Hacking NDS Compatibility better on EZ Flash 4 or Supercard SD Slot2?

• Thread starter BryceOne
  • Start date
  • Views 1,870
  • Replies 5
B

BryceOne

OP
I've ordered a EZ Flash 4 mainly to play GBA games, but I was curious about it's compatibility with NDS games. I used to use Supercard SD Slot2 until they stopped updating it for newer games. Does the EZ Flash 4 support more games the SCSD?

I've tried searching for a compatibility list for the NDS games, but most sites that had them are down, or don't give any info at all.

Another question I wanted to ask without making another topic...
What's the folder layout for the EZ Flash 4? Can all my GBA roms go in one folder, or is there a per-folder limit?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About 80 files per folder (stick with a slightly lower number) or the loader will not display them. If you have more than this it can be troublesome if you want to go into the save folder but you should not have to do that in loader.

DS compatibility. Pretty much everything (there were a few games notable and otherwise that caused issues) until early April 2009 and you might be able to pull a few things off with some patches afterwards. All this is slightly less than the supercard which stopped in early Autumn/fall 2009 if memory serves. Although I would never suggest it for serious use DS stuff you can certainly get a lot of stuff done and the DLDI patch is pretty good if you favour homebrew.

I am not aware of an up to date list but if you scan through the loader update thread you can get an idea http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=793

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree w/ Fast6191, the EZ4 was a very capable DS cart back when it was still supported, but once patch lists stopped being released (largely due to the release of the EZ5) it was pretty much done. These days mostly I use mine for GBA and a few choice DS homebrew titles (Dual Slot Browser, Wood Dumper, etc.), but trying to run DS ROM's on it just isn't worth the effort. It's still a good GBA cart considering one is unlikely to be able to find a "proper" GBA flash cart, and it's better at GBA than the SC.

The only folder you need is the Saver folder, EZ4 Client will create this and a .sav file for you when you patch your ROM images w/ it. The firmware/loader/kernel/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is stored on the EZ4 itself, not on the SD. Other than that, and the limit Fast stated, you can put your ROM images where ever you'd like them.

B

BryceOne

OP
I agree w/ Fast6191, the EZ4 was a very capable DS cart back when it was still supported, but once patch lists stopped being released (largely due to the release of the EZ5) it was pretty much done. These days mostly I use mine for GBA and a few choice DS homebrew titles (Dual Slot Browser, Wood Dumper, etc.), but trying to run DS ROM's on it just isn't worth the effort. It's still a good GBA cart considering one is unlikely to be able to find a "proper" GBA flash cart, and it's better at GBA than the SC.

The only folder you need is the Saver folder, EZ4 Client will create this and a .sav file for you when you patch your ROM images w/ it. The firmware/loader/kernel/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is stored on the EZ4 itself, not on the SD. Other than that, and the limit Fast stated, you can put your ROM images where ever you'd like them.

Thanks. I was just trying to decide if I needed to keep my old Supercard for multiplayer NDS games. I have the R4 on my DS Lite, but my old NDS' Slot1 port is broken and just spits the cards out, so I'm stuck with just a Slot2 option on that one.

What is the last update for the EZ4 kernel software?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks. I was just trying to decide if I needed to keep my old Supercard for multiplayer NDS games. I have the R4 on my DS Lite, but my old NDS' Slot1 port is broken and just spits the cards out, so I'm stuck with just a Slot2 option on that one.

What is the last update for the EZ4 kernel software?

Last update for ez4 is this
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4753

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No actually, that isn't. That's EZ4 Client 1.03, 1.04 was the last client update...

I don't know why 1.04 isn't the one available currently on the EZ Flash site or Filetrip... Probably something I'm forgetting like it was a beta or some such. The 1.03 on Filetrip and the EZFlash web site contain newer patch lists though then what came w/ the original 1.04 archive I've got. But the latest patch lists were downloadable back in the day solo of the EZ4 Clients so I never downloaded the whole client just for newest patch lists, so I'm not surprised, I do have an arc containing the patch dll that is contained in the file on Filetrip/EZ Flash... Nothing newer, so that should offer the best DS ROM support regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night