NDS can not connect to AP

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Dragonlord, Mar 13, 2007.

Mar 13, 2007

NDS can not connect to AP by Dragonlord at 8:11 PM (1,516 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Dragonlord
    OP

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    A strange issue I have since a long time preventing any attempt to get my DS online. I use a Linux AP ( which means a laptop with a wifi card able of ad-hoc mode ) with the rest of the LAN without a problem so the AP is working. Now the DS doesn't. The strange thing is that when I scan for the AP with the DS it is reported with all values correctly ( name, access mode ). For eliminating error sources I use a plain connection with no restrictions ( public mode ). The DS always detects the AP while scanning but trying to connect it suddenly says it can not connect. The settings are all correct ( static IPs on both ends ). Using a dumper on the AP I can not see the DS at all ( other wifi pcs are shown just the DS not ).

Any idea why the DS can not connect to my AP?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You say now, does that mean it did in the past?

As for not connecting I have a BT router around here which the DS has no trouble seeing and sensing all the various options enabled. It will not connect for love or money though. PSPs, palms and whatever else can connect without issue though. Basically the DS wifi is just this side of useless (I one day hope that somebody hacks the firmware (perhaps loosing pictochat or something) and adds some decent support but that is pretty much a pipe dream), I have no idea about linux compatibility (either straight up of via an emu/interpreter) but you may wish to research the USB devices or get one of the wifime capable cards and use that as an access point (which should definitely work with linux: the whole reason wifime exists is because the drivers were released to the open source community).

3. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    What exactly is this wifime stuff? I heard it now a couple of times but have no clue whatever it is.

4. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
  5. Dragonlord
    OP

Switzerland
    But this is then only something to make homebrew run on a DS over download play. That though is not of my interest as I have already a fully working flash card. I simply don't get why the DS can not connect to some AP. Is the hardware that shitty?

6. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    I should have pointed you to the bottom of the page where there is a section on turning said cards into access points, but yeah the hardware is really that awful.