[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. Al3xand3r

Al3xand3r Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    Bulgaria
    error 1 sd cars template not found how do i fix that?

2. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Extract the SD card forwarder pack, as stated in the first post.

3. Al3xand3r

Al3xand3r Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    Bulgaria
    Thanks but is there a specific place to put the roms in or am i missing something again because the error is gone but i get just black screen.

4. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    The ROMs can be placed anywhere.
    In Forwarder3-DS, make sure the ROMs have been dragged from the SD card, and not the PC itself.

5. Al3xand3r

Al3xand3r Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    Bulgaria
    can i do this with ftp because i cant put my sd card in my pc now?

6. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Nope, you can't.
    'til then, you can use TWiLight Menu++.

7. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    Can anyone confirm If I can use this method to make my legit NDS cartridges as forwarder .cias and would it be compatible with PokeTransporter/PokeMwer(Pokebank) to be able to transfer my pokemons from Black/White 1/2 over to Pokebank?

The LEGIT NDS cartridges are working perfectly fine but it would be cool not to insert the cartridges every single time I want to use PokeTransporter.

8. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Nope, can't be done.

9. evilkramz
    This message by evilkramz has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Oct 11, 2019, Reason: Asking for warez.
    Oct 11, 2019
  10. Robz8
    This message by Robz8 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Oct 11, 2019, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Oct 11, 2019
  11. Walidor

Walidor Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    Israel
    I tried dragging from the SD card but for some reason it didn't work and didn't show anything on the forwarder, tried taking the roms from my pc and manually set the path on the SD and got a top black screen and a bottom white screen...

EDIT: for clarirfication - I'm using the 3DS SD card through a phone to read it on the pc, roms are on the SD.

Last edited by Walidor, Oct 12, 2019
  12. placebo_yue

placebo_yue Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Argentina
    I use FTP and boop to transfer everything, never stick the SD on computer unless i have to transfer something really huge. So yes, it can be done.
    I'll step by step how i do it, in case it helps anyone
    • (optional) Fix and trim ds roms with DS-scene rom tool
    • drag that output file (or the original if you feel like skipping the first step completely) onto the fowarder. Manually set the location to wherever you'll put the rom on your SD card (for example, i have a "roms" folder on root, and inside it "DS", so it looks like "roms/ds/nameofmygame.ds"
    • use Filezilla and some FTP homebrew app on console to transfer the ds game onto the folder you set up earlier, make sure the filename is the same and all that.
    • create CIA, drag onto Boop and install using FBI remote install.
    • restart console, game should appear and play just fine.
    • if it doesn't, check for updates on your bootstrap and all that, try a different game, a different rom version of the same game perhaps.

Last edited by placebo_yue, Oct 12, 2019
    Zense likes this.
  13. GibWaffles

GibWaffles Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    Slovenia
    For those having issues running the .jar file on windows, despite having installed java. Hold shift and right-click on the empty space next to the extracted Forwarder3DS.jar file. Select "Open powershell window here". In the terminal type: "java -jar .\Forwarder3DS.jar" without the "quotes" and hit enter.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Soft resetting Pokemon Soul Silver crashes the console. I'm assuming it's a known bug. Any intentions on fixing this?

14. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    Solution: dont soft reset the pokemon soul silver.

15. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    or use TWiLight Menu++.

noctis90210 likes this.
  16. mrbear

mrbear Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    OMG thank you for this, it's really helped me with the problem I was having!

17. Shuli

Shuli Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    United States
    Like a few people have already posted here, i'm trying to run Forwarder3DS on my PC but it just flashes for a split second on the screen then closes. Has anyone found a solution for this?!

heres the output from java -jar .\Forwarder3DS.jar:

Exception in Application start method
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't obtain static method fromNative(Method, Object) from class com.sun.jna.Native
    at com.sun.jna.Native.initIDs(Native Method)
    at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:148)
    at com.sun.jna.Pointer.<clinit>(Pointer.java:41)
    at com.olmectron.material.MaterialDesign.handlerStaticJNA(MaterialDesign.java:414)
    at com.olmectron.material.MaterialDesign.access$400(MaterialDesign.java:67)
    at com.olmectron.material.MaterialDesign$32.handle(MaterialDesign.java:935)
    at com.olmectron.material.MaterialDesign$32.handle(MaterialDesign.java:931)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventFilterRecord.handleCapturingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:282)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchCapturingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:98)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchCapturingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:223)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchCapturingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:180)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchCapturingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:43)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:52)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
    at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
    at javafx.stage.Window.fireEvent(Window.java:1138)
    at javafx.stage.Window$9.invalidated(Window.java:888)
    at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.markInvalid(BooleanPropertyBase.java:109)
    at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.set(BooleanPropertyBase.java:144)
    at javafx.stage.Window.setShowing(Window.java:940)
    at javafx.stage.Window.show(Window.java:955)
    at javafx.stage.Stage.show(Stage.java:259)
    at com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS.start(Forwarder3DS.java:308)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$4(WinApplication.java:186)
    ... 1 more
    Exception running application com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS

@Robz8

Last edited by Shuli, Oct 16, 2019
  18. Why it doesn't work with DScraft?

19. Shuli

Shuli Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    United States
    Thanks!
    This solved my problem

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    I believe it does work with DScraft.

What happens, exactly?

21. When I open the Forwarder, select the DScraft ROM and then I click on the save button nothing happens!

22. Ashwyn

Ashwyn Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2019
    United States
    I have a problem where it says" start failed error 1 sd card template not found press b to return to home menu." how can i fix this?

Edit- also there is a white screen on the top

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ashwyn, Oct 19, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted