NDS Game - similar to Shining Soul (GBA)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ElementalityDE, Mar 22, 2009.

Mar 22, 2009
  1. ElementalityDE
    OP

Newcomer ElementalityDE Member

Germany
    Hey guys,
    i'm looking for a game, that's similar to Shining Soul 1 and 2. These both episodes came out for the GBA. I've played it thousands of hours. Do anyone know a titel for the NDS, which is maybe the same as one or both of this titels? I love to play those Action Adventures. Thanks for every reply!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Shining Soul, not a patch on the rest of the Shining series in my opinion but still good and better than a lot of GBA games.

The games belong to a genre of games called roguelikes although they are not quite as "pure" as some might like. The DS however has a fair few of them, a warning though as most of them are very hard unlike shining soul which was a bit more leisurely in my opinion.

Homebrew has several although I will mention POWDER as I always do, it is probably better than many of the commercial ones:
    http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=news
    This is not the only one and a search of the forum will reveal several more.

Onto commercial
    Izuna 1 and 2
    Soma Bringer has a translation patch and might be a worth a spin (not played it at any length yet) patch here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78947
    The pokemon mystery dungeons are also interesting if you like that sort of thing,
    Rune factory might be worth checking out.
    Contact is quite a lot like what you want.
    Lunar Knights
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
    And the list goes on and on, while there are still RPGs like the final fantasy main series and tactics games like fire emblem I dare say more of the RPGs/similar on the DS are what you want.