Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

tutruong16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the "Forwarder3-DS" folder on the hard drive root?
If so, how long is the ROM filename?
Thanks for replying, so the folder for Forwarder3DS is in (maybe not a smart move) the Downloads folder, and the file name is "Soma Bringer", which is shorter than most of the nds file names i used to make forwarder cias

EDIT: I moved Forwarder3DS to the hard drive root, and i decide to use another rom (Kirby Super Star Ultra) along with Soma Bringer just to see if the other game has the white icon issue too. Seems that Soma Bringer is the only rom with the white icon issue

Last edited by tutruong16,

ax_colleen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I know that this thread isn't really active anymore, but I'm really desperate to solve this problem.

I'm trying to forward Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black. Both files are DSi enhanced, AP patched, confirmed to be compatible, and have names which I assume are short enough (white 2.nds and black .nds.) I'm just using my SD card because I do not own a flashcard (I'm hoping that's okay.) I have GodMode9 installed and everything. I've tried forwarding the NDS files with them being stored on my PC, and on my USB drive. I don't own a SD to USB adapter so I have to use FTPD or plug in the SD card into a different computer and copy and paste the files on to it from my USB drive (I keep all my files on my own PC, but it doesn't have an SD card slot, so I have to use someone else's, which has one.) Because of this, I can't exactly use the nds. files in Forwarder 3DS with them being stored on the SD card directly. Instead, I have to copy them to the SD, to the point where it would have been the same as if I were to install it there directly.

On to the actual problem, I'm getting that common issue where I get the 2 black and white screens when I load my icons on the home menu. I've tried so many different things but none of them have worked. I've kept the forward NDS files on my SD card, just the regular nds files, both, and tried deleting both and just installing the CIAs. I've both checked and unchecked Automatically Set ROM paths, Keep NDS files, etc. I've tried putting the CIA files and the NDS files in the same folder and different folder. I tried personally setting the path in Forwarder 3DS. None of this works; I get the same error every time.
I'm really hoping that it's not because I can't put files directly onto my SD card from my PC, or because I don't have a flashcard and I'm just being stupid. Any ideas?
I think I know what is happening. Just wait for at least 20-30 seconds while booting the game. Both screens are white right? It happens to me too and it really just takes a long while to boot.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does this work for Twilight Menu++?

I don't have a slot 1 card to use anymore (DSTWO is almost broke)

EDIT: I did it! None of my readers would work with Forwarder3-DS so I put all my NDS files on my PC and dragged and dropped them from PC Hard drive. Then I manually changed the directory in Forwarder3-DS to my card (in this case:ROMS/NDS/Chibi Robo Rich Happy Sweep.nds)

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
worked perfectly for all games, except for the legend of zelda spirit tracks :/, i got an AP patched one, i played it for long, it runs from the dsi menu++, but the forwarder shows white screen after it fully loads.

SweetCinnamonBean

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have been trying to run the "Forwarder3DS.jar" file on my laptop but nothing is happening no matter what I try... I have been trying several methods to do this and it's just not happening. I have been trying to use winrar as well to see if I can get the files on my laptop but that won't work either because I get allot of folders and files that are not an .exe file so can you please share all the files that we need instead of the .jar file???? Because it's quite frustrating that I cannot get the files from the .jar file. Oh and I am on Windows 10.

EDIT: Oh never mind I found out how to do it. For those who cannot open up .jar files on windows 10: create a new .txt file and change it to RUN.bat. Then right click and click edit and then type: "java -jar java -jar Forwarder3DS.jar" and then save it and close the document. Then double click on the RUN.bat file and it will do its magic and you have your files

Last edited by SweetCinnamonBean,

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello,

I have been trying to run the "Forwarder3DS.jar" file on my laptop but nothing is happening no matter what I try... I have been trying several methods to do this and it's just not happening. I have been trying to use winrar as well to see if I can get the files on my laptop but that won't work either because I get allot of folders and files that are not an .exe file so can you please share all the files that we need instead of the .jar file???? Because it's quite frustrating that I cannot get the files from the .jar file. Oh and I am on Windows 10.

EDIT: Oh never mind I found out how to do it. For those who cannot open up .jar files on windows 10: create a new .txt file and change it to RUN.bat. Then right click and click edit and then type: "java -jar java -jar Forwarder3DS.jar" and then save it and close the document. Then double click on the RUN.bat file and it will do its magic and you have your files

Or you can just right click , open with, select JAVA, and check "always use this program for this file extension" or smth, you wont need to write a txt file each time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.