[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. fedeyzma

fedeyzma Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    United States
    I need help, i've been trying to get this to work ALL day long and it's pretty frustrating, i have a Galaxy Eagle Flashcard, it says it's compatible, but, the name never appears anywhere in the program or the "for Slot-1 microSD" folders, i spent all day long just trying by trial and error but so far nothing has worked, so i would appreciate if i could get some help

I also have a DSTT Flashcard but no matter what i do i cant get it to work with any Firmware i have found so far, but i guess thats a topic for another thread, anyway i hope anyone can help! thanks in advance!

2. The_CFW_Noob

The_CFW_Noob Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Does local multiplayer work with this?

3. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes. Download Play doesn't work for some games though.

4. The_CFW_Noob

The_CFW_Noob Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Also just one more question. When i boot my nds files in desmume the language is english but when i boot the nds files up from my home menu using your forwarder method the language is japanese. How do i fix this?:unsure:

5. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Add "LANGUAGE = -1" to "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini".

6. The_CFW_Noob

The_CFW_Noob Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks! language problem is gone now

7. BjornTheGecko

BjornTheGecko Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    United States
    Hey, so I know that this thread isn't really active anymore, but I'm really desperate to solve this problem.

I'm trying to forward Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black. Both files are DSi enhanced, AP patched, confirmed to be compatible, and have names which I assume are short enough (white 2.nds and black .nds.) I'm just using my SD card because I do not own a flashcard (I'm hoping that's okay.) I have GodMode9 installed and everything. I've tried forwarding the NDS files with them being stored on my PC, and on my USB drive. I don't own a SD to USB adapter so I have to use FTPD or plug in the SD card into a different computer and copy and paste the files on to it from my USB drive (I keep all my files on my own PC, but it doesn't have an SD card slot, so I have to use someone else's, which has one.) Because of this, I can't exactly use the nds. files in Forwarder 3DS with them being stored on the SD card directly. Instead, I have to copy them to the SD, to the point where it would have been the same as if I were to install it there directly.

On to the actual problem, I'm getting that common issue where I get the 2 black and white screens when I load my icons on the home menu. I've tried so many different things but none of them have worked. I've kept the forward NDS files on my SD card, just the regular nds files, both, and tried deleting both and just installing the CIAs. I've both checked and unchecked Automatically Set ROM paths, Keep NDS files, etc. I've tried putting the CIA files and the NDS files in the same folder and different folder. I tried personally setting the path in Forwarder 3DS. None of this works; I get the same error every time.
    I'm really hoping that it's not because I can't put files directly onto my SD card from my PC, or because I don't have a flashcard and I'm just being stupid. Any ideas?

8. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sorry, can't help you there.
    Use TWiLight Menu++ instead.

9. BjornTheGecko

BjornTheGecko Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2019
    United States
    That's really weird, I swear I got a working copy of White 2 previously on menu... oh well lol.

10. Aquaze

Aquaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    France
    Hello guys !
    First, i have a bad english, sorry >< and second, congratulation for that amazing work !

So, this is my problem, i have instaled some ds game forwarder with this tuto ( and these forwader work with no problem ) but, with no explication, the install automaticly crash with the rest of the ds game ( install with FBI ), here the error in FBI :

"Failed to install CIA file:
    result code : 0xC8A08035
    Level : status (25)
    Summary : invalid state ( 5 )
    module : AM (32)
    Desc : <unknown> ( 53 ) "

My N3DS is completly update ( luma, godmode etc etc )
    all my ds game was in the same repertory, in the same format and using the same logiciel to get the forwader in CIA
    I really don't know why this perfectly work for the prévious game but not for the rest, i test any other cia and create new cia but i immediatly have this error ( i tried to install a other cia of a other app, no problem, it's just for the forwader )

Again sorry for my english XD et thanks you for reading me !

11. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    How much space is left on the TWL NAND? (Can be seen in FBI)

12. Aquaze

Aquaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    France
    OH .. ooooh XD
    thanks, i think i see the problem, oh my god i feel so dumb XDDD
    So yeah, i only have "twl nand : 7.5mib", that very poor i guess XD

13. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    To free some space, delete a DSiWare title from System Memory.

14. Aquaze

Aquaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    France
    thanks for the anwser ! it's so sad we cannot extand the TWLnand TwT

15. glitched_searcher

glitched_searcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United Kingdom
    The moon
    hey ummm no matter what i try forwarder 3ds wont open on my computer (its windows 10 if that helps)

16. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sorry, can't help you there.
    Please use TWiLight Menu++.

17. glitched_searcher

glitched_searcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United Kingdom
    The moon
    i have but sadly it crashes all the time

18. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    How so?

19. glitched_searcher

glitched_searcher Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United Kingdom
    The moon
    i open the soft ware select open twilightmenu++ it gives me a black screen the the generic an error has occurred please shut down and try again

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    If you're using EmuNAND, then install the CIAs to SysNAND as well.