Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcard or SD card, you'll run into the storage issue either way, for the reasons stated earlier. There is no difference.

Okay. Do you have an estimate on how many forwarders I could have before storage becomes an issue? I think this is finally the last of my billion questions, haha. I appreciate your help so much.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS forwarders only take up a couple hundred KB each, so even 40 of them would be nowhere near filling the TWLNand. You'd only run out of space for DS forwarders if you also have a bunch of larger official DSiWare games installed.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS forwarders only take up a couple hundred KB each, so even 40 of them would be nowhere near filling the TWLNand. You'd only run out of space for DS forwarders if you also have a bunch of larger official DSiWare games installed.

That's a relief to hear! I'm not interested in a single piece of DSiWare, so I should be good then. Thank you Sweater Fish!

And RocketRobz, I don't know whether to thank you or to apologize, so I guess I'll do both. Thank you sooo much for answering my 21 questions, and for being as kind and patient for the sixth question as you were the first one. I have had a really hard time finding some information about 3DS modding, so your help has been really valuable.

Also, sorry for being annoying, haha. If I was a nuisance at all, you didn't show it, so I'm grateful. Thank you for developing this forwarder, and providing such exhaustive documentation and tutorials too. You're awesome!

Knowing me, I'm sure I'll probably get confused and have even more to ask once I start actually modding my system, so I might be back. But in case I'm not, thank you for the help! I appreciate you.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GitHub Release #4

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.51.0

To install or update:
  • In the 7z file, extract what's in for SD card root to the root of the SD card.
To create forwarders, see this page here.

What's new?
  • (@Pk11) Per-game settings menu has been added, and can be opened by holding Y before the game starts.

sminthy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there a fix for the Forwarder window not opening on a Mac? I downloaded everything and read the FAQ, but it looks like there wasn't a known fix for this--although I also wasn't sure if that question was for Mac or PC. I want to either convert a .nds to a .cia OR play a .nds right on the 3DS and I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I need. I'm assuming the Forwarder on my Mac is what allows me to follow the next step in editing the boostrap file?

I'm running Big Sur and so far everything I've seen has been a Windows app except for this option. I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in these 300+ pages; I feel like I've scoured the Internet and haven't found something that works in 2021 with Big Sur. If I could be linked to an entry-level guide (seriously, treat me like I'm 5), I would very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any help or advice!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there a fix for the Forwarder window not opening on a Mac? I downloaded everything and read the FAQ, but it looks like there wasn't a known fix for this--although I also wasn't sure if that question was for Mac or PC. I want to either convert a .nds to a .cia OR play a .nds right on the 3DS and I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I need. I'm assuming the Forwarder on my Mac is what allows me to follow the next step in editing the boostrap file?

I'm running Big Sur and so far everything I've seen has been a Windows app except for this option. I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in these 300+ pages; I feel like I've scoured the Internet and haven't found something that works in 2021 with Big Sur. If I could be linked to an entry-level guide (seriously, treat me like I'm 5), I would very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any help or advice!
There is no fix, afaik.

You could try creating the forwarder on the 3DS console itself, instead of using an external PC/Mac application.
The link is in the first post.

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw on the compatibility list for NDS-Bootstrap for SD card users that Okamiden has touch screen issues, but then I saw in a Github issues thread that it had been fixed. Is it really fixed, or is there something I'm misunderstanding? Okamiden is one of the most important DS games to me, so it'd mean a lot to be able to have it running well on my modded New 3DS.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw on the compatibility list for NDS-Bootstrap for SD card users that Okamiden has touch screen issues, but then I saw in a Github issues thread that it had been fixed. Is it really fixed, or is there something I'm misunderstanding? Okamiden is one of the most important DS games to me, so it'd mean a lot to be able to have it running well on my modded New 3DS.
Yes, it's really fixed.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
hi @RocketRobz
its been a while since i played my 3ds. Im catching up on the updates on hacks/homebrew etc...
i just noticed i cant find the apfix folder (that contains the ips patches) on the latest twilight menu???
does it change location?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi @RocketRobz
its been a while since i played my 3ds. Im catching up on the updates on hacks/homebrew etc...
i just noticed i cant find the apfix folder (that contains the ips patches) on the latest twilight menu???
does it change location?
It's now a file called "apfix.pck", and is placed in the "extras" folder.
The guide has been updated in the past to reflect the change.

Reactions: noctis90210

dimenfer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
as always, thank you for the hard work you put on DS devices.

well, I have the DSTwo and trying to get it work with the forwarder but after all the process when I launch the game the splash screen appears but the game don't boot and I end in the DSTwo Start Screen if I proceed then the last booted game through DSTwo start

Followed the Tuturial over and to see if I missing something but probably not, tried with auto set path rom on and off.

PS: months ago I tried to use that DSTwo to boot DS through TWiL++ but the same thing happened

Attachments

• video5116392689146790278.mp4
    6.5 MB
  • Captura de tela 2022-01-13 193921.png
    Captura de tela 2022-01-13 193921.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 33

BigChickenMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi @RocketRobz
Just wondering if there was a way to fast forward regular DS games through Twilight Menu++ or through the forwarder? I understand this might've been asked before, but I haven't been able to find an objective answer on this thread or on Reddit.
Thanks in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @RocketRobz
Just wondering if there was a way to fast forward regular DS games through Twilight Menu++ or through the forwarder? I understand this might've been asked before, but I haven't been able to find an objective answer on this thread or on Reddit.
Thanks in advance.
Nope, it is not possible to fast-forward DS games, as they're not emulated.

BigChickenMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nope, it is not possible to fast-forward DS games, as they're not emulated.
Thanks for the prompt response. I just had one more question. Would I be able to do online trading for games like Pokemon Black using the DNS hack if I play the game through TwilightMenu++ or through the forwarder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: