nds crash in animal crossing or age of empires

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by m9cus, Sep 14, 2006.

Sep 14, 2006
  1. m9cus
    OP

Newcomer m9cus Member

United Kingdom
    hello. apologies if this is in the wrong place but i have searched for similar problems and cant find any

i have been using my m3 slim with a 2gig mini sd san disk card installed, for a couple of months flawlessly up untill now.

i have got to a certain point in "age of empires" and the game suddenly decides to freeze for no reason.
    this freaked me a bit so i tried some other games and found that my animal crossing does the same thing too.
    i have not found the problem in any thing else yet .

is it possible for data on the memory card to be corrupted.
    i say this because when i went through the directories with the ds some of the files had weird filenames such as ??? or !#&8

i checked the same directories on my pc and they read correctly.

maybe it is the game manager software as i have not upgraded that from the original disk that comes with the m3

can anyone tell me if they have had similar problems and if anyone has a fix then that would be great.

i just hope to god that i have not lost my animal crossing save cos i have got so far [​IMG]

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    It is possible for data on the SD card to be corrupted. This doesn't happen very often, but it does occasionally.
    Back up the save files, format the card, put the games and their save files on the card. Try loading.

I think only the game files have been corrupted (because the game crashes mid-game, and not when you try to load), so you might be able to save your save files (ironic, isn't it? save your saves).

Hope this helps.

3. m9cus
    OP

Newcomer m9cus Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for your input veho.
    i did exactly that, i backed up the saves, wiped the card and reformatted.
    everything is hunky dory and as a bonus i got the latest gamemanager software to make sure everything was ok.
    im very pleased that i can now continue collecting fruit.

thank you

4. m9cus
    OP

Newcomer m9cus Member

United Kingdom
    oh dear, i thought it was all ok but it has happened again, just with age of empires.

it looks like it must be a bad rom.
    i got a lot further but it is crashing again in the same place.

i will try putting the rom on again and seeing if that fixes it again, but im worried that the memory card might be dodgy.