[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Can we expect games like HG/SS/MDEoS to run without lags or stutters any soon (by soon I mean within around 2 months or so, no real rush as they are already perfectly playable)?

2. cephalonsipps

cephalonsipps Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    United States
    I hope so. Some cases it’ll completely freeze and I would have to reboot.

3. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Never had the game freeze like that, at most I had floors on MDEoS taking about 20 seconds to load (usually takes around 5 though). HG/SS only has some mild stutter and since it's not a fast paced game, it's nothing serious, just would be nice to run at full speed.

4. cephalonsipps

cephalonsipps Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    United States
    Maybe it’ll get fixed cause there will be cases where I get a weird red screen after saving most of the time. Then going to reinstate that it’ll freeze after most battles.

5. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It could very easily be a bad ROM you are using or you made the forwarder long ago with an outdated template or something... Made my forwarders for HG/SS about half a month ago and don't have any issues besides rare stutters or lag.

6. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    or the bootstrap is out of date.

ThoD likes this.
  7. cephalonsipps

cephalonsipps Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    United States
    Bootstrap is the recent version. I may find a new rom and forward it again.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I just forwarded it the other day so it could be the rom.

Attached Files:

8. TomodachiDeath

TomodachiDeath Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2018
    Antarctica
    3DS fc: 5258-4926-3350 pls PM me to add you back
    I get this error when starting the app.
    [​IMG]

9. someguy12345

someguy12345 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    United States
    If we update bootstrap by replacing the release-bootstrap.nds file with the latest version, is it supposed to break all of the currently installed fowarders?

I'm trying to update bootstrap from 0.4.1 to 0.7.3, but when I do that, it breaks all of my installed forwarders (boots to white screen). The ones I tested out were Flower, Sun, and Rain and SM64DS, which both run perfectly on 0.4.1, but boot to white screen when I update release-bootstrap.nds to 0.7.3. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: figured out the problem, my unzipping program wasn't decompressing the files properly. Disregard!

Last edited by someguy12345, Mar 18, 2018
  10. dark_sol

dark_sol Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2006
    Canada
    Are there any plans to fix DSTwo compatibility with the forwarders?

drag0nscythe, kraziebone and BizyB like this.
  11. The_Randomizer54

The_Randomizer54 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So I have the following problems;
    1. I cannot select my target card (the drop-down wont appear)
    2. When I click to generate forwarder, it will generate a folder, with sub-folders but nothing in those sub-folders.

12. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    Okay so I don't know what I'm doing wrong but no matter what I do (shorten the file name, put Forwarder3-DS in its own folder, anything) the program just won't generate CIA files and keeps them as nds files. I have everything checked that should be checked, I'm loading the games into the app from my 3DS's SD card, and yet it only ever wants to generate NDS files and not CIA files. Any help?

13. nedron92

nedron92 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2016
    Germany
    I have a question:
    I tried to generate forwarders for my AceKard 2.1 (not i), with the srloader-pack. Cia and installation perfectly,
    I drag and drop them from the SD-Card of my flashcart to forwarders-generator. Enable Auto-Path.
    But I get redirected to the rom-selection menu of AKAIO instead to load the rom.
    So, what should I do now? :) Thanks

EDIT: and some games have white screens, so anti-piracy is worked here...
    What can I do, start directly from flashcart and all is fine, but not good for activity log #bann

Last edited by nedron92, Mar 24, 2018
  14. drag0nscythe

drag0nscythe GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2014
    United States
    Has the forwarder template been fixed for the DSTT? Just found out that it is currently broken so any new forwarders I try to make wont work

BizyB likes this.
  15. KirbyTheIndie

KirbyTheIndie Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2018
    Canada
    Hey i am having a problem with the forwarder it installed and ran just fine but it i installed more than one forwarder but it only runs one game on all of the forwarders in this case heart gold so when i try to run black 2 it just runs heart gold so what did i do wrong

16. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    What is your flashcard?

17. drag0nscythe

drag0nscythe GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2014
    United States
    Is it possible to load an older version of the files so functionality can be returned to the DSTT cards?

18. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Get the "dstt" files from here, and place them in the ".forwarders" folder. Enable hidden files/folders, if you don't see it.
    EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by Robz8, Mar 31, 2018
  19. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sorry for double-post, but sort-of good news?

Since I may not get back to working on the forwarder templates anytime soon, the broken DSTT and DSTWO templates are downgraded to their last-working ones.
    After a long wait (at least for DSTWO) of them being broken, they should now work again.
    That being said, if you want the higher 48khz sound quality (outside of games on SD card), you'll need to use TWLoader or SRLoader.

Last edited by Robz8, Mar 31, 2018
    VatoLoco and drag0nscythe like this.
  20. NO_ob

NO_ob GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2017
    Hi i have managed to get this working on my original r4 card. But on boot it does not show the nds launch screen it will flash a screen which says loading then white then loading again then the game. Is there a way to fix this to get the nds launch screen or is it not possible on the old card?