Hacking Native FIRM downgrade questions

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am about to buy a jap lime new 3ds xl and a quick look at the 3dshacks subreddit shows that it will arive with 10.7 . Idon't have any Japanese exploit games and as browser hax doesn't work on 10.7 I'm curious if browser hax will work again if I do the hardmod native firm downgrade as I would pefer to not buy an expensive exploit game and am capable of hardmoding the system.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the native firm downgrade will not help, that just allows 11.0 to be downgraded, you still need a exploit game to downgrade on 10.7 or 11.0(after the native_firm downgrade)

but if the console is brand new i doubt it will be on 10.7 yet, afaik the highest reported stock FW is 10.3, (although i guess newer FW versions would be more likely on newer variants)

worst case you could probably borrow a sky3ds card from someone or buy one then resell it once you are downgraded, would probably be easier to resell than a JPN game

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: suparnemo
D

Deleted User

You'll still need a cartridge to exploit even if you hard-mod downgrade.

There's sadly several consoles now that have 10.7 :( (reddit has a good list)
I've had several N3DS XL Blacks from a local retailer that have been 10.7 out of the box. (QW1160+) for the US.

I've seen at least one Monster Hunter N3DS is on 11 as well.

Last edited by ,

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when you do the Native firm downgrade, you can't use browserhax or anything still. You need a cart-based exploit.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Probably OOT, it's like $20 at gamestop, or cubic ninja if your GS has those.
except he needs a Japanese version, he will probably have to look online unless he has a lot of luck and there is a independent store that specializes in having japanese games local to him

personally i would guess he would find a old blue button sky3ds easier than a Japanese exploit game

Last edited by gamesquest1,

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except he needs a Japanese version, he will probably have to look online unless he has a lot of luck and there is a independent store that specializes in having japanese games local to him

Ouch, totally forgot about that. He's gonna need to order it then :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Looks like Basehaxx would be my best bet as OOT is around 50+ dollars
do you have a second already exploited system to install basehaxx? if not i suggest you just look for a blue button sky3ds, they can be had pretty cheap now and means you have access to any of the primary exploits or even secondary exploits without the need to extra tools like the powersaves (which im pretty sure doesnt work on japanese games unless you get a japanese version)

basically getting a sky3ds would probably be cheaper and easier in the long run

that said, just wait till your console arrives and see what FW it comes on before rushing out to buy more stuff

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a second already exploited system to install basehaxx? if not i suggest you just look for a blue button sky3ds, they can be had pretty cheap now and means you have access to any of the primary exploits or even secondary exploits without the need to extra tools like the powersaves (which im pretty sure doesnt work on japanese games unless you get a japanese version)

basically getting a sky3ds would probably be cheaper and easier in the long run

that said, just wait till your console arrives and see what FW it comes on before rushing out to buy more stuff

If he gets a lime console, there's like a 90% chance of it being 10.7 AFAIK. But yes this makes a lot of sense. Sky3ds will be easiest, that way you can do things like use ninja hax since it's probably the easiest primary exploit. OOThax and basehaxx are both secondary and erquire access to another console.

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oot3d is only 20 dollars.
Not too shabby for piracy on current Gen handheld
If you have any access to homebrew launcher (or a friend who can) you can install oothax on it .

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oot3d is only 20 dollars.
Not too shabby for piracy on current Gen handheld
If you have any access to homebrew launcher (or a friend who can) you can install oothax on it .
The American copy is only $20 but the Japanese copy is around $50 as it has not had a rerelease

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized I could probably update to 11.0 download the smash demo do the native firm downgrade and use smash hax to get to homebrew

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized I could probably update to 11.0 download the smash demo do the native firm downgrade and use smash hax to get to homebrew
Nope the Smash demo is patched

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, don't update. I know you can hardmod, but don't bother if you don't have to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM