest it looks like a port of the PSX version, split into five chapters with different playable characters, it features battles spread across both screens of the DS, the ability to rotate the camera to see more of your environment and updated graphics. Should do extremely well in Japan, and like the FF series SE are milking this one dry. We already have 2 DQ themed games over here, DQ V & DQ VI also being remade for release in Japan next year and of course the awesome looking NEW game Dragon Quest IX is also due for 2008. I think its time to buy shares in Square Enix.

ME0000870053_2.jpg
ME0000887383_2.jpg
ME0000861343_2.jpg

Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Dinosaur / Berserk x Shinobi

Region: Japan Genre: Milking franchise to death-me-do
Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom

Sorry but the last game was shit. Should be about the same, dunno when English version is out...don't care because Capcom should just do PROPER Megaman/Rockman games and not these lame arse RPG/ZX titles.

ME0000881920_2.jpg
ME0000854131_2.jpg
ME0000854130_2.jpg

Also out that I can't be bothered to write up or in some cases even look up:
Sankei Sports Kanshuu: Wi-Fi Baken Yosou Ryoku Training: Umania 2007 Nendo-ban
1500Spirits Trump, Chess, Darts, 2 Ninuchi Mahjong
Chou Kantan Boki Nyuumon DS
Jushin Enbu
Kouenji Joshi Soccer 2: Koi wa Nebagiba Kouenji
Nazotte Oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu Kanzen-ban
Nounai Aesthe: IQ Suppli DS 2: Sukkiri King Ketteisen
Unou Ikusei: IQ Breeder
Wantame Music Channel: Doko Demo Style
Yomesou de Yomenai Kanji DS

November 23rd

Boulder Dash: ROCKS!

Region: US Genre: Puzzle-me-do
Developer: 10tacle Studios Publisher: 10tacle Studios

A bastardise "reimaging" of the Boulder Dash series. Players have to collect a certain number of diamonds while avoiding falling objects, traps and besting enemies in order to open and discover the exit, before time runs out. There are a number of helpful tools made available to players such as bombs or laser guns which can be loaded with different types of ammunition. These lasers provide the player with different temporary powers, such as the ability to freeze enemies, destroy boulders and even pull diamonds and other distant objects towards the player.Single-player mode, Boulder Dash -- Rocks! offers a multi-player mode as well as three additional game modes for a total of five play modes. I hope its good, the PSP vid looks good and it looks to be about the same game, its just a shame they took out Rockford. :'(

ME0000883130_2.jpg
ME0000883109_2.jpg
ME0000883113_2.jpg

Also out on this day but look shit or the makers couldn't be arsed to show pics from are:
Ferrari Challenge
Jackass: The Game
Yamaha Supercross

As usual these dates could change, they could just be shipping dates too so don't frigging winge about a game not being dumped, if you want it so bad buy it.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks hadrian, looking forward to FFXII and Rockman 2, not to mention Mario Party! Rest are....meh.

P

pas

What ? Megaman was crap ? Meh. I liked all Battlenetwork ones, starforce brought some fresh wind in and starforce 2 will (finally) support wifi battles. Maybe I'm too old for this game, but I somehow like em, one of my fav. ninty handheld games.

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Real *yawn* releases for this week, only FFXII looks interesting enough to play. At least we'll still have Mass Effect for the 360 and NGBC for the PS2 (Assuming it doesn't get delayed) releasing this week.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Now that's how Final Fantasy Tactics for DS whould have been... enough of that childbook crap
hate2.gif

Also waiting for Mario Party, specially after that screen with a Panepon lookalike.

Oh btw, Ryuusei no Rockman is crap, but I find the ZX series pretty good imo.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks man for the news.
ff12 rw and boulder dash (one of my first games on game boy).
i will try mario party ds but i don't expect much.
godzilla looks awful but it could be fun.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Mario Party DS will probably end up being like MKDS for me -- a game I always keep on my card for when the mood strikes. Revenant Wings I'll try "just `cause." But I will probably jump right into DQIV even though I won't understand a word. But heck, DQ just has the old-school RPG formula I love, and if they serenade me with the traditional themes of the franchise, I'll be in RPG heaven.
wub.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
godzilla is kind of lol.

I checked out provided link to description of yamaha supercross, and the story actually sounds interesting/funny

QUOTE said:
You are the promising younger brother of one of the biggest names in Supercross. He was hospitalized in the final race of the World Championships in an obviously intentional move by the lead rider of Team Nemeshisu, the toughest team to beat and the dirtiest riders in the world of Supercross. You must work up through the championships by winning each race, to finally meet the man that injured your brother in the World Championships, and avenge him by becoming World Champion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.