• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,234
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Space.com has been told that NASA is likely to reveal a set of ambitious goals now that Obama has been re-elected.

Assuming that the rumored plans are indeed true, the next twenty to thirty years of space exploration might play out like a real-life Carl Sagan fantasy. Items on the rumored docket include: more manned missions to the moon, a manned outpost on the far side of the moon, a mission sending astronauts to an asteroid by 2025, and the commencement of manned missions to Mars by the mid-2030s.

In 2010, President Obama directed NASA to work toward sending astronauts to a near-Earth asteroid by 2025, then on to the vicinity of Mars by the mid-2030s. To reach such deep-space destinations, the agency is developing a huge rocket called the Space Launch System (SLS) and a crew capsule named Orion.

NASA officials think they can pull off such manned missions without busting their budget, which stands at $17.7 billion in the proposed 2013 federal budget.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...end_men_to_the_moon_an_asteroid_and_mars.html

iK4kFjQEzIhhX.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck the economy, I want a Moonbase!

I can see Obama being less like other Presidents and being more risky in his second term.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Like Obamacare, it's great, but I don't feel that the US can afford it at the moment.. Don't get me wrong, Obama > Romney by quite a large margin IMO, and this is great news, I love space exploration, but I'm afraid that it'll just pull the US further in debt, and the rest of the world along with it.

Meh, who cares, it's a fucking moon base.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Like Obamacare, it's great, but I don't feel that the US can afford it at the moment.. Don't get me wrong, Obama > Romney by quite a large margin IMO, and this is great news, I love space exploration, but I'm afraid that it'll just pull the US further in debt, and the rest of the world along with it.

Meh, who cares, it's a fucking moon base.

Most likely it'll end up being an international operation like the ISS, which was too expensive for one country alone, but was possible with help and money from multiple nations.

"To infinity and beyond!"

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But we owe china trillions of dollars. Does he plan on selling them the rights to any technology made in the process of said exploration?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But we owe china trillions of dollars. Does he plan on selling them the rights to any technology made in the process of said exploration?

No offense, but regardless of what you think of China or Obama, China just cannot take all the loans back in one go. And it's not like Obama's the one producing stuff in China. It's, you know, the American companies among others. Also even though the country could be said to own part of the US already, it just cannot stop loaning money and the US cannot stop loaning money (at least at the moment).

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
They decided to run a space race alone. At least they will be the winner this time for sure.

I do not doubt of the NASA discoveries, but, it is just good to work on NASA administration, they say "there is liquid water on a ANY-CODE-000-PLANTET" and gov give them money, after that they say that they need to catch some martian radio signal, to defend the earth and stuff, and the gov put even more money. And a lot of other stuffs like diamond planets, and mysterious lights floating around, everything can be used to get more and more money.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back