Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Use the "new" version and it will work. I'm using it right now.
Meh, 11.2 works just fine for all the games I'm interested in, so no biggie, won't bother updating until some really worthwhile improvements have been made.

But I have a different issue now... I got CFW on my gf's DS and gave her the EXACT SAME files for both the "_nds" folder and the ROMs/forwarder (same directory as where I keep mine) and while everything works fine, Pokemon Platinum just won't work right. No matter how many times I remake the forwarders for her and no matter how many times she tries to install them, FBI will say it installed the game successfully yet it won't appear anywhere, not even in the DSiWare Data Management (as if it was never even installed)! What could be going on? The same files work 100% properly for me without any issues whatsoever...:unsure:

Hautis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok, seems that nds-bootstrap v0.12.1 (Rev 02) has been released:
  • Fixed overlooked bug that caused games to not boot, if loading screen is set to None
This was the case for me so it fixed my problems

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, 11.2 works just fine for all the games I'm interested in, so no biggie, won't bother updating until some really worthwhile improvements have been made.
Really? A minor lag fix in HGSS/BW1/BW2 is not a worthwhile improvement?
But I have a different issue now... I got CFW on my gf's DS and gave her the EXACT SAME files for both the "_nds" folder and the ROMs/forwarder (same directory as where I keep mine) and while everything works fine, Pokemon Platinum just won't work right. No matter how many times I remake the forwarders for her and no matter how many times she tries to install them, FBI will say it installed the game successfully yet it won't appear anywhere, not even in the DSiWare Data Management (as if it was never even installed)! What could be going on? The same files work 100% properly for me without any issues whatsoever...:unsure:
What about TWiLight Menu++? Does that install properly on her 3DS?
If not, idk what's wrong. :(

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Really? A minor lag fix in HGSS/BW1/BW2 is not a worthwhile improvement?

What about TWiLight Menu++? Does that install properly on her 3DS?
If not, idk what's wrong. :(
Considering Pokemon is turn based, framedrops or freezes for a split-second couldn't matter less to me, I played through Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness back when nds-bootstrap was at the stage where the loading between floors took like half a minute, so I can live with a little freeze here and there:P

As for the issue, her SD card had a faulty sector, fixed it for her, so it's alright, it just happened that the Platinum forwarder .cia kept being written on that, so kept getting corrupted then installed faultily. Weird, but I guess can happen, reformatted her SD card just to be safe after recovering the sector and everything works fine now.

Reactions: RocketRobz

reflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys! Unfortunatly i ran into some issues as well.

So i'm using a 3DS-MicroSD card but even when putting the _nds folder in the root directory of my card every time i launch a forwarder i ge the error message "Error 1 - bootstrap not found". i have no clue why this happens bc running those games via dsimenu works properly.

Any help is highly appreciated :-)

SlientGh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My install nds games are installed on my menu, but when I run them, they crash.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please help.

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My install nds games are installed on my menu, but when I run them, they crash.

Please help.
youll have to give more info my man. which version of bootstrap, which games, do they work in twl++ dsi++ twloader etc?

PokemonTotalWar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing a forwarder CIA for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness doesn't work. It shows a blank tile with no title or image, similar to the icon for the DSTT I'm using. All my other titles work fine, it's just this one that's having the issue. I tried changing the TID as was recommended a while back in the thread, but that didn't help at all. Is there any direction I can take to try to fix this?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Installing a forwarder CIA for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness doesn't work. It shows a blank tile with no title or image, similar to the icon for the DSTT I'm using. All my other titles work fine, it's just this one that's having the issue. I tried changing the TID as was recommended a while back in the thread, but that didn't help at all. Is there any direction I can take to try to fix this?
Just shorten the name, that's what makes blank icons to appear.

PokemonTotalWar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to stop this from completely destroying YSMenu on a DSTT? Every time I launch a game via a forwarder, it replaces the YSMenu.ini with a version that doesn't have any of the correct tooltips. The regular YSMenu.ini defines what text is displayed where, so if I put the card in a different DS, nothing is readable, since it just has the hardcoded references loaded. Is there any way it can be made to not replace the whole YSMenu.ini, and just the auto run line, or at least replace it with an ini that contains all the correct values as well?

Bene-Hrethgir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot seem to get Forwarder3DS to launch I have Java in PATH and everything, I actually Dev in Java so not understanding the problem I am having.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There's a way to change the language of the NDS backups that doesn't involve 3DS region change?

Cannot seem to get Forwarder3DS to launch I have Java in PATH and everything, I actually Dev in Java so not understanding the problem I am having.

If using Windows, open the command prompt with admin rights, then run this command:

Code:
java -jar Forwarder3DS.jar

Last edited by Autz,
Reactions: Bene-Hrethgir

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's a way to change the language of the NDS backups that doesn't involve 3DS region change?

You can set the language of each backup in dsimenu++ then when you run the forwareder, it will be in the language you want.
Of course the rom must support the language to begin with

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello is there anyway to change the banners of the forwarder. I've tried to extract them with HackingToolkit9DS but get no files so im not sure what to do. I have created custom banners for some of my games like pk red and gba titles that has the default banner so I'm not new at creating and importing what i want, just having trouble with the cia forwarder file in question.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello is there anyway to change the banners of the forwarder. I've tried to extract them with HackingToolkit9DS but get no files so im not sure what to do. I have created custom banners for some of my games like pk red and gba titles that has the default banner so I'm not new at creating and importing what i want, just having trouble with the cia forwarder file in question.
Of course you can, just read the instructions in the OP. When making a forwarder, you can change it's banner, so just remake the ones you want with the banners you want.

Last edited by ThoD,

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm apparently screwing this up i make a banner with 3ds banner maker and import it and it makes the original icon spaz out and turn into a jumbled mess of pixels then I install the cia and it just turned the bottom icon blank and the ds card icon blank. Do I need to create the .bin some other way otherwise it might be the images but I've used banner maker many times before and it worked, also I've noticed the icon changes when i import the banner file and banner maker makes a icon bin separate for replacement. It looks like this after I import.

Attachments

• desktop Screenshot.png
    desktop Screenshot.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 171

ketterer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am trying to usethis tool today on linux. do you know where the default .cia save location when you hit the floppy icon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: