[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    It's normal that the CIAs are bigger, because they contain frames and sounds for the DS/DSi boot screens.

2. Uzibozi

Uzibozi Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    Turkey
    Hey, so i created an account just to ask this because i couldn't find an answer to my problem and neither the people who asked did. When i download the Forwarder3DS.jar file and open it, two files named make_cia.exe and settings pop-up, and that is just it. When i click on Forwarder3DS after that, nothing happens.I knew that it's supposed to create more files like .forwarders but it created only these two. I'm on 64-bit Windows 10 and i'm using 64-bit Java, i reinstalled it countless times and i even tried using the 32-bit x86 version but nothing changed. All help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just have Windows Defender, no other antivirus programs and i already checked the unlock option in Properties of the .jar file.

Last edited by Uzibozi, Feb 3, 2019
  3. alcab

alcab GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    Thanks for your answer.
    Sorry if this question doesn't make sense but... would it be possible to place those frames and sounds in another file, an external and only file, so that they do not need to be included in each forwarder CIA?

4. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Actually yes, it's possible.
    I plan on doing it for the SD card forwarder template, but probably not for the flashcard ones, since it's possible the recompiled flashcard ones would not boot the flashcard.

5. alcab

alcab GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    Good to know. Hope you can do that for the flashcard ones, too.

Thanks in any case for the amazing job.

6. ketterer

ketterer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Canada
    I am sorry for asking again but i dont think there was a reply,

will cheats ever be usable with forwarders, is it possible? would there be an interface available?

7. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    The forwarders are a low priority for me, so probably not.

8. ketterer

ketterer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Canada
    ok thanks for a super fast reply

9. tocram

tocram Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2017
    France
    Hey, with Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, the game launches in English when my console is all in French... Even the Pokémon games are in French... Is there something I can do to change their language ?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

10. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Try adding this to "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini":
    Code:
    LANGUAGE = -1

11. tocram

tocram Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2017
    France
    It worked, thank you ! :D

12. MattM

MattM Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2019
    United States
    So I installed jdk-11.0.2 for MacOS (10.14.3) but I still can't get the Forwarder3DS.jar to open. It looks like it is trying to use JarLauncher 15.0.1

*** Edited

Sorry, I finally was able to get the Forwarder3DS to launch. But now the issue I am having is that your instructions specify that the floppy icon will create a .cia file for me to copy and install. This isn't happening for me though. When I click the icon, it created a folder called /generated and inside it had a new game file called "forwarder-game-title.nds". shouldn't this be a .cia file and not a .nds file?

Thanks.

Last edited by MattM, Feb 12, 2019
  13. able

able Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    United States
    i saw on discord if you want to use these forwarders with new bootstrap versions you need to use a new version of the forwarder software and remake them, is that true robz?

14. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    You just need to update the forwarder templates in the software, and then remake the forwarders.

15. Joey5802

Joey5802 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Hey Robz, I just set this up with NDS roms I had been using with TWiLight Menu++. My saves did not transfer over, even though they are in the "saves" folder. I tried renaming the saves for include "forwarder-" before the rom name but that didn't work. I have also tried putting the "saves" folder in the folder where my roms are and also on the root of the SD card. How can I get my saves back?

16. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Can you still use the saves with TWiLight Menu++?

17. Joey5802

Joey5802 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yes, the saves work perfectly in TWiLight Menu++.

18. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Then I don't see why the saves wouldn't work with the forwarders.
    Make sure the forwarder templates are up to date, and try remaking the forwarders.

19. Holiday_Ougi

Holiday_Ougi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Italy
    Can't make it work on my DSTT. I have YSMenu, i made sure to select the game from the flashcart sd, to check the path of the rom etc. I just get a white screen after the DSi splash screen

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Did you extract the correct flashcard pack?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted