NDS Game - similar to Shining Soul (GBA)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ElementalityDE, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ElementalityDE
    OP

ElementalityDE Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys,
    i'm looking for a game, that's similar to Shining Soul 1 and 2. These both episodes came out for the GBA. I've played it thousands of hours. Do anyone know a titel for the NDS, which is maybe the same as one or both of this titels? I love to play those Action Adventures. Thanks for every reply!

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Shining Soul, not a patch on the rest of the Shining series in my opinion but still good and better than a lot of GBA games.

The games belong to a genre of games called roguelikes although they are not quite as "pure" as some might like. The DS however has a fair few of them, a warning though as most of them are very hard unlike shining soul which was a bit more leisurely in my opinion.

Homebrew has several although I will mention POWDER as I always do, it is probably better than many of the commercial ones:
    http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=news
    This is not the only one and a search of the forum will reveal several more.

Onto commercial
    Izuna 1 and 2
    Soma Bringer has a translation patch and might be a worth a spin (not played it at any length yet) patch here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78947
    The pokemon mystery dungeons are also interesting if you like that sort of thing,
    Rune factory might be worth checking out.
    Contact is quite a lot like what you want.
    Lunar Knights
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
    And the list goes on and on, while there are still RPGs like the final fantasy main series and tactics games like fire emblem I dare say more of the RPGs/similar on the DS are what you want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice