Homebrew NDS BitTorrent Client

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you need one exactly? The DS downloads way too slow to download files, and it w3ould be of no use whatsoever.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chaz. said:
Why would you need one exactly? The DS downloads way too slow to download files, and it w3ould be of no use whatsoever.

This, it would take like a year to download something even considerably large, no one would make one for this reason sorry

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
3 Reasons to use a Torrent client on DSLinux:

1. Able to multi task in another tab
2. Using it's own libwifi so dl connection is maxed to 100kbps. enough for maybe a 5mb .mp3 file or something...
3. DSLinux wouldn't have any libfat problems like many other homebrew do such as moonshell and DSOrganize.

...But even then, Your DS isn't capable of downloading a ripped PS3 Bluray game.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although in theory it would be possible to have a BitTorrent client on the DS (like in DSLinux) it's really not worth the effort to create one. The DS' wifi isn't very fast and it's not a connection issue but instead the hardware itself. This is one of the main factors why the DS Browser and non of the homebrew browsers are nearly as fast as your home computer.

If you're looking to save system resources, try uTorrent, which is a rather lightweight torrent client.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not pointless a 100kb/s is way faster than dialup witch I get like 3kb/s on. If their was a torrent client it would be possible to say bring it to a friends place or your local library or school to download

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suprised nobody mentioned it
ohmy.gif
, you can use utorrent and use the web interface to download torrents through the DS too, if you really have to be downloading stuff on the go. lol.
before some of you mistaken, the torrents arn't actually downloaded THROUGH the DS. The DS connects to your pc/website that is running utorrent's web interface, and you can control your computer to download torrents.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
ohmy.gif
, you can use utorrent and use the web interface to download torrents through the DS too, if you really have to be downloading stuff on the go. lol.
before some of you mistaken, the torrents arn't actually downloaded THROUGH the DS. The DS connects to your pc/website that is running utorrent's web interface, and you can control your computer to download torrents.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't work.

uTorrent's WebUI uses JavaScript, which I don't believe anything on the DS supports.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
kennypu said:
ohmy.gif
I'm pretty sure that doesn't work.

uTorrent's WebUI uses Java, which I don't believe anything on the DS supports.
java? or javascript you mean :], and the DSi browser does support javascript.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
One possibility is to run rtorrent or transmission on linux computer and connect to it via ssh from DSLinux. Thats only remote controlling torrents, not downloading them.
Or then just put microSD to phone and load torrents via symtorrent and put microSD back to DS.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 pages to answer this.

IS THERE a NDS BitTorrent Client out there
excluding DSLinux and uTorrent WebUI

also what is rTorrent and can I USE IT on the DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, then I will be actually older than him for a bit (ik thats not how ages work btw)