[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. Jidoki

Jidoki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2019
    Spain
    i love u dude, the game until now is working fine, thanks a lot not only with this issue but with the whole forwarder thing, its great, good luck on everything <3

Robz8 likes this.
  2. FlachDonut

FlachDonut Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2019
    Germany
    Dortmund, North-Rhine Westphalia
    Okay, so this maybe has been already answered before but with over 250 sites in this thread I'm not really into sitting half an hour on my pc to search...
    So basically: the forwarders look really good in the menu and I'm applauding the creator behind it for putting his free time and effort into this, but I'm left with 2 problems:

-some of the games worked properly after the .sav files were created for the first time but now they don't do anymore, just blank white screens after I started them from the 3DS menu. Other games still work fine.

-most games suddenly are in english while some games are displayed in german, my preferred native tongue. But all of the games which I installed the CIAs from are EU versions with german text available. Is there a way to fix this? There doesn't seem to be a specific command in the configurable text files in the _nds folder...

3. Rvby1

Rvby1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Hey!

I kept getting the bootstop not found error while trying to get Pokemon Platinum (EUR) to boot despite having the SD card boot files installed on the root of my SD card. I ended up putting a new version of the boot files on my SD card after backing up the old ones, and Pokemon Platinum is booting up now. However, my other forwarders don't seem to be working now.

Do I just need to recreate the forwarders for my other games? If so, will my saves still boot?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes. Just move your existing .sav files from the exact folder of your .nds files, to "saves" folder from the same folder, and then remake your forwarders.

Rvby1 likes this.
  5. Mathmaster333

Mathmaster333 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Canada
    Hello, I recently updated my forwarders. Mainly, for pokemon diamond (the name was changed from PKMDMD to Diamond for the sake of simplicity), I changed the name of both the rom and the .sav, remade the forwarders, and now the game does not recognize my .sav fole. How do I fix this? (I am booting from the SD card, the .sav is in the same folder as the .nds)

6. JustinCredible

JustinCredible GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2018
    United States
    Make a folder called saves in the same location and put all your .savs in there. It's required for the latest bootstrap.

7. Mathmaster333

Mathmaster333 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Canada
    okay, thank you!

8. Mikitok

Mikitok Member

Newcomer
    Monday
    New Zealand
    This is for install games like 3DS games with FBI?
    I open program but I dont have idea to made cias ><
    And what games are compatible?

9. Sakress

Sakress Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    United States
    I tried putting the Forwarder3-DS Folder on my C: root and running it there, shortening names and dragging and dropping from my SD card. I’m trying to get a Forwarded CIA for The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which I simply named “ST.nds”. I’m running 32 bit Windows 10 and I have Java installed, obviously since I’m running a jar file. I have Update Templates and Automatically set ROM path checked only. The game is AP-Patched and the target is 3DS SD Card, from which I’m dragging and dropping the ROM. Through all that what I still get is an NDS file titled “forwarder- ST.nds”. Must I run the JAR from the SD Card root? Or does it matter if it’s on the hard drive root and I drop the ROM from the SD? Does it have to be the same SD in which I plan to install the CIA? I’m selecting from SD:/ROMS/nds/ST.nds on my SD card? The result of this is 1.) An empty folder in which it should have generated or 2.) the same NDS file. What am I doing wrong? I could really use some help. This problem also occurs with other games, such as Pokémon White 2, Pokémon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Pokémon Heart Gold. All that require AP patching have been patched properly, as they work in TWLoader and TWiLightMenu. If anyone has an answer please let me know. ^_^

EDIT: I’m unaware of whether or not Spirit Tracks is compatible, but I’m having the same issue with compatible games such as White 2.

Last edited by Sakress, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:28 PM
  10. dsoldier

dsoldier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    Chile
    Do I need the ntr_forwarder.ini file if I already have TWiLight menu working? I ask because I launched a ds forwarder and it worked just fine. Also, does it load with TWiLight settings? like the clock speed and sound frequency?

11. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    I'm having problems with GTA chinatown wars when creating the .cia forwarder for SD Card. It shows a Java error when I click the button to create the .cia file, more specifically ArrayIndexOutofBounds error at com.olmectron.forwarder.ROMFile.writeBanner(ROMFile.java:1152). What could it be?

The rom is functional BTW.

Last edited by Autz, Jan 16, 2019 at 4:09 AM
  12. JustinCredible

JustinCredible GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2018
    United States
    Are you putting the rom on the sd card in roms/nds and then making the forwarder using the rom on the sd card not your computer?

13. Mikitok

Mikitok Member

Newcomer
    Monday
    New Zealand
    This is for install games like cia games?

14. Autz

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    I did that and happends the same. I tried renaming the ROM to see if it was an error with the length, and happends the same thing. Other templates seems to go fine with the ROM, only the 3DS SD Card template is triggering the error.

15. Sakress

Sakress Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    United States
    Have you checked for case errors? If not, make sure you have Diamond.sav and Diamond.nds. Try making a folder titled “saves” in your SD:/ROMS/nds/ directory. My only issue is I keep generating .nds files instead of cia. Maybe you could help me with that XD

16. Autz

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    I fixed my problem. The SD Card template for some reason got corrupted, so I had to enter on the .fowarders folder and erase sdcard.nds, then the app will download the missing file.

17. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    This is for installing forwarders that launch your DS games.
    You use the Forwarder3-DS program to make the forwarder CIAs. Follow the steps in the first post.