Gaming NDS Game of the Week #1

Shocksuspect

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something I've started on my DS YouTube channel and the videos are something I'm planning to do every week. I basically recommend a DS game every week and I'm going to share the vids with gbaTemp. Number 2 will be up next Monday. As for now, check out this week's DS game I would recommend.

or you can follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4li0I5WvmE

and you can sub to my channel for more DS game of the week's and reviews if you like. Link to my channel's here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShockSuspect

Feel free to comment on the game and the vid.

:-)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always felt that game was overrated. Some very interesting ideas but overall the story was just predictable.

gameboy13

Orange and fluffy since 1995.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gameboy13 likes this game
smile.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very well made Video. I enjoyed watching it.

I agree with you on nearly every aspect and I, too, absolutely love this game. The whole setting was very interesting and after getting used to the combat-system I started to really enjoy every single moment.

But I also see this game polarize a little, because it is different and that`s why some people mind not enjoyed it as much as others do.

Still one of my favorite DS games and I`m looking forward to your next recommendation. Maybe next time it`ll come in handy (that would obviously be the case when I didn`t already played the game
tongue.gif
)

yaynds.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I remember having tons of fun with this, and even did all the extra missions after you finished the main game also played the hilarious alternate reality story (A quote by the main character: "I'm so emo").

One of the fun aspects was how you can decide how easy you want to game to be, by lowering your level, surviving more than 10 battles in a row, I love after surviving something difficult you get a nice rare pin. Pulling off combos with your partner was always fun (although took a lot of time getting used to it).

A problem I remember encountering was that some pins didn't react to my stylus (mostly those that required you to do a certain motion[don't remember which at the moment]).

I definitely recommend this, but be sure to have a screen protector !!!

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pitman said:
I remember having tons of fun with this, and even did all the extra missions after you finished the main game also played the hilarious alternate reality story (A quote by the main character: "I'm so emo").

One of the fun aspects was how you can decide how easy you want to game to be, by lowering your level, surviving more than 10 battles in a row, I love after surviving something difficult you get a nice rare pin. Pulling off combos with your partner was always fun (although took a lot of time getting used to it).

A problem I remember encountering was that some pins didn't react to my stylus (mostly those that required you to do a certain motion[don't remember which at the moment]).

I definitely recommend this, but be sure to have a screen protector !!!

I have to agree with pitman, the first time I started the game tho I didn't think that highly of it. But once I really got into the game
it was really great!

The only thing that I wished what would have been better was the first time you did Tin Pin Slammer! I didn't understand anything from the game
and lost horribly xD

That and some of the pins really get mixed up. I liked the idea of the L+R shoulder buttons that you could use to have more or less the same pins(with the same motion)to be used
tongue.gif

That and I noticed that Shocksuspect said in his little movie at 0:26 that The world ends with you is played out in modern Tokyo. But it's actually played out in Shibuya. A real existing place in Japan...even Hachiko is real^^Although I couldn't get a wolf to jump out of it when I petted it
tongue.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gaydrian said:
Always felt that game was overrated. Some very interesting ideas but overall the story was just predictable.

If you found it predictable then you having fucking ESP.
Some of it was predictable but there were a LOT of surprising things that unfolded that are almost impossible to actually predict.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
Gaydrian said:

If you found it predictable then you having fucking ESP.
Some of it was predictable but there were a LOT of surprising things that unfolded that are almost impossible to actually predict.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
laugh.gif

minkyu716

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Overated or not it does stand on the high rack of DS games. And is one of the better games no doubt.

Although I did anticipate this game being no 1. Its that overated.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've tried to play this game on several occasions.....Started it fair number of times.....nothing
frown.gif

Simply doesn't do it for me, I hate the game, but I understand it's just me, most people call it THE best NDS game....so it must be me
tongue.gif

Anyways, great video, looking forward to seeing the next one!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
killeryunran said:
That and I noticed that Shocksuspect said in his little movie at 0:26 that The world ends with you is played out in modern Tokyo. But it's actually played out in Shibuya. A real existing place in Japan...even Hachiko is real^^Although I couldn't get a wolf to jump out of it when I petted it
tongue.gif
it's not exactly 100% real.
doubt you'd find shadow ramen, or 104 there.
but the real shibuya has 109 instead, and good chance there's some other ramen shop in the street where shadow ramen and ramen don are.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thedicemaster said:
killeryunran said:
tongue.gif
it's not exactly 100% real.
doubt you'd find shadow ramen, or 104 there.
but the real shibuya has 109 instead, and good chance there's some other ramen shop in the street where shadow ramen and ramen don are.
Yeah, or Neku for that part
tongue.gif

Altho enough people who would go there cosplayed for a picture
laugh.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
While i can understand some people not liking the game, i'd never go so far as to say it's predictable. Maybe some of the themes and characters acted like you'd expect, but i think the ending was a very big shock actually. And all the secret reports you collect enhance that revelation too. And i'd say the ending is very satisfying once you understand all that ended up going on and why everything happened (there is an almighty reason for everything and it all comes full circle eventually).

The humor sucked me in. I especially loved the Another Day scenario you unlock when you complete the game, it's freaking hilarious! And then you have sho minamimoto, who is just full of epic lulz and quotes (which were probably sadly abused and ruined by 4chan by now). I never took the entire story and all the characters too seriously. Neku's emoness is sort of a parody of the emo movement overall, and it was pretty silly really.

The gameplay could use some work though. I wasn't a fan of the touch controls during battle and felt they were rather awkward and unresponsive at times. Some of the missions were boring too. I wouldn't call it the BEST game on the DS, but i still liked it a lot. I guess it is overrated, but not to such a high degree as other games i've seen. It is a unique game, i can't imagine anyone saying it's not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)