RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the prompt response. I just had one more question. Would I be able to do online trading for games like Pokemon Black using the DNS hack if I play the game through TwilightMenu++ or through the forwarder?
You'll be able to use the DNS in both TWLMenu++ and forwarders.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use 164.132.044.106 (I already tried this and it didn’t work) or should I do the nds constraint one (178.062.043.212 and 1.1.1.1)?
Try the nds-constraint one.
If it still doesn't work, make sure it's put in the access point 3DS mode uses, as it's also used in DSi mode.

BigChickenMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, you will.
Apologies, for the late reply, I haven't had access to my DS the past couple of days or so. I tried running Pokemon Black through the NDS forwarder (as per your tutorial) and wasn't able to connect to WFC to claim mystery gifts. Is there some kind of precautionary step that I missed or should I just retry over and over again until it works? (I've had to do this before with the other DNS).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, for the late reply, I haven't had access to my DS the past couple of days or so. I tried running Pokemon Black through the NDS forwarder (as per your tutorial) and wasn't able to connect to WFC to claim mystery gifts. Is there some kind of precautionary step that I missed or should I just retry over and over again until it works? (I've had to do this before with the other DNS).
Is there a specific error you're getting?

BigChickenMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What does the error message show?
So sorry for the late reply. By the way, for reference, the bars are currently red, even though they eventually turn green but only when I'm in the game, and can't access the mystery gift screen from there. This is what it says under the error code 51099:
No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again. I am absolutely certain that my internet connection isn't the problem as I was able to claim mystery gifts on my Pokemon White 2 cartridge just a few minutes ago.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sorry for the late reply. By the way, for reference, the bars are currently red, even though they eventually turn green but only when I'm in the game, and can't access the mystery gift screen from there. This is what it says under the error code 51099:
No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again. I am absolutely certain that my internet connection isn't the problem as I was able to claim mystery gifts on my Pokemon White 2 cartridge just a few minutes ago.
You're probably running in DS mode then. Make sure you're running in DSi mode, by using a clean ROM, as well as using the latest version of nds-bootstrap.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned I already have a clean ROM, and how do I use the latest version of nds-bootstrap?
Go to this page here, and follow the instructions for the first shown release.
Also, try re-following Part 1.1 in the first post of this thread, before downloading and installing the latest nds-bootstrap.

BigChickenMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Go to this page here, and follow the instructions for the first shown release.
Also, try re-following Part 1.1 in the first post of this thread, before downloading and installing the latest nds-bootstrap.
I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work. I think I might just trade over the new mystery gifts as the green bars appear during play time. I'll let you know if I encounter any issues or have any questions. Thanks for your help. If you have any other potential solutions that would be greatly appreciated.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work. I think I might just trade over the new mystery gifts as the green bars appear during play time. I'll let you know if I encounter any issues or have any questions. Thanks for your help. If you have any other potential solutions that would be greatly appreciated.
Can you try TWiLight Menu++ instead? It uses DSi mode by default, and should tell you if your ROM is clean or not, when launching.
If it doesn't tell you, then it's clean, and can run in DSi mode.

wynnwave

Trophies
Website
www.linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
Just set this up on my 3ds for the first time (using R4 Gold flashcard) and while the forwarder icons do show up on my home screen, selecting one just opens a black screen with an SD card icon and a folder icon (selecting either one doesn't bring up anything).

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just set this up on my 3ds for the first time (using R4 Gold flashcard) and while the forwarder icons do show up on my home screen, selecting one just opens a black screen with an SD card icon and a folder icon (selecting either one doesn't bring up anything).
Hey man. I actually had this problem for about the last week. I fixed mine by kind of removing everything that wasn't NDS roms from my card then putting on the firmware (either the standard firmware or Twilightmenu++) and then using only the files from the Forwarder CIA's only folder. Whenever I install the files from Twilightmenu it breaks with a description like yours. My guess is that the Twilightmenu that comes in the flashcard pack isn't as updated as the Twilightmenu that is available now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2