GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Today, EA Sports announced that they have officially cancelled NBA Elite 11. The NBA Elite series was supposed to be the successor to the NBA Live series, in an attempt by EA to attack the stranglehold 2K Games has on the basketball videogame scene with their NBA 2K series. The game was delayed in September, with EA Sports president Peter Moore stating concern of its gameplay polish. There was a widely publicized glitch in a leaked copy of NBA Elite 11, which had a player standing "like Jesus" in the center court (warning: some NSFW language). The glitch was probably the key indication that NBA Elite 11 was flawed and was in need of a delay.

"Future development of that franchise will be handled at EA Tiburon in Orlando," says EA COO John Schappert, which places the NBA Elite series' fate in the hands of the Madden developers.

The only NBA game from Electronic Arts this year will be NBA Jam, already released for Wii, and heading to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later this year. The most recent 2K basketball game, NBA 2K11, received widespread critical acclaim of being one of, if not the best, sports games ever made.

Kotaku

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's just NBA live with a new name
I never like the NBA live series
so this does not effect me in anyway
2K is superior in every way when compared to live

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nutella said:
It wasn't a very good game anyway. I don't know why anyone considered it better than 2k11.
QUOTE(RoMee @ Nov 2 2010, 11:16 PM) it's just NBA live with a new name
I never like the NBA live series
so this does not effect me in anyway
2K is superior in every way when compared to live

It may be a better game now, but how hard do you think they'll try next time with no competition? All sports games need competition or all you get is the same every year with a new line up. Look at PES vs FIFA, sometimes Pro Evo is better, others FIFA is.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Boy, this must be an embarrassing spectacle for EA.

Honestly, I wasn't going to bother with this anyway. I've been rooting for EA's sports franchises lately. But NBA 2K11 was just so darn delicious that I needed nothing more to satisfy my basketball cravings.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always wished they would make a DS basketball game. I don't mean a silly one like Mario 3on3, but a more serious B-ball game. I wonder if they ever even tried....

It's kinda funny, I don't actually care for playing real basketball, but it was always my favorite sports video game to play.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
It may be a better game now, but how hard do you think they'll try next time with no competition? All sports games need competition or all you get is the same every year with a new line up. Look at PES vs FIFA, sometimes Pro Evo is better, others FIFA is.
It's not like Live, oh I'm sorry, Elite, was any good competition to begin with. The demo was seriously god awful. I know what you mean, but I don't see this as the end of NBA games from EA. It.s just they aren't releasing one THIS year.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
nutella said:
cwstjdenobs said:
It's not like Live, oh I'm sorry, Elite, was any good competition to begin with. The demo was seriously god awful. I know what you mean, but I don't see this as the end of NBA games from EA. It.s just they aren't releasing one THIS year.
Exactly. It's a one year break to sit out and replan their course of action. 2K did the exact same thing with their hockey franchise, they took a break on the HD consoles this year because NHL 10 absolutely destroyed NHL 2K10 in every single aspect really. The sad part though was that the NBA Elite series, which would've kicked off a 'new era' of EA's basketball, had its first title of this refreshed franchise cancelled. They basically took a step out on the wrong foot and messed up before they even got the first title out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all