discots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

Just got an acekard 2i and tried using nds backup tool wifi 031 + smallftpd.
followed nicely the tutorial from http://faq.monroeworld.com/index.php?actio...&artlang=en.

I'm using a NDS lite. A silver grey one :-p
It has version 5 FW (magenta screens)

Now all seems to work well.
I transfer the SAV file first successfully.
Then I start with the ROM and it starts. After 10-15 minutes or so, the transfer just seems to hang ...
The wifi connection to the router is very good (distance/obstruction wise).

I disabled Firewall, but I don't think it'll matter, since the initial transfer starts.
I fiddled around with changing channels on my router 1,2,10,11 ... all the same. (hints one some other fora)

wifi setting on router is set to 11B & 11G. Not sure if I have to set it to one of the two?
I'm all out of ideas though. I've read somewhere that the problem may be the wifi tcp/ip stack on the NDS that causes the transfer to hang after a while ...

All I can do is power off the NDS lite. If I check the smallftpd directory, I can find perfectly the 2 files, but the ROM file is just on 5MB or below, depending when it failed. Meaning there definitely was a transfer. I tried this with different games, and all the same behavior.

I'm trying to refrain from downloading games (for now ;-)) and just backup the ones I have for safety purposes.

Anyone that has a some bright ideas?

Thanks in advance

discots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hm ... nds backup ftpd doesn't even hangs with "waiting connection" ... Doesn't even start.
Looking at wood dumper as well, and trying to do this with PC being client, but no success yet :-(
still open for suggestions

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
discots said:
hm ... nds backup ftpd doesn't even hangs with "waiting connection" ... Doesn't even start.
Looking at wood dumper as well, and trying to do this with PC being client, but no success yet :-(
still open for suggestions
You use the FTPd version 'backwards'.
It makes the DS the FTP Server, and you connect to the DS through an FTP Client.
Alternatively, you can connect through Windows Explorer by typing: :@:

discots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, I gave up yesterday. But today is another day ;-)
I figured out the ftpd was indeed acting as the server, but with clients like filezilla, aceftp I was not able to connect.
Tried with port 21 (but also tried 8080), and as anonymous as well as nds/nds, but the login/pwd shouldn't matter, should it?
And yes, I forwarded the port 21 on my router to the NDS IP address.
Still no success.
I'll try with IE, but I fear the same.

wood dump has failed on me as well. This also makes the NDS the ftp server, but no luck.
hate2.gif

I heard the wood dumper would be better as the ROM taken from nds backup tool would be incomplete. Is that just a rumor or ...?

Other suggestions still welcome as well ;-)

Cheers
Joeri

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
discots said:
I figured out the ftpd was indeed acting as the server, but with clients like filezilla, aceftp I was not able to connect.
Tried with port 21 (but also tried 8080), and as anonymous as well as nds/nds, but the login/pwd shouldn't matter, should it?
did you configure /NDS_Backup_Tool_FTPd.ini?

discots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Xenon,
yes

# NDS_Backup_Tool_FTPd.ini

ServerPort 21 ! FTPd Service Port

FTPUser anonymous ! FTPd Logon User name
FTPPassword any@anonymous ! FTPd Logon password

SaveFile 0 ! 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

Quite straightforward ...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
discots said:
Tried with port 21 (but also tried 8080), and as anonymous as well as nds/nds, but the login/pwd shouldn't matter, should it?Yes, it very much matters.
It needs to be exactly what you have in the NDS_Backup_Tool_FTPd.ini file.

QUOTE(discots @ Oct 27 2010, 04:19 AM) I'm sorry, I read IE, but you wrote Windows Explorer. I will try that as well.
Internet Explorer should work as well.
I use Firefox (which does work too, I believe) so I guess I skipped mentioning IE.

discots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
umpfh, I mixed up with Wood dumper.
Think I tried anonymous anyway, but will try again. Well sometimes can't see the wood for the trees anymore...

discots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Darned, it's not working.
Tried different users editing in .ini and ftp client, but nds just keeps waiting for connection. :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche