OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4b25fb88.jpg

Napster, once renowed for being the epicentre for music piracy, have agreed to a music streaming deal with Nintendo of Europe to bring their streaming service to the Wii U.

The Napster Wii U app will take advantage of the Wii U's unique features. Current Napster subscribers can listen to their tunes on their Wii U whilst for others, there is a free 30 day trial.

:arrow:Source

If Nintendo can get Stage 6 and Geocities support, then this gen is over.

EDIT: Here's some more info, Napster are now owned by Rhapsody and they are known as Rhapsody in the US and rest of world. Apart from in Europe where the Napster brand is still alive.

Last edited by emigre,

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can sign up for napster and pay £1 a moth for 3 months, (10 a month after that)
quidco offering £10 cashback on new sign ups so you couldin theory be up £7 if you cancel it at 3 months

Reactions: cearp

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I didn't know Napster still existed. Why wouldn't Nintendo just go to Spotify like any sane person would think to do? I'm guessing financial reasons. Still I can't imagine this thing getting much interest, and so to that end, I must ask, why bother?
Many could say the same about the WiiU.
Behold, the perfect brand pairing. :P

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you could stream music while playing games that'd be kinda neat sorta. Not something i'd ever pay for in this day and age though.

Kind of irrelevant for me either way since I only ever play my WiiU on the gamepad while sitting in front of my PC with headphones on.

joelv6

Neku
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt know napster still existed. i wonder whats the pricing after the 30 day trail. also they should of just got pandora or spotify.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why still use the Napster name? Everyone (I assume) would have a bad taste in their mouth from the law suits from years ago. Whatever, I guess. Now if only I could find my old Myspace account so I can log in...

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.