[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. lawrencek

lawrencek Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    Canada
    @Robz8 Thanks for the reply. I was missing the sdcard.nds file in sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder folder. After adding that, a fresh reboot, and making some new forwarders, it seems to be working now.

Regarding DSiWare games, is that planned functionality for the future, or is not on the table due to some technical issues? Not an end of the world thing at all for me. Just curious!

2. StevenMattera

StevenMattera GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2018
    United States
    Durham, NC
    BTW using the 3DS SD Card works, but I would still like to get my DSTWO to work just for better compatibility. D=

3. Veitran

Veitran Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Belgium
    Hello everyone, so I'm not getting a dropdown menu when I try to select a target card. I'm worried I'm doing it completely wrong. I'm currently running the Forwarder program from my laptop with the SD card from my 3DS plugged into a card reader through my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. DeSynthed

DeSynthed Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Canada
    Wow, this is really great, thanks for all the work that went into this!

I got most of my ds library to function, however, I'm having trouble with pokemon black 2: I get an error 1, sd template not found when booting. I also tried putting it on my dstwo plus, but whenever I launch games from that I just get kicked to the home screen, rather than loading the rom.

Any suggestions?

StevenMattera likes this.
  5. ironicbunz

ironicbunz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    United States
    I screwed up somehow and there is this blank and titleless cia on my home menu. Does anyone know the name of the forward file so I can uninstall it through FBI?

6. Fusion Luigi

Fusion Luigi Pun Master/Loser

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Warp Zone
    Good news! I got Black 2 to work by installing YSMenu from that retro feller instead of the R4 menu which fixed the forwarder for the Unova games. Don't understand why but I will someday.

7. Lycan094

Lycan094 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    Mexico
    @Robz8 Hello again, one question: Pokemon Conquest does not work, what I saw when creating the CIA and the Forwarder is that it says "DSi Enhanced" I tried installing it in the USA and EUR region but it did not work, so try it with TWiLightMenu but it remains a blank screen but it does not start the game. Does not this game work? How is it done to create the modified game templates (hackrooms, translated, etc)?
    Thx again.

Last edited by Lycan094, May 16, 2019
  8. Cloudffvi

Cloudffvi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    I can't seem to get this to work.

I create the CIA, game shows up in the main menu.

Then I boot it, and I get

"Start failed Error 1
    SD Card template
    not found.

Press B, etc"

I have your other Application (TwilightMenu++), and it works. I tried deleting TwilightMenu files and it still doesn't work. Yes, I did put the content of "for 3DS SD card" in sd main folder.

Any help?

9. Lycan094

Lycan094 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    Mexico
    Did you try to update the templates from the Forwarder 3-DS menu? What I also saw is that unofficial games (for example: Hack versions, translated, etc.) do not work either.
    The errors I had at the beginning was that I had not put the Forwarder 3-DS on the hard drive, the games had not put them inside the games folder (that is, you must first leave the games in the folder where you will keep the rooms of DS in the root of the 3DS card folder, and WITHOUT DELETING the games you should also save the files generated by the program (the .CIA and the other file Forwarder.nds)

Last edited by Lycan094, May 16, 2019
  10. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Download and extract the latest SD card forwarder pack.

11. DeSynthed

DeSynthed Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Canada
    I take it you mean the links in the original post, I redownloaded the Supercard files and still just end up on the rom selection screen.

Let me make sure I understand all the steps that lead up to this, I set your java program to DStwo mode, and then drag a rom from the DStwo's SD card onto the program window.

The files from the dstwo portion of the download go on the root, replacing files in the _dstwo directory. Similar idea for the 3ds SD instead creates an _nds folder at the root, which contains one file.

I also added the files from the main 3ds SD download to my sd card, but I again got the same results

Additionally, I tried editing parameters inside the ntr_forwarder.ini, and none of the changes were applied when I tried loading a forwarder, so I have a feeling that the forwarder somehow isn't reading the file, but you know way more about this than I do.

12. Neximus

Neximus Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    I'm trying to forward AP fix pokemon roms and they don't create .cia files in the generated folder. Does anyone know how to fix this?

13. Carlos_Knijnik

Carlos_Knijnik Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brazil
    Help, i get a freaking blackscreen in top screen when i try to open the game

14. Carlos_Knijnik

Carlos_Knijnik Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brazil
    Now worked, i saved the NDS file too and it worked.

15. Cool_doggy

Cool_doggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2019
    United States
    I have the forwarder3ds jar file and the latest version of java, but each time I run it it creates a hidden folder called .forwarders but never runs.

16. Cool_doggy

Cool_doggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2019
    United States
    Never Mind, I ran it through command prompt and it launched. Also made a .bat file for convenience.

17. InochiPM

InochiPM Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2019
    United States
    Kentucky, USA
    How would one import a new banner for games?
    For example, im making this kind of banner for the forwarded Prof Layton 1, its not finished yet since i want to add the floating DS cart to it. but would i be able to add this instead of the little floating cartage.
    [​IMG]

18. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    For that banner to be shown, the forwarder has to be a 3DS mode title, which the forwarders aren't made as.

19. InochiPM

InochiPM Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2019
    United States
    Kentucky, USA
    Ahhh darn.
    Would there be support for that later down the line or is it something out of your range of knowledge?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by InochiPM, May 21, 2019 at 10:21 PM
  20. SmaArty1

SmaArty1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2019
    Brazil
    This is awesome! Does it compatible with all games?