Hacking NDS Browser on R4

emoco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my R4, very pleased with it. When I load the Browser rom onto the card it says it needs the memory expansion pack for it. Do I need to crack/patch the rom? Where can i get it from?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will either need the official ram extension (comes together with the DS browser when purchased) or you need to use a for example supercard slot 2 as a 'RAM substitute' together with a hacked DS browser version. Considering the hacked DS browser is still a 'rom' I will not link to it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can't. There is no crack yet. You need either the original RAM pack in Slot2, or a Slot2 flashcard with onboard RAM paired with the R4 to run the Opera ROM.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SC lite and M3 is all i know...

i know this is a dumb question but... what do you put on the slot 2 card?

The M3 (not pro?) and SC (not rumble) comes with onboard RAM to run GBA games. All the DS browser does it use this RAM instead of the official Nintendo RAM expansion pack (that as far as I'm aware, only comes with the DS browser). In otherwords, if you want opera support, you're going to have to pay for it. Cheapo!
rofl2.gif

dazinith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
glad someone asked about this, my R4 will be here after work!

i have an old GBA flash card, what are the chances it will work as a RAM expansion? zero? none?

hmvh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SC lite and M3 is all i know...

i know this is a dumb question but... what do you put on the slot 2 card?

The M3 (not pro?) and SC (not rumble) comes with onboard RAM to run GBA games. All the DS browser does it use this RAM instead of the official Nintendo RAM expansion pack (that as far as I'm aware, only comes with the DS browser). In otherwords, if you want opera support, you're going to have to pay for it. Cheapo!
rofl2.gif

all i have is the flash2advance as my slot 2...

dazinith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
glad someone asked about this, my R4 will be here after work!

i have an old GBA flash card, what are the chances it will work as a RAM expansion? zero? none?

Only Supercard and M3 supported as the slot2 ram for the slot 1 ds browser hacked ver.

cool, thanks for the info!

i'll prolly just pick one up, i know some say it is slow, but it can't be any slower than my sidekick phone eh? maybe ill run some comparison tests..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1