Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

EndlessParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i installed the cia on my 3ds but its not showing up and i only have 3 installed. When i look in fbi titles i can find them but there blue

fixed it lmao all i had to do is restart my 3ds

Last edited by EndlessParadox,

2412Wolfsthal

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wha? ist doesn't work...

if I press the button, one folder opens with 2 files one .nds file (1.5Ms) and one .cia files (1.5Ms) , but the file I selected has 32Ms !
please help

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game I was trying to get, WarioWare D.I.Y.
It's normal that saving currently doesn't work with that game.
Wha? ist doesn't work...

if I press the button, one folder opens with 2 files one .nds file (1.5Ms) and one .cia files (1.5Ms) , but the file I selected has 32Ms !
please help
That's normal. Just install the CIA, and launch it.

uchiha_951

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to create an unanimated/static version of a DSi enhanced game banner? I would prefer a non animated banner for pokemon white and white 2.

I found an application here on Gbatemp called MessAnimDSIco which lets me edit the bin file for the icon but it doesn't let me save any changes to the animations. Was wondering if anyone knew a way or had a bin file for a static icon.

P.S Thank you for the guide, the games all run perfectly! Some needed to be run twice before they booted but after the first successful boot of each game, no issues.

Last edited by uchiha_951,

J1803E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still work?

I tried using the application and it would not let me select the target, nor would it let me make a cia file, nothing gets converted...

EDIT: I got it to work on another laptop. But now the games do not load, they stay on a white bottom screen after it creates a save file.

Last edited by J1803E,

Angeelgod

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I'm having trouble running this on Linux, I already have java and javafx installed but I keep receiving the following error "Error: Could not find or load main class com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS"
I suspect this could be an issue related to OpenJDK and OpenJFX, as everywhere i've looked for help people suggest to install JavaFX from Oracle, which is clearly not an optimal solution

Anyone on linux has been able to run this using OpenJDK/OpenJFX ?? or am I doomed and completely forced to install Oracle's JDK for just one app?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update for the SD card forwarder template and pack has been released!
You recreate the forwarders and update the pack as usual, but, this is the last time you will need to recreate your forwarders, as future SD card template updates will reside on the SD card itself.
The new forwarders are around 300KB as well.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Antonio2311

Lycan094

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have tried everything that says the instructions. But do not believe me .CIA, only the same game appears. NDS. I already tried from the root of SD 3ds, dragging the rooms, selecting them from the folder and for more attempts that I do not create any .CIA format. Does anyone know why? I would appreciate it if you could help me. I tried with Pokemon mystery dungeon Sky and Pokemon Platinum :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried everything that says the instructions. But do not believe me .CIA, only the same game appears. NDS. I already tried from the root of SD 3ds, dragging the rooms, selecting them from the folder and for more attempts that I do not create any .CIA format. Does anyone know why? I would appreciate it if you could help me. I tried with Pokemon mystery dungeon Sky and Pokemon Platinum :(
Is the "Forwarder3-DS" folder on the hard drive root?
If you're not using Windows, then I'm unable to assist you. Use TWiLight Menu++ in the meantime.

Reactions: Lycan094

Lycan094

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is the "Forwarder3-DS" folder on the hard drive root?
If you're not using Windows, then I'm unable to assist you. Use TWiLight Menu++ in the meantime.

UPDATE:.-I tried with the recommendation to place the folder on the hard drive, but the exact same thing happens, it does not generate the CIAS.
LOL I tried it on another PC and its work (I do not know what the problem is on the other PC). Thank you

OTHER PROBLEM: When I install the CIA and I try to open it tells me that it does not have the template "Start failed. Error 1 SD card template not found"

Last edited by Lycan094,

lawrencek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello @Robz8. I seem to be having the same issue as @Lycan094. As far as I can tell, I have everything up to date that needs to be, as of this evening. (I also completely removed the ".forwarders" files to make sure I had a completely up to date set of templates on the next run of F3.)

• Forwarder3-DS v2.9.6
  • nds-boostrap v0.19.3
  • Twilight Menu++ v8.2.0

I updated nds-bootstrap through Twilight Menu Update, then downloaded the latest release from the repo an hour or so later, then compared the files checksums just to be sure everything was up to date in that regard.

I'm generating forwarders to be used with .nds files on my SD card. The location of the files on the SD card from root is ROMS/DS, and I set the Game Path option for the forwarder as follows:

• ROMS/DS/Mighty Flip Champs! (USA).nds

When installing the CIA though, and running the forwarder, I get the same error as @Lycan094. I can run the games fine through Twilight Menu++, and forwarders I made just last night (a few hours before the v0.19.3 release of nds) still seem to work fine.

D

Deleted User

I apologize if this has been answered already, but there is 262 pages to go through. When I click on a forwarder it brings me to the DSTWO interface, but does not autoboot the game. I have an original DSTWO, and I've updated it to the latest firmware on their site. (v1.25) I created a 'ds' folder on the root of the DSTWO SD card like what was in the video and placed my NDS files in there. I also replaced the EOS files on my DSTWO SD card from the DS Game Forwarder Pack. On my 3DS SD Card I added the one file under the _nds folder. While trying to figure out was going wrong I saw in the CIA file a reference to the path "sd:/_dstwofwd/autoboot.ini", so I also created a _dstwofwd folder. When generating the forwarders I had the following options selected just like what was in the video:
  • Target: SuperCard DSTWO
  • Update templates at startup
  • Automatically set ROM path
Any help would be appreciated.

DSTWO SD Card Folder Tree: https://pastebin.com/bkaHneLc
3DS SD Card Folder Tree: https://pastebin.com/q1E8PDkZ

Last edited by ,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Robz8. I seem to be having the same issue as @Lycan094. As far as I can tell, I have everything up to date that needs to be, as of this evening. (I also completely removed the ".forwarders" files to make sure I had a completely up to date set of templates on the next run of F3.)

• Forwarder3-DS v2.9.6
  • nds-boostrap v0.19.3
  • Twilight Menu++ v8.2.0

I updated nds-bootstrap through Twilight Menu Update, then downloaded the latest release from the repo an hour or so later, then compared the files checksums just to be sure everything was up to date in that regard.

I'm generating forwarders to be used with .nds files on my SD card. The location of the files on the SD card from root is ROMS/DS, and I set the Game Path option for the forwarder as follows:

• ROMS/DS/Mighty Flip Champs! (USA).nds

When installing the CIA though, and running the forwarder, I get the same error as @Lycan094. I can run the games fine through Twilight Menu++, and forwarders I made just last night (a few hours before the v0.19.3 release of nds) still seem to work fine.
Is there a "sdcard.nds" file in "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder"?
If not, download and extract the latest SD forwarder pack.

Also, DSiWare currently doesn't work with nds-bootstrap.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi @Robz8 , thanks for the app, it's really useful. I just wanted to let you know that I had already set up my forwarders on 2018, and just recently update the twilight menu ++ with the updater, and when I try any forwarder, it won't load. Only if I go directly to the twilight menu, but if I do it via the home menu, won't load anything. Just updated to the latest version, but it was working before I updated, so I don't know what might I be missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey