Naruto GC (US) series on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mustnap, Mar 16, 2007.

1. mustnap
    OP

mustnap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2007
    United States
    I'm wondering here, i burned the Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 on a DVD+R (memorex) and just like the japanese version (like what people said), i managed to get to the fighting screen and then it says error. I thought the problem with naruto games is because of the region lock but what i used was the US version.

Is there any way to play naruto on Wii (with Wiikey)?

I'm a bit disappointed because i bought Wii thinking that i can play Naruto games.. =(

Anyone managed to play backup naruto games on their Wii?? (or the original one)

I have not tried GCOS yet (i do not know how to use it) so if anyone managed to play Naruto, let me know.

2. wii_ownz

wii_ownz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    it works as a snap, no problems with all my backups of gc naruto games, both jap and us version. I have a wiikey which I tested yesterday after installing.

try different media, dvd-r works better I think than dvd+r.

3. Kaphis

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    can you let us know what you did exactly..like what chip..was it 1:1 burn? did you use GCOS?

4. wii_ownz

wii_ownz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    this was burnt a long time ago, in the days of the gc. using mini ritekg04s.

wiikey, maybe the first batch, it was a 1:1 copy of the original. no gcos.

5. Kaphis

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    alright I will try this one and confirm later on...

so wiikey + dvd-r ....

edit: what am I talking about...that was the first thing I tried >.>;; it doesn't work for me...this is weird..I got the first batch of wiikeys too...

Can you please test the actual game and not just loading it up? I also have a 1:1 backup copy of GNT4...it does not work..

6. mustnap
    OP

mustnap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2007
    United States
    here is what i got so far.. I "borrowed" my friend's Verbatim DVD-R, burned using Lite-On burner at the 6x speed. Software is Nero Express 6.6.0.19 bundled. I managed to play one game of Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 and then after the game is over, the game "hangs" and i have to reset the console.

I wonder whether i could improve the result or not.. any suggestions??

7. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas

YEA!!

I fought 2 rounds before it hanged.I wanted to play this game so bad [​IMG]

8. wii_ownz

wii_ownz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    I would like to add that I have the original gc ninja taisen games and ripped it myself.

9. mustnap
    OP

mustnap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2007
    United States
    if only i have the original Naruto Ninja Taisen 4 (my friend has it but he lives a bit far from me) then i could have tested whether the original game works on a modded Wii or not..

if i managed to get the original game, is it possible to make an image file of it? (i read somewhere that i need a modded gamecube to do so)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice