1. someguy12345

someguy12345 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone played through Solatorobo on this?

I'm getting random crashes when playing the game - I've been able to reproduce the crashes during specific moments in the game, so I'm wondering if people have had the same problems (and yes it's AP patched). For example, I get a crash whenever I enter a certain house in Shetland, and whenever I accept the "Big Fishies" quest).

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Have you tried with a non-AP-patched ROM?

3. alexander1970

alexander1970 Wuff Wuff.

Austria
    Hello.:)

It is maybe because this is an NDSi Enhanced Game.:unsure:
    This Type of Games are known to make sometimes "Troubles".

Thank you.:)

4. someguy12345

Newcomer

United States
    I have not, I'll try that - but this game has AP checks so wouldn't it just freeze? (I guess maybe mine wouldn't because I've already saved past the AP block?)

It's just weird because I've had zero issues with the game up to this point.

5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    TWiLight Menu++ bundles AP-patches, so it'll automatically be AP-patched on-the-fly.

6. alexander1970

alexander1970 Wuff Wuff.

Austria
    Thank you.:)

Did you have the AP Bypass Code activated in the Cheats ?

7. someguy12345

Newcomer

United States
    I think I've fixed the issue, although I'm not exactly sure how...
    Nope, no cheats enabled for Solatorobo.

So what I ended up doing was forcing the boot mode to be "DS Mode" (instead of "Default", which I assume boots DSi mode for Solatorobo). After I did this, I had no crashing issues (specifically I was able to accept the "Big Fishies" quest as well as enter that specific house in Shetland). I assumed this fixed the issue.

Separately, I'd been finagling with cheats today in order to fix the black screen issue with Nanashi No Geemu (the first one). I enabled the "Black Screen Fix V3" on that game and was successful with it, but I ended up deleting usrcheat.dat in the extras folder (figured I'd use it some other time) - however despite deleting usrcheat.dat, for some reason Nanashi No Geemu was still booting correctly, which I thought was odd since I deleted usrcheat.dat. I copied usrcheat.dat back into the extras folder and found that the "Black Screen Fix V3" was still enabled somehow, so I disabled it and deleted usrcheat.dat again.

All of that might seem random and unrelated, but out of curiosity, after removing the Nanashi No Geemu cheat as well as re-deleting usrcheat.dat, I ran Solatorobo again in Default mode (I assume DSi mode). I was actually able to enter the house in Shetland correctly in Default/DSi mode, despite it repeatedly crashing before.

I'm not sure if all of that is related, so maybe I just wasted a bunch of words :] Basically, I'm not sure if deleting cheats+usrcheat.dat or running in DS mode fixed the issue. I just thought it was weird. I'll continue to play Solatorobo in Default mode and keep you guys posted if anymore crashes come up. Thanks for your help!

alexander1970 and Robz8 like this.
  8. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    A special build of nds-bootstrap has been released! It is exclusively included in TWiLight Menu++ v15.1.1.
    The bundled nds-bootstrap build can boot two DSiWare games, and serves as a preview of DSiWare support.
    Please check the release page on how to use it.

angelhp, banjo2, VinsCool and 4 others like this.
  9. stranno

stranno Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Amazing release Robz, I was expecting the DSiWare support. Happy birthday!

[​IMG]

Last edited by stranno, May 23, 2020
    Robz8, banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
  10. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Algeria
    Happy Birthday, Robz8!

Robz8, banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - commercial, bootstrap, backups