Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting Start failed. Error 1 SD card template not found.

I have updated the files in the original post in _nds and update templates at startup checked in the forwarder.

I just thought of it I am trying to make the forwarder for Spirit Tracks d-pad patch rom could that be why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried another game Brain Age 2 and same error.

But I have several from a long time ago and they work.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting Start failed. Error 1 SD card template not found.

I have updated the files in the original post in _nds and update templates at startup checked in the forwarder.

I just thought of it I am trying to make the forwarder for Spirit Tracks d-pad patch rom could that be why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried another game Brain Age 2 and same error.

But I have several from a long time ago and they work.
Download the latest pack from the first post, and extract it.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yeah that was it. Thought I did but didn't do it right.

Do you happen to know how to get a save off Wii U VC to work with this? I tried renaming the .save to .sav and the same name as the rom but it isn't working.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I figured out the save issue but there's a loud buzzing noise the game is making when playing. It sounds like someone is playing a bagpipe and holding one button down non-stop.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that. I think it's ok now though. I think it was the Wii U VC save because I saved in game on the 3DS and the sound is gone. Thanks for all your help.

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Is audio stuttering a known issue? I get this in several games, especially on title screens but also elsewhere. It sounds like the audio buffer is at its limit, which results in regular clicks or other kinds of audio stutter. It happens in Professor Layton games, Castlevania DoS, and Radiant Historia.

Or is it perhaps a slow micro SD card? (But I have no such problem with 3DS games).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is audio stuttering a known issue? I get this in several games, especially on title screens but also elsewhere. It sounds like the audio buffer is at its limit, which results in regular clicks or other kinds of audio stutter. It happens in Professor Layton games, Castlevania DoS, and Radiant Historia.

Or is it perhaps a slow micro SD card? (But I have no such problem with 3DS games).
To fix stuttering, press HOME, then press B.

Reactions: grcd

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I made a forwarder for Pokemon HeartGold and the first time I ran it I was able to load my save game (that was made on an AK2i) and I saved the game when I finished., and then the next time I played the game the forwarder ran the game as before however when I try to load the game it freezes on a black screen. The strange thing is that when I play heartgold via twilightmenu++ it works and I can save and load without any crashes.

new 3ds cfw luma sysnand
nds-bootstrap v0.24.0
twilightmenu v9.3.0
Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6
EU nointro rom.

Edit: I did get it to load the game right now by disabling all the enhancements I had enabled. Renabling them didn't break it either. Weird. Not even sure I can reproduce this problem now...

Edit2: Okay, I might have found the problem: When the last game played in twilightmenu ++ is different from HeartGold, the game run through the forwarder will not let me load my save game. I tested this by running SM64DS through twlmenu++ first and saving, and then trying to run the HeartGold forwarder bef with twlclock, vram boost and high sound quality, not sure if any of the enhancements really matter. <- They don't.

I'll keep on testing...

It seems like it is indeed connected to whether my last played game is HeartGold or not. I haven't made any other forwarders so I can't test any others right now. I guess I could try to make the forwarder again and install it.

Last edited by Zense,

mrbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to run the .jar file from the download, but nothing happens. I am running on windows, and have installed the JDK app, as well as the OpenJavaFX. Please help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.