Natsume Announces US Harvest Moon for the 3DS & DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Donald Serrot, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Donald Serrot
    OP

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG]

Earlier today Natsume made the announcement on their Facebook page about the upcoming game coming to both the DS and the 3DS. It is quite possible that this is a US release for the Harvest Moon: Twin Villages DS game that came out in Japan last Summer. Natsume gave no other news about what is different between the 3DS and DS versions but did say they would have "exciting news" about the games at E3.
    [​IMG] Source.

I for one am excited about this. From what I've heard Twin Villages is in the same style as Grand Bazaar featuring a rivalry between two mayors and their villages as well as adding in a few new animals to take care of. I wonder what's up with the DS/3DS versions though, it's an interesting move to make. It reminds me of the whole GC/Wii Twilight Princess thing.

2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Eh, I will wait for Animal Crossing I think. I didn't mind Harvest Moon at one point, but Animal Crossing has some things about it that are fun to play. We shall see I guess, if the reviews are good I might pick it up. I liked Rune Factory, if it has that style of play in it again I will consider it.

3. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    I prefer rune factory but this will do till then......will the main character actually look like a guy...Looking at their track record I'm seeing a big Fuck no!

Oh well.....you can't have everything I suppose....

4. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I love Harvest Moon. Can't wait for it. I'm wondering on design though what with the 3d effect and whether it will be in a 3-dimensional landscape or more of a 2d landscape.

5. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I'm going to bet they meant the game will be compatible with both DS and 3DS when they said it's going to be available for both.

Anyway, I will be picking this one up. The graphics look somewhat RF inspired instead of their usual cartoonish style.

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    they say twin villages is the next best after FoMT (i mean matches quality). The graphics (environment) are really well done. Mining has changed to become simpler and the theme has changed over grand bazaar.

the interesting thing to check out is the 3DS version. I wonder how well they will do the 3D cuz that will be a great playing factor (besides the all important gameplay)

7. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    Twin Villages is the best Harvest Moon Game on the NDS right now.

(Well RF3 has the best mechanics but it doesn't really focus on farming much so idk) but yeah glad to see this finally being released!

Here's a trailer:

[youtube]LVr7AeRI5L0[/youtube]

[​IMG]