Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, they'll be just a cart booter with custom icon and name. So when I launch it, it boot my dstwo, and then I manually open the game I want.

I managed to create some and they worked on my dstwo, but I had a problem with the Unique ID (CTR-XXXX). I can't put everything in XXXX and expecting to work, so I used the same in all CIA. However, I was able to change the Title ID (which is actually the game-per-game identifyer I guess), so I can install differents CIAs. At here, i'm 99% satisfied with the results.

But I think in the activity log It take the Unique ID to identify the games (that one with CTR-XXXX), so I think there's is a conflict.

I'm trying to find what can I put in XXXX.

For example, Pokémon Diamond NDS ID is "ADAS", so I make a CIA with CTR-ADAS (and a random title id, so I can install differents and they won't overwrite another ones) and It work perfectly, but then I make THE EXACT same CIA changing "ADAS" to, for example, "ABAS", and it won't work anymore (even doing a full reinstall, uninstalling the old one before and even changing title ID). It crash just when I launch it. (An Error Has Occurred. Hold Down the POWER Button ...)

edit: nevermind, I think I solved it. If so, I will explain how to do it
Great, (creo que podemos comunicarnos en español, pero para no crear conflicto seguiré en inglés xD) I just want my log to show The world ends with you and Pokémon Conquest, those are the 2 NDS games I want to play atm :3

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Great, (creo que podemos comunicarnos en español, pero para no crear conflicto seguiré en inglés xD) I just want my log to show The world ends with you and Pokémon Conquest, those are the 2 NDS games I want to play atm :3
I'm making a tool which makes the editing proccess automatically, so you don't need to hex edit anything (mejor dejar todo en inglés para que los demás puedan leer (?))

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Make sure the length of the banner from a DSi Enhanced game is 0x23C0.
I think I'm doing so since I'm using a cart booter dsiware as base which already works, and I only replace icon and name in banner and internal name in header. I do not change the four length product code inside the nds file but I do it when is converted to CIA. Because I can't simply change product code in dsiware, it'll just crash. But in CIA is ok.

Then, it works well!

Edit: this method is if you just want some ds game icons in homemenu with the Plus which they actually boot your flashcard, and then you manually select your game (you'll always want to launch the same as the one you launched at homemenu). Doing so, you at least track and log your gaming time at activity log.
This has nothing to do with forwarders or nds injection. This is better than nothing, as forwarders are better than this.

Last edited by Asdolo,

KazuRo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this card compatible its a R4SDHC right so it might be incompatible.
And if its not copampatible can i still play without forwarders, cause when i launch the card on my arm9loaderhax 3DS only an error comes when i start the card :/

down_r4.jpg

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • 7. (NOT for the current version. Only for an upcoming version of Forwarder3-DS, so avoid steps 7a to 7k.) Avoiding blank banners. Make sure Keep .NDS files is checked.

Regarding that, why would you make harder the process in further versions?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Forwarder3DS-v1.6

- Added check box for selecting whether your game files are loaded from the SD card already or not. If selected, sets the actual path of the file in the "Game Path" field when it's loaded. Thanks to @Shadowhand for suggesting this feature.
- NTR games use now the same template as TWL games. CRC16 isn't calculated and needs to be set manually.

Reactions: Shadowhand

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forwarder3DS-v1.6

- Added check box for selecting whether your game files are loaded from the SD card already or not. If selected, sets the actual path of the file in the "Game Path" field when it's loaded. Thanks to @Shadowhand for suggesting this feature.
- NTR games use now the same template as TWL games. CRC16 isn't calculated and needs to be set manually.
Yep, Forwarder3DS-v1.6 is now up.

Fixes issues, like:
  • DS standard (NTR) forwarders unable to be copied to SD Card in System Settings.
Hopefully, the Original R4 works this time.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Olmectron

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep, Forwarder3DS-v1.6 is now up.

Fixes issues, like:
  • DS standard (NTR) forwarders unable to be copied to SD Card in System Settings.
Hopefully, the Original R4 works this time.

So before this update the process was to install them in the nand? That's why the limit was 40 titles? Or am I missing something?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users