Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy heading to PS4/X1/PC

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by chavosaur, Apr 10, 2017.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC

Coming soon to a platform near you, you can enjoy the entirety of the Naruto's ninja legacy in this collection of the Naruto Ninja Storm games!

The legacy collection will launch as a compilation of all 4 Ninja storm games in one bundle as a physical copy on PS4/XBOX ONE, and Digitally on PC. There will also be a trilogy compilation of the first 3 games for those that already own the newly released Ninja Storm 4 on current platforms. The trilogy will be digital only.

You can show everyone your Ninja Way later this fall.

TheVinAnator, Riyaz, Jhnsn and 3 others like this.
  2. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Yes. YES!

I was considering collection the PS3 versions of NUNS 1, 2, and 3, but then I saw that amazon has a UNS Trilogy pack for PS3. But now I am glad I did not purchase that because now I can get this. UNS4 was great. But I would love to get the condensed whole story in a few sittings.

Darkyose and chavosaur like this.
  3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So this the year of compilation games? Seem like it. :huh:

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Here's hoping there is online play added to storm 1. That's the main storm game that i care about. Wish it was a collection of the original ps2 ultimate ninja series though.

Last edited by cvskid, Apr 10, 2017
    Darkyose and Attila13 like this.
  5. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Mh I absolutely love games where you can just spam a combo attack and win!

Darkyose likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So anyone interested in this game though? I think it could be worth a play. :)

Darkyose likes this.
  7. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Shallow games, sadly. Good graphics of course, but the gameplay can't keep up and is basically a better rock, paper, scissors. I loved 2 so much. :-)

Darkyose likes this.
  8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Awesome. Thanks for the news. Just check on Google.. There is the source information. Nice!

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Apr 10, 2017
  9. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Rock, paper, scissors? Sound like mega- I mean "Rock" man games.... or alex kidd. "JAN-KEN-PON" :P

No wait there many games using a "Rock-paper-scissors" formula for is game play, or in most cases called the triangle system. Then again, namco makes most games based on it that are fighting games right? like Tekken. :creep:

Bimmel likes this.
  10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Why no Switch release? C'mon!

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Cause namco don't think nintendo deserves another game since pokken. :creep:

Or i mean i dunno, this seem like a huge game, it probably can't fit on switch carts, from a source i heard say max limit is 32GB, is probably larger, considering is 4 games into one, in 1080P with tons of dlc loaded in right? No way all that is lower than 32GB, i mean maybe if is downgraded to 720P? :unsure:

lordelan likes this.
  12. Bimmel

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I think these games make it just kind to obvious and have no real depth once you got into the basics. It's more like "Which character can spam the most annoying attack over and over again?" For Naruto Storm 2 it was, surprise, Narutos sage form and the flying Rasen Shuriken.

Wantija, DarthDub, cvskid and 2 others like this.
  13. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    The console is still new, there isnt a big enough market for third party games yet.

14. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well yeah, is a common problem among most fighting game people who feel like that. Because to someone watching, it appears to be button mashing game instead of actual thought, tactics and other strategies to win.

the Rock paper scissor or "Triangle system" in a game is perhaps a bit more than just button mashing, for example like virtual fighter, was the first game to use simple fighting game rules of 3 attacks, punch, kick and throw. They all work in a formula of knowing which move beats which move? Just like megaman, you beat a boss with the weakness you get after beating one boss. You have to know which attack will work against your enemy in each situation.

Fast, weak attacks will beat a slow strong attack, that how most games that is 2d like street fighter work. In 3d, like dead or alive you have this. As you see below it has strikes (punch and kick) Throws (Grapples) and holds (Parry and counters) In this case is about knowing that Punch and kicks > Throws > Holds > Punch and kicks > Repeat. :P

[​IMG]

Each game has similar style of the triangle system (Which is why the image above looks like a triangle... or recycle symbol :P ) But Naruto to many people seem like those 2D brawling games, like Double dragon, River city ransom, Streets of Rage, Final fight, Guardian heroes, Code of Princess, Senran Kagura. Etc.

But i mean they tried to keep it easy for many new players and add SOMETHING to make it challenging to veteran players. Is hard to explain complexity of fighting games in general but I see what you mean about it. So i'm not saying you're wrong. Is all matter of perspective and opinion. You have a good one, i didn't know you knew or like fighting games. :)

zezzo, lordelan and Bimmel like this.
  15. Bimmel

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    That's a good explanation. Thanks! :-)

Well, I played more in the past. But as beloved series like Soul Calibur or Toshinden lost more and more in quality, I stopped and moved to other genres. One game I would recommend to you if you like fighting games is Skullgirls. (If you can handle the boob factor. ;-P)

lordelan likes this.
  16. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I still play Soul Calibur II (with Link) on my Wii U (Nintendont) very often and it still rocks! :)

Bimmel likes this.
  17. SilverWah

SilverWah Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    Netherlands
    So is this the best way to experience the anime? I only watched original Naruto and a few episodes of Shippuden so far.

18. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe you didn't see this part. :P

If you know anything about the name, it speaks for itself. :creep:

Yes i'm, accustomed to "Boob factor" in fighting games, and I own skull girls for ps3, psvita ps4 and PC. So you don't have to worry me. I'm perfectly capable mature adult. ^_^

Question on my mind is how such a feline like you would find appeal to these kinds of games enough to suggest such a game? That what i wonder now. :rolleyes:

In Skull girls...

19. Bimmel

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Lol.. I forgot about these boobs to be honest. In my head it's documented under beach volleyball. : P

So you're well prepared and informed. Nice and good to have you here! :)

Why this game? Hm.. because it has these fluid animations and the gameplay is easy to learn, but hard(er) to master. You can see if someone's done their homework.
    And not only that: Michiru Yamane, famous for her Castlevania soundtracks, is the main composer for the game. Something to hear, something to see and something to play - what could you want more? ;)

I only played 1, 2 and 3 - but as far as I can tell I would stick to the anime. The games tell not the whole story and the developers have allowed themselves to alter the story in some little points.

20. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah i know of the soundtrack, the game was originally published by konami when it first was released, before being the update re releases of the games. No surprise there, and my homework is well done, as you can tell from the spoiler, concerning a specific individual Ms.valentines... assets. (Don't call me a perv, Lord Jariya calls it homework as well :P)

Besides the fact is based on game like marvel vs capcom series with is tag battle system, 6 button fighting game like street fighter instead of 4 like most games, has over 1,000 frames of hand drawn sprite animation for each character in the game which is currently the world record holder for that category, very helpful and useful tutorial, and some, the fan art was also added to the game, as well as credit by indiegogo backers, my homework is pretty much complete. Unless you want a more discreet info to confirm this. :creep:

Only thing left to do is learn how to play, have fun with it and maybe find some people to play with. :)

Also yes, Dead or live extreme beach volley ball exist and while advertised as volley ball game is a bit more than just volley ball, not that volley ball game in that is bad or anything but is more to the game than it lets on on the surface. :P

Bimmel likes this.