1. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    It was 90% "critics" and 10% players. Even If you could vote for or against the game, your vote would mean little to nothing.

2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    While I get what you're coming from to a certain extent, it's all about boiling the frog.

MK9: Mostly complete game with basically everyone from the original trilogy. 1 pack of DLC featuring a horror movie guest at a time when reboots/remakes are popular, the best character from the 3D era MK games, the one ninja from the OG trilogy that didn't make it into the game, and a female ninja based on a rumor from back in the day.

MKX: Half of the DLC is guests, and the MK characters are on offer are done well. Also, have to pay up for Goro if you didn't buy the XL version (I think) because you didn't pre-order.

MK11: Here's 23 characters at launch if you didn't pre-order for Shao Kahn, and here's what's essentially 2 packs of 6 DLC characters that, if you bought the packs separately because you got suckered into buying the game at launch, you're looking at $100+, and possibly more on the way if leaks and rumors about what's coming are to be believed.

3. elk1007

elk1007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Last of Us 2's script tries to be "woke" and comes off as insincere. Nobody cares about Ellie's sexuality, just like no one wants to watch gays parade naked in the streets. Keep sexual politics out of video games!

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I think that's more a criticism of DLC, not a criticism of censorship.

5. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    Fastest selling PS4 game, records shattered, sales through the roof, PS4 consoles flying for those wanting to play the it.

I’m gonna wager that Naughty Dog and Sony see this as their golden goose now, and Druckmann’s promotion is a result of him printing dumpster trucks of money.

Did a lot of players hate it? Yeah.

But it proved that even with people knowing the ending before release, they still wanted to play the game. They wanted to experience it, and to support it. That’s success when failure seemed likely.

The real test of whether this promotion worked or not will be ND’s games sales in the future.

6. Silent_Gunner

United States
    I was more demonstrating the frog coming to boil in terms of DLC, and how it starts out with one small thing of censorship, and then it'll eventually ramp up.

I don't think you want the only Switch game that people are legally allowed to play without it affecting one's social credit score to be New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe!

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    That's literally a slippery slope fallacy. You don't want to be the company that publishes games with prepubescent girls in compromising outfits/positions, not in this climate.

To be fair, I myself stopped playing a chapter or two into the second half, the character didn't resonate with me at all. Neither does the message of the game, to be perfectly honest. I am totally Team Ellie, she's 100% in the right. The game flipped every lesson that TLOU taught us on its head, and not in a good way. It just feels awkward in execution. Great gameplay and awesome tech on the aging hardware, but it could've been better.

zfreeman and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  8. Silent_Gunner

United States
    It's not even that; I remember there was an uproar when Nier: Automata was coming out about 2B and her..."self-destruct" ability, and Yoko Taro responded like, "I like beautiful women" or something to that effect and asked for fanart submissions of 2B, and seeing as they're releasing the Platinum remake of the first Nier, I don't think the game failed to sell because the creator stood his ground and didn't bend the knee to what is honestly a vocal minority.

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    There's a difference between public uproar and a company telling you what can and can't be published on their platform, which is the subject. You can ignore the public - people who don't like it can just not buy it. If Sony says you can't publish something, nobody gets to buy it because it doesn't get released at all. Thankfully they seem perfectly sensible in their censorship.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  10. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    I wasn’t even ever a big TLOU fan and I was let down by the story. To be fair, I only watched, not played, mostly because I’ve never liked ND games’ gameplay. But yeah, not a fan of where that plot went.

zfreeman and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  11. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Those are fighting words. You can dislike Uncharted, that's fair, it's just make Lara Croft, but do not sully the memory of Saint Joel, patron saint of wooden boards with nails and tin can grenades.

RobvonBothmer likes this.
  12. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    TLOU is probably the best they’ve done and I didn’t mind it, but after 4 Uncharteds that put me to sleep, no thanks ND.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  13. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Germany
    no, it was 100% fan voted. youre thinking of the game awards

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you couldnt make a more homophobic comment if you tried. "sexual politics" jesus christ you people....

greasehoot and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  14. DerpDingus

DerpDingus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    how is not wanting dicks flap around your face homophobic?

Urcent_flame likes this.
  15. ut2k4master

Germany
    how is not wanting to see only same gender couples show affection to each other homophobic, oh i wonder. you can keep your strawman

greasehoot and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  16. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    It's not about the site, it's about the loud (and aggressive) minority that is so much commited to this kind of votes, that made the game win in the first place. Regular people just play games that are fun (which TLoU2 is not) and usually don't care about such things. No need to set a clock for obvious things.

17. elk1007

elk1007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    BDSM exists and is completely consensual. I am not afraid of BDSM and I believe in everyone's right to practice it.
    I don't want to see BDSM in TLoU2, either.

If it were just Ellie being gay, it would seem sincere and normal. People are regularly gay in society.
    It's the purpose of her being gay that matters. Ellie was made gay to appeal to a 'woke' audience.

Lev is transgender because that's so common in post apocalyptic United States.
    Dina is a bisexual Jew because she's competing for the most oppression points.
    Abby is yoked as fuck because womyn can do anything men can.

None of these characters are believable; they are part of an agenda to degrade straight men.

Last edited by elk1007, Dec 6, 2020
    zfreeman, Urcent_flame and tpax like this.
  18. ut2k4master

Germany
    you have problems

19. DerpDingus

DerpDingus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The pot calling the kettle black

Urcent_flame and mangaTom like this.
  20. CPG

CPG good morning.

Canada
    misread druckmann as drunk man lol

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Druckmann, promoting, president