Gambia, The
Okami (PAL decrypted)

cios_fix by ppc_gba:
Wiigator 0.1 without hooktype set: green screen
Wiigator 0.1 hooktype set to GC: works
Wiigator 0.1 mod by ppc_gba: works
Waninkoko 0.1: green screen

0.3 cios NOT the retry retry fix version:
Wiigator 0.3 (without read retry fix) all hooktype settings: Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen
Wiigator 0.3 (mod by myself, all hooktype stuff removed): Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen
Wiigator 0.3(entryholder bugfix by requiem4d): Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen

In 0.1 it worked and in 0.3 it stops working. My suggestion here is, that there's a bug in the cios.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bugs corrected:
Disaster: Day of Crisis (PAL decrypted)

cios_fix by ppc_gba:
Wiigator 0.1 Hooktype set to GC: works, hangs on stage 8
Wiigator 0.1 mod by ppc_gba: works, hangs on stage 8
Waninkoko 0.1: works, even stage 8

Wiigator 0.3: works, hangs on stage 8
Wiigator 0.3(entryholder bugfix by requiem4d): works, even stage 8

Waninkoko 0.1 and Wiigator 0.1 use the same cios. ==> My suggestion is, that there's a small bug inside Wiigator's loader itself and it was there since the first version. *update*: Seems my suggestion was right, there was a small bug inside the loader

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are other games with the "Remove disc and turn off screen", do they work with the 0.1 loaders? Please add your setup of ioses, because there are people with a strange setup(247 for 0.1 and 249 for 0.3) reporting "Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen" games working and Disaster stage 8 not.

All other games: Please add if they worked with another version/loader. If a game doesn't work in any loader, please use the compatibility thread. Exception: If you have a suggestion why a certain game does't work, please post here, too.

*Update*:
Please don't post here, if you are unsure if you might have a bad burn. If you have problems with games which are reported working, post in the other thread.

Please keep all questions about, "how do i get both loaders working at the same time?"(if anyone has) in this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112885

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think for any real beta testing to happen the : Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen should be ignored all together..everyone knows that, that bug esists and also that the same error can occur with badly burnt disks or cheap media etc..withing 30 mins this thread will be filled with peope saying that : Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen error occured on xxxxx game and then next post will be well it works on mine..

for beta testing purposes i would concentrate on anything that ISNT : Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen related and occurs with everyone and not odd 1 or 2..

i'm pretty sure waninkoko/wiigator and all the new coders are working solely on fixing the : Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen andcould do without another 50 pages of it happens to me..well it doesnt hapen to me threads lol

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that a lot of people are having problems with bad burns. But i asked "do they work with the 0.1 loaders?" If anybody has a bad burn, the game won't launch in the old loaders.

The intention of this thread is to find the bugs not related to bad burns. Updated the first post.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiigator should have a look at this. This is actually a legitimate problem and this is one of the reasons he had an open beta. These games work in some loaders and don't in others.

EDIT Adding SPM to the mix:

Super Paper Mario (PAL/NTSC)

Wiigator 0.1: Slow loading obviously, tends to crash after major events (boss fights) and would perma freeze at the start of Chapter 2-3.
Waninkoko 0.1: I don't know about this one.

Wiigator 0.3: Works fine until Chapter 2-3. Unlike 0.1 it doesn't crash at the start, but rather at the end of the chapter. However pass Chapter 2-3 there are no reported issues.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Okami (PAL decrypted)

cios_fix by ppc_gba:
Wiigator 0.1 without hooktype set: green screen
Wiigator 0.1 hooktype set to GC: works
Wiigator 0.1 mod by ppc_gba: works
Waninkoko 0.1: green screen

Wiigator 0.3 (without read retry fix) all hooktype settings: Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen
Wiigator 0.3 (mod by myself, all hooktype stuff removed): Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen
Wiigator 0.3(entryholder bugfix by requiem4d): Remove disc and turn off blablabla screen

In 0.1 it worked and in 0.3 it stops working. My suggestion here is, that there's a bug in the cios.

I tried this on a fresh Wii though i did use the 'strange' setup of leaving v0.3 loader alone and using cios247 for dvdx and loader v0.1
The only thing i didnt do was install the cios_fix and i couldnt get that game working at all.
I tried it with loads of different setups and options , with GBpad and with VI and pretty much everything else and it didnt work for me at all.
As i say - the only thing i didnt try was installing cios_fix by ppc_gba on that particular Wii so i cant confirm or deny if that was the issue , but i can say that without it the game defo didnt work using any setting as i tested them all on both loaders.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@djtaz

I'm pretty sure, if you try cios_fix(with DVDx) and Wiigator 0.1(Hooktype to GC) and on a fresh wii it will work.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@djtaz

I'm pretty sure, if you try cios_fix(with DVDx) and Wiigator 0.1(Hooktype to GC) and on a fresh wii it will work.

Yea, i second that. Had Okami PAL working with cios_fix and Wiigator 0.1. Stopped working for me with 0.3 of course.

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can DEFINITIVELY say that the majority of disc read errors are NOT bugs with WiiGator's loader, but instead with the cIOS.

Pending being proven wrong, of course.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a theory:

The games with "An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off" in 0.3 are the same games which need the hooktype set to GC*update*to work with 0.1*/update*. In Okami this is ecactly the case.

Please disprove or try to prove it!

- Does anybody have a game working with 0.1 and not working with 0.3 where 0.1 does not need the hooktype set to GC and with the "An error..." screen in 0.3?
- Does anybody have a game where the hooktype needs to be set to GC with 0.1, and 0.3 working?

PS: Please don't use Wiigator 0.1 mod by ppc_gba to test this, it sets to GC automatically or does something else.
PPS: I shouldn't post in the middle of the night

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I have a theory:

The games with "An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off" in 0.3 are the same games which need the hooktype set to GC. In Okami this is ecactly the case.

Please disprove or try to prove it!

- Does anybody have a game working with 0.1 and not working with 0.3 where 0.1 does not need the hooktype set to GC and with the "An error..." screen in 0.3?
- Does anybody have a game where the hooktype needs to be set to GC with 0.1, and 0.3 working?

PS: Please don't use Wiigator 0.1 mod by ppc_gba to test this, it sets to GC automatically or does something else.

Just tested both Okami and Star Wars Force Unleashed.

Both had the hooktype set to GC, and both failed to boot. Got the "an error has occured" message.

Bones21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have MLB Power Pros 2008 works without setting the hooktype in 0.1 and not working with 0.3 with the read error just as it begins to load.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat starwars the force unleashed about a month ago. I used wanis loader v1 to play it it was patched as well. After reading this thread I decided to try it under wii gators loader v3 and I instantly get the read error.

I just tried opening it with wani's v1 and now I'm getting a subsystem error (ret = -6) this game use to work wtf , I have about 220 games I really don't wanna have to test them all. Is there a fix out there for this yet?

or can I unistall this loader and reinstall wani's ?

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pushed the plus and minus buttons to skip the intro , that atleast got me to the ring but after 2 moves , I get the ERROR , not sure if thats useful or not.

knigitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have games which work fine on a modchipped Wii booting through the original boot channel, but not on a Wii with no modchip and booking through the backup loader. NO DVD error.
frown.gif

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 0.3 fresh install, no previous loaders or cIOSes or even DVDx.
I'll do some tests as I have more media to run and see what happens.
Otherwise, A++ on what you're doing

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
de Blob.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?