• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,329
  • Replies 7
  • Likes 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Scientists at NASA headquarters confirmed in a press conference that it will be impossible for humans to play Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand for the Game Boy Advance after the Sun dies.
Boktai games for the gba use a light sensor on the cartridge which measures light exposure.
“We’ve known for a while that the Sun is expected to run out of hydrogen and helium in about 5 billion years, effectively wiping out all natural life on Earth,” said researcher Dr. Kelly Masterson, displaying a slideshow graphic illustrating how the absence of sunlight will impact crops, ecosystems, and special translucent Game Boy Advance cartridges equipped with light sensors.

“What we’ve been able to confirm in addition to these facts is that the eventual absence of sunlight will also render copies of Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand by Konami totally unplayable once players are unable to gather sunlight into Django’s Gun del Sol to kill the vampires in the game.”

Masterson noted with an air of humor that, although today’s humans won’t deal with this problem directly, this new information shows in vivid detail all of the ways the death of the sun will immediately impact life on Earth.

“Certainly, most humans will perish once the Sun dies, but the lucky ones who are able to burrow underground and subsist on heat from the Earth’s core will need a lot of video games to pass the time.
We hope that our research will enable our descendants to prepare ahead of time and not be disappointed to discover that their Boktai cartridges are useless.”

Source:https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/...le-to-play-boktai-anymore-after-the-sun-dies/

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair Boktai was rendered near unplayable the moment the GBA SP came out, putting the cart upside down and screwing over the sensor because your hands were in the way.

And these days the only GBA gaming is emulated anyway.

And Boktai was never playable in the UK even though it got a UK release because sunlight was always a foreign concept to us Brits.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh noes, look at Nintendo being so anti-consumer! They should immediately assure us that in the event the Sun dies, they will immediately deploy a replacement sun rather than deprive the world of their legitimately-purchased software for even a moment!

Why, I even heard the Switch is subject to entropy and will not survive the heat-death of the universe! As if joycon-drift wasn't enough!?

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
the only thing that'll last forever is a fuckin nokia 3310, that shit will live until heat death, 10^100 years

that's any time around the year 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

or so

Reactions: Ricken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?