Navy Ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Elfeckin, Oct 12, 2007.

Oct 12, 2007

Navy Ds by Elfeckin at 10:05 PM (2,126 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Elfeckin
    OP

Member Elfeckin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK so my girlfriends birthday is coming up and ive been meaning to get her a navy ds...ok well the real deal is that i own a black ds lite and the navy one will be for me and she gets the black one..it works out for both of us, her favorite color is black and mine is blue...so i guess essentially i was curios as to where i can purchase said navy ds lite...im bound to check ebay but was seeing if anyone knew of another place...if needed to know im in the US..thanks

\m/ (d_b) \m/

2. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    You no get blue DS in Amerika. You are be get Blue DS in Japan.

3. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    perhaps you can get a shell, like the shock cases, i'm pretty sure they have a blue one, other than the artic blue, but anyways, ebay isn't the safest, ill see if i can get it.

This way, you can get a new ds for yourself, and put the shell on your ds, that way you aren't ripped off by a guy on ebay!

Edit: http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/search.html try that!

4. Elfeckin
    OP

United States
    wait so if i get the navy asian ds lite i cant play ntsc games on it? even if i have a slot 1 device? hmm not a bad idea about the shell swapping..ill take a look into that..

5. Slippy

Newcomer Slippy Advanced Member

United States
    The DS is not region specific. Any DS can play any game from any region. NTSC refers to a tv format used in the US and Japan (and probably other areas as well)

6. Elfeckin
    OP

United States
    sorry i ment to say US games...so essentially are you telling me i can purchase an asian navy DS lite and coupled with a slot 1 device the gf can finally have her own DS to play on?

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Yes, you can.

Which slot 1 are you gonna get? Cuz right now all the rage is about the R4 and the CycloDS Evo.

8. Elfeckin
    OP

United States
    Haven't thought it all the way through on the slot 1 device...knowing me i'm going to read a few reviews from this site and take it from there...i have a m3 lite and a passcard for my black DS...seeing as i'm the one who plays gba games there is no need for me to get any such slot 2 device for her...

9. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    $178.98 at renchi.com. I've always had good experiences with them.

10. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    I'm guessing you don't know much about flashcarts? There is NO rage for neither Cyclo nor R4. If we are a somebody who knows somebody who knows people, you can snicker to yourself about the Acekard RPG.

11. Elfeckin
    OP

United States
    ok so pretty much i should be going for what slot 1 device?

12. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I bought one from Play-Asia.com and when it broke, I could not return it (it cost 125 dollars to ship from US to Japan!).

But, if you're set on a Navy DS Lite. Buy the Shock case and, unless you're experienced at taking them apart, ask for professional help (as, taking the NDS Lite apart is a pain in the ass).

13. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    www.superufo.com is probably cheaper for importing DS'

14. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Oh my god this thread is full of fanboy "buy the cart I've got!" idiots [​IMG] Try reading the reviews as a starting point to see which one sounds good to you, then check out the individual cart forums to get an idea of the common problems with each one. Very few people have tried more than one of the carts so it's hard to get an accurate comparison by just asking.

As for the Navy DS, fitting a shock! case will void the warranty so it might be worth waiting until the DS is over a year old (nothing to lose then [​IMG])

15. WB3000

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Except a good DS Lite [​IMG] They're not to hard to take apart, but I've never gotten very deep into one.

16. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Honestly, I don't see the point of changing the case.
    There's always a chance of fucking your DS Lite up.

You should keep your DS as it is, it's not jewelry - it's a handheld video game console.

17. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    I may sound bias cuz I own an R4 and its the only Slot 1 I have, but get an R4. Its easy to set up and is a good flash cart for people that are dubbed 'noobs'. But its a good starter flash cart, IMO.

18. F34R

Member F34R GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since the OP asked about which slot 1 device to get, I'm going to suggest the R4 as well. I've only ever used at SuperKey/SuperCard SD combo other than my R4, so I can't give any comparison details between the R4 and other slot 1 devices. I just purchased my second R4 for my Crimson/Black DSLite, so I had the option to check them all out before making this purchase. Out of them all, I chose the R4 because of it's great compatibility, great support, price, ease of use, and experience with the product.

I'm certainly not a fanboy, and given the chance to work with another slot 1 device, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Since I didn't want to take the chance of not being happy with something else though, I went with another R4.

19. Elfeckin
    OP

United States
    thanks for the advice...i shall look into a few more reviews and form my own opinion...as i do for most things anyways...as for the case idea with getting a new cover....not a bad idea, even if it doesn't say DS i can still have my gf paint something on it as shes a phenomenal artist....

20. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    There are all positive and negative aspects of each homebrew device. I really depends on what features one whats. There are options between slot 2 vs slot 1, external vs internal memory, and features vs compatibility. As people have stated before do some research find out what features you want and make your own decision.