KriX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

Do you know if there is at least one NDS game that can be played in co-op mode over wifi or even internet ?
Google didn't help, neither GBATemp search page, I guess there are only few... none?

Thanx

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Contra 4 doesn't have Wi-Fi but it's a darn awesome coop game.

Dungeon Explorer is kind of sloppy, to even be able to play multiplayer you have to beat the entire game first and even then it's only a bunch of dungeons (which are fun) but a true co-op action rpg would have you play the whole storyline with two (or more players) not a bunch of generic dungeons.

Castlevania POR has online coop but mind you it's only the boss rush mode and you also need to complete the game to play all courses but it's actually a lot more fun than you'd expect.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Touch of the dead
and
Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Both have a co-op mode where you can play the entire game with 2 players.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NY Times Crosswords has local co-op.
tongue.gif

TMNT 3 has some jacked up local co-op.

NYT Crosswords - I enjoyed solving some puzzles with my sister actually.
We tried TMNT 3's co-op but it was horrible.
Others I thought of were mentioned already.

P

pasc

You are right, it has wifi, but only for tamagotchi style sharing activites as far as I could see back when I was playing through the jap verson.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I hate to say this but Dungeon Explorer is nothing but shovelware, seriously, look elsewhere before trying DE.

Playing a half-decent adventure RPG like Eragon ALONE is way better than playing Dungeon Explorer with 2 other people right next to you.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dungeon Explorer is kind of sloppy, to even be able to play multiplayer you have to beat the entire game first...
Not true. You get access to multi-player pretty early on in the game. iirc, it's right after the point when you acquire a school. Did you actually play the wi-fi co-op or are you just passing impressions along?

I hate to say this but Dungeon Explorer is nothing but shovelware, seriously, look elsewhere before trying DE.

Playing a half-decent adventure RPG like Eragon ALONE is way better than playing Dungeon Explorer with 2 other people right next to you.
Just because you don't enjoy the type of game, doesn't mean it's shovelware. I think it's the best dungeon crawler on the DS right now, and I've played Izuna and CoM all the way through. And BTW, I really enjoyed Eragon for the short time it took me to play it, but DE is nothing like Eragon. One is a dungeon crawler, and one is an Action/Adventure RPG. If it's not your cup of tea, fine, but there's no reason to trash a game just because you didn't like it.

I've played DE co-op quite a bit now, and I think it's very fun. You can co-op with friends or with anyone who's looking for a game. Not to mention it gives you access to the best items in the game, an you can beat the final final boss with help from a couple friends.

Just the fact that DE has been able to successfully pull off wi-fi co-op is impressive to me. As you can see from this thread, it isn't easy to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.