NBC and Time Warner inform Apple they'll be sticking to Flash.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Vidboy10, May 28, 2010.

1. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    [​IMG]
    Source

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Awesome. Suck on that, Apple!

3. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    That's what you get for being greedy, Apple!
    I bet the only reason that the iPad doesn't support flash is that Apple wouldn't make money oof the Appstore anymore if they made Flash support for it, since everyone would just play Falsh games instead of buying apps.

4. Sonic4Ever

Member Sonic4Ever GBAtemp Regular

France
    No.

Apple, along with numerous parties, stated that Flash evolved into a resource-heavy third party extension, and that it gets even worse every release.
    Thus, many are trying to create a similar solution (Microsoft Silverlight), and others are trying to get rid of it almost entirely (Youtube HTML5).

5. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't entirely agree. Most consumers don't even realise that flash is resource heavy and Apple knows this, so it is all about money in the end. Let's face it, most people buy a mac/ipod/iphone cause of the name. They even think to ask themselves whether or not they can get a better device.

6. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Right. When I was a stupid person, I would jump on the bandwagon and get things my friends have. While I will admit that the iPod line-up is a very good portable music device, it doesn't have drag an drop (iTunes is very clunky, and it saps quite a bit of my Computer's resources). It's true that Adobe probably makes an inferior version of flash for Apple. While the PC (having more Users with most of the market share) gets the good flash. All Apple wants to do is try to steal the market share from Adobe, and get more money for Apple. Simple big business tactics. If Apple really wanted to provide users with flash they would simply produce wads of cash, but no that wouldn't do. :/

7. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States

i'm sick of that argument. you realize the app store has a ton of free apps. if it's a free game in flash it can also be a free game in the app store in C++ and run more efficiently. in fact it costs apple more to have the free games in the app store but they rather have them there so that it is guaranteed to run better than a flash game.

if it was really just about money, apple would allow crappy software like flash to run down batteries and be able to sell replacement hardware. a ompany like sony would jump on that bandwagon in no time.