Gordifas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I use tinfoil 0.2.1.the nsp works fine on 7.01 with atmo 0.8.5.
The problem is i got a message"nca signature verification failed".i install the nsp by usb.
1)I would like to know if it's the version on tinfoil or a problem about my keys?
2)Or just because i converted a xci to nsp which has no ticket?
I used goldeaf 0.5 by usb,the problem is it crash when i quit and the transfert using tinfoil 0.21 is 37 mb/s and goldeaf 18 mb/s but no message about nca just crash.
I would like to stay on 7.01 to use the dejavu exploit

Thanks

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XCI to NSP conversions are always junk and will fail nca verification.

I wish you would make a verification failure a warning rather than an abort. Maybe have someone maintain a blacklist of malicious packages rather than treating every conversion as potential malware. Too many noobs don’t understand what the issue they are facing is and come here for help.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you would make a verification failure a warning rather than an abort. Maybe have someone maintain a blacklist of malicious packages rather than treating every conversion as potential malware. Too many noobs don’t understand what the issue they are facing is and come here for help.

By definition, there is no way to validate an XCI conversion. It very well could be malicious software. Tinfoil can verify and install XCI's, so there is no reason to do XCI -> NSP converts. I wish people would stop using the conversions, SX and tinfoil both install XCI's.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By definition, there is no way to validate an XCI conversion. It very well could be malicious software. Tinfoil can verify and install XCI's, so there is no reason to do XCI -> NSP converts. I wish people would stop using the conversions, SX and tinfoil both install XCI's.

There is a grand total of one malicious NSP out there. Just blacklisting it (and new ones, if they appear) solves the real world threat.

A simple, official USB installer app for Tinfoil/Lithium would effectively eliminate conversions. Something like Goldtree. A user runs it, is promoted to pick a file to send over for install, the file is sent, the install completes. Nut is too complex for the people that do conversions.

Gordifas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok,but why when i use goldeaf usb,i don't see nca verification failed.goldeaf is the new tinfoil right?all xci converted and installed with tinfoil have nca verification failed.
What is the risk with this message.a risk to brick my switch?
So what is your suggest?
i used 4nxci and nsp verify.=>it's ok to verify?
Masagrator, i used sdsetup to create my folders.i will check if i have the files.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a grand total of one malicious NSP out there. Just blacklisting it (and new ones, if they appear) solves the real world threat.

A simple, official USB installer app for Tinfoil/Lithium would effectively eliminate conversions. Something like Goldtree. A user runs it, is promoted to pick a file to send over for install, the file is sent, the install completes. Nut is too complex for the people that do conversions.

Nut is a single exe the user runs, how is that too complex?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok,but why when i use goldeaf usb,i don't see nca verification failed.goldeaf is the new tinfoil right?all xci converted and installed with tinfoil have nca verification failed.
What is the risk with this message.a risk to brick my switch?
So what is your suggest?
i used 4nxci and nsp verify.=>it's ok to verify?
Masagrator, i used sdsetup to create my folders.i will check if i have the files.

No, goldleaf is a different project. Tinfoil is more advanced than goldleaf. http://tinfoil.io/

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nut is a single exe the user runs, how is that too complex?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, goldleaf is a different project. Tinfoil is more advanced than goldleaf. http://tinfoil.io/
Nut is complex in the way it is designed. It wants to scan directories and cares about file naming and is big and heavy. Try Goldtree. You’ll understand what easy is. If you need a detailed critique, I can provide one.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nut is complex in the way it is designed. It wants to scan directories and cares about file naming and is big and heavy. Try Goldtree. You’ll understand what easy is. If you need a detailed critique, I can provide one.

specifying a directory , and using a file picker to select a file are pretty much the same thing.

you do not HAVE to name files a certain way to work with nut. If you change the protocol to nutfs or usbfs, nut will serve all files like a FTP server. Its better if you name them correctly, but you do not have to.

Gordifas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks
The tinfoil version 1.55:
Fixed "Failed to register NCA" error that some people receieved with XCI installs.
1)If i understand,if i use 4nxci to convert the nsp,i will not get nca failed?
2)Goldeaf with goldtree,i didn't get signature failed.only the transfer is fast on tinfoil.
Goldeaf verify nca signature?
3)the nca verification failed is a risk for my switch(brick?).
Please if you can answer.
Thank a lot for your help

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
The tinfoil version 1.55:
Fixed "Failed to register NCA" error that some people receieved with XCI installs.
1)If i understand,if i use 4nxci to convert the nsp,i will not get nca failed?
2)Goldeaf with goldtree,i didn't get signature failed.only the transfer is fast on tinfoil.
Goldeaf verify nca signature?
3)the nca verification failed is a risk for my switch(brick?).
Please if you can answer.
Thank a lot for your help

Goldleaf does not verify signatures, it will happily install anything whether its modified or not, and not warn you.

New Tinfoi lis the only thing that verifies the software is safe. All XCI conversions will produce an invalid NCA. The only way to safely install an XCI, is with Tinfoil's built in XCI installer.

Yes, any software that has invalid NCA headers has been modified and may brick your system.

Reactions: Gordifas

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
specifying a directory , and using a file picker to select a file are pretty much the same thing.

you do not HAVE to name files a certain way to work with nut. If you change the protocol to nutfs or usbfs, nut will serve all files like a FTP server. Its better if you name them correctly, but you do not have to.

I don’t know how to be more clear. When you open Goldfoil, you are immediately prompted to select a file to install. That’s it. Easy. Right after selecting the file, the Goldleaf app on the Switch asks you to confirm the install and the install begins.

It appears that the files need to be named a certain way, in that Nut doesn’t show you the files in the list view unless they are named a certain way. Which causes confusion.

Nut has you do more things. It’s designed to serve up files to be selected on Switch, which is more complex than Goldleaf/Goldfoil. It’s more powerful, more capable, but harder to use.

Last edited by blahblah,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know how to be more clear. When you open Goldfoil, you are immediately prompted to select a file to install. That’s it. Easy. Right after selecting the file, the Goldleaf app on the Switch asks you to confirm the install and the install begins.

It appears that the files need to be named a certain way, in that Nut doesn’t show you the files in the list view unless they are named a certain way.

Nut has you do more things. It’s designed to serve up files to be selected on Switch, which is more complex than Goldleaf/Goldfoil.

You are confused, the files can be named anything as long as they end with .nsp, you just have to browse for them in the file browser. They wont show up under new games, etc because they cant be indexed unless named properly. But goldleaf doesnt index the files anyway so nothing lost there.

Personally, I think its less complex to set your NSP folder once, that have to pick a NSP file every time you want to install.

Gordifas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow you are the best.thank youuu.now i don't know why i converted xci to nsp.i didn't know.i just install xci on atmosphere using tinfoil 1.55.

Thank a lot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You were my trimmer