Naughty Dog delays 'The Last of Us Part II'

TLOU II.JPG
Initially planned for a February 2020 release, the highly anticipated title from Naughty Dog, The Last of Us Part II, has been pushed back a few months. Neil Druckmann, the game's director, made the official announcement via a post on PlayStation Blog today.

"It was during the last few weeks, as we were closing out sections of the game, that we realized we simply didn’t have enough time to bring the entire game up to a level of polish we would call Naughty Dog quality," writes Druckmann. "At this point we were faced with two options: compromise parts of the game or get more time. We went with the latter, and this new release date allows us to finish everything to our level of satisfaction while also reducing stress on the team."

The new release date for The Last of Us Part II is May 29, 2020. You can read Neil Druckmann's full blog post in the source below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, maybe $ony should fund smaller games instead of huge blockbuster titles. That way they games would actually come out on time and we would have better games.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm, maybe $ony should fund smaller games instead of huge blockbuster titles. That way they games would actually come out on time and we would have better games.
You won't get a better game than this next year so yeh delay is bolox but when the time comes we will appreciate it

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Delays are OK if the game ends up good.
I am sure I was not that desperate to get it on February, I can wait three more months.

PS: In the other hand, dear Nintendo... what's going on with Metroid Prime 4?

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ubisoft delays Watch Dogs Legion, Gods & Monsters and Rainbow Six Quarantine

Games slip from early next year to July-December 2020 launch windows
Ubisoft also says titles will be “optimised for the next generation of consoles”

Hmm, it’s all adding up... others are following suit.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of these comments are beyond stupidity. And can people please stop using that dumb latest buzz word I see 1,000x a day...."woke"? People that use buzzwords all the time come across as nothing but edge lords. Kinda like how I'm coming across as one writing my own stupid post. :lol::lol::lol:

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And anyone who's pissed off with the delays of a few triple AAA games let's not forget tomorrow we hav the outer worlds to enjoy

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Bet This Keeps Getting Bounced Back Until PS5
Seems likely. It will create a big reason to upgrade to a PS5. It's not like these companies are not above doing things like that. Like when Nintendo delayed Breath of the wild and also got rid of the gamepad's inventory management because of the Switch.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, can you really hold it against them when their games turn out as good as they do? You can't rush perfection, folks.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really does beggar belief when users not interested in a game post in it- is it just to get their post count up if so how sad

Excuse me, but did someone piss in your cereal this morning? I'm entitled to my opinions and I can post what I want, don't like it, that's none of your concern. No need to a be a conceited punk about it.

Reactions: VirgilMobile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1