NDS Games Due 7th August to 10th 2007

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Aug 3, 2007.

Aug 3, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well I said I'll return to do this and I have, I actually wrote this up on Sunday so that all I had to do was copy and paste but sadly a few games have been pushed back so I had to re-edit it, one of those games was Worms Open Warfare 2! Pushed back until September, but it could come out in Europe on the 31st August so not that long to wait. So with no further ado heres whats out...

August 7th

Mega Man Star Force US Genre: Action RPG-Me-do

Ok I could go on about how Capcom have really lost their way with their Mega Man franchise but what would be the use? Anyway Capcom are trying to really rip off the die hard fans as this comes in three flavours; Dragon, Leo & Pegasus. The differences? Not a lot and it looks quite similat to the previous games of this type, so I guess those who love those games would love it. Worth a try I guess. Famitsu rated the games 32/40 and Capcom are already readying sequels for later this year (Shinobi, Dinosaur & Berserk).

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GC4ZkYpA0ps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

August 9th

Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber Japan Genre: Puzzle Climb-me-do

To be honest I've only recently started to enjoy King of Swing on the GBA though the later levels were hella hard for me, anyway this game has been a long time coming and is finally coming out. Theres a change in graphical presentation with the design being crossed between the last game and Donkey Kong Country. Gameplay wise its more of the same but the levels are much larger due to the action being spread across two screens. Choose between Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong or Funky Kong to get the grips (literally) to the new moves, mini games and challenges in this sequel. Theres also single cart and multi cart multiplayer modes. Its been said that this game will ease you in a lot better than the last. Looking at the trailer it does look like its a bigger and more varied game.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=B0Jaumu7_lE

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I Love Dolphin Japan Genre: Dolphin Sim-me-do

The animal sim craze continues with YET another title, this time you look after a dolphin.

SD Gundam G Generation: Cross Drive Japan Genre: Strat RPG-me-do

A grid-based strategy game with over 120 stage, SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive allows players control through the stylus, allowing them to quickly edit their units, select movements, and zoom in and out of the battle map. The game also includes a mech editor, where players use parts that they've gathered from their enemies to create new, powerful Mobile Suits.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters GX Card Almanac Japan Genre: Card Library-me-do

Not a game but a sort of pokedex, its just a library of Duel Monster cards with a lifepoint calculator.

[​IMG]

Itsuwari no Rinbukyoku
    Japan Genre: Start-RPG-me-do

One problem with doing this thing each week is seeing the games that I like the look of but probably won't see an English version of (I need to learn some Japanese!) this is another one of those game. Kinda like Fire Emblem (which Nintendo have no plans of bringing it to the DS) but this title has a unique take on battles called the Route Maneuver System. Instead of moving your characters on a grid you draw a path for each character to move with the stylus. If your character walks into an allied unit he/she will heal or boost them. However, if you run into an enemy unit an animated battle begins. While some of your units are actively participating in battle other units in your army can be assigned to raise war funds and train to increase their strength. Sounds good to me, lets hope Atlus or someone would pick this up for us big eyed goons!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out are:
    1500ds Spirits Vol 1-5 (5 different titles; Majong, Shogi, Block Kuzushi, Reversi & Hanafuda)
    Akagi Ds
    Eijukugo Target 1000 DS Eijukugo Target 100DS (Middle School Volcabulary)
    Eitango Target 1900 DS II (English Volcabulary)
    Minagara Oreru DS Origami
    Machi no Pet-Ya-San DS
    It's tehodoki! Hannya Shingyou Nyuumon
    Simple 1500 Series Vol. 20: The Senkan
    Won! Tertainment Fortune Channel

August 10th

Top Trumps: Dogs & Dinosaurs & Top Trumps: Horror & Predators Europe Genre: Card battle-me-do

Two card battlers that follow the tried-and-tested Top Trumps play pattern combining luck, strategy and subject knowledge that has engrossed children the world over since the '70s. Apparantly Top Trumps is crap I dunno. There is another title out this year based on Doctor Who. I'd rather have a proper Doctor Who game rather than something like this but thats the way life is sadly. Can't find any DS specific screens, but then do you really want them?

Powershot Pinball Constructor Europe Genre: Pinball-me-do (Literally!)

Like Snakes on a Plane, it does exactly what it says on the tin! Design and create pinball tables or just play pinball. You can also share your tables via wi-fi. I was looking forward to this but I get the feeling that it won't be very good.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nWu_DFQXY48

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And thats basically it! I'd like to give Donkey Kong a play though the US release is not far behind it. Sadly I can't say I'm all that fussed about the selection of games available but next week there are some doozys to get stuck into; Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, Operation Vietnam, Heroes of Mana, Luminous Arc, Fullmetal Alchemist: Trading Card Game (which is getting some good previews) and Madden NFL '08 for those who like those sort of games. Theres also a Japanese title from Sega called "Onsei Kanjou Sokuteiki: Kokoro Scan" that basically...looks quite mental.

Oh yeah some of these games on the list may not appear next week, dates change all the time some get pushed back others may get brought forward. I may not be able to keep coming back to the thread to update on whether dates have changed or not. Some titles may not even get dumped in the week, sometimes they take a few days sometimes a few weeks so even though they are in the stores don't always expect it to be on the net! Please don't whinge and moan about that, ROM's are free if you have a problem then YOU buy the games and dump them.

See you next Friday, have fun and don't go through my stuff! [​IMG]

2. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

cant wait for DK. Might try Megaman and that power pinball they look good.

3. calvin_0

Member calvin_0 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    from what i see, the Rockman is just like power rangers...

4. CSD

Member CSD GBAtemp Regular

United States

Same here, except I'll probably give the dolphin game try.

5. Boldy

Newcomer Boldy Member

United Kingdom
    Finally they are releasing a true DS version of the Battle Network series of Megaman ... but with it being the Battle Series and without Megaman. Can't see it being that good myself.

6. Dead Ghost

Member Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Where the hell is Worms: Open Warfare 2 ???

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Its been pushed back in the US, September 4th but its out in Europe on 31st August.

8. ambitous21

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    megaman starforce looks good, however without playing it in action, i don't know if i'll like it or not.
    but anyways, it's gonna be the next nds game i play!

9. snesmaster40

Member snesmaster40 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Whoo hoo SD Gundam G Generation: Cross Drive!

10. kernelPANIC

Member kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Akagi DS??? The same Akagi that has an anime show featuring crazy Mahjong gambles (and by crazy, I mean awesome)??

11. NiGHtS

Member NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm waiting for Star Force this week. [​IMG]

12. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    The Star Force video looks awesome, I have Pegasus (J) in my R4 and it's quite good.

13. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    itsuwari no rinbukyoku looks so good damn the language barrier [​IMG]

14. ZzzZilla

Member ZzzZilla GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Next week's releases sound like a dream come true; Rune Factory, Luminous Arc, FMA and Mana....

Why do I have to go back to school AT THE SAME TIME?!?!

15. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
  16. StingX

Member StingX Hates Technology

United States
    I'll rip you apart hadrian if you keep insulting star force 8)

king of swing do want but in english >_>

17. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    It looks boring like the other games [​IMG]