OliverR1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Complete Newbie here.

Started playing around with a NCard 1gb V1.45 (8gb) on my DS.

Card was 99% full and working well but when I went into menu mode this morning it said "no write space".

I think this is probably due to save files that have been added in the last day or so.

My first thoughts were to clear some of the space, which I did by deleting all the .sav files, but I still got the same error when selecting from the menu.

Before I did any of this I backed up everything including the DSYSTEM folder, Menu file and a few NDS files and then re-formatted the drive using my PC running XP. I did this with a standart right click format option.

Now rather annoyingly I just get the USB mode / Menu option screen (where you can see the files stored on the card, on my PC but I get the error when prssing the menu option "Data is not align 16k".

I have re-tried regular formating and formating FAT + 16k and 64k running off the start menu
"diskmgmt.msc" but nothing fixes the problem.

I pressume this has happened to others but any information I find seems to be in Chinese!

Is there someone smart out there that can point me in the right direction (in a simplified form) to help get my card working again and maybe also offer a good drag and drop solution (software package) for file managment between PC and DS?

Much appreciated.

Oliver
cry.gif

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
a) You have posted this in the wrong area. This topic should be in the N-card sub-forum.
b) It appears you missed this sub-forum, as there are numerous directions on how to format your N-card properly (using the DS – NOT using windows).
c) If these methods don't work, I recommend using the SD card formatter listed here.
d) Depending on what firmware version you have, you may need to copy some system files across after formatting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs